Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #15
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Correct - there are 4 little screws that go through the bumper cover in to the flare (bumper cover needs to be drilled). There is also a built-in bracket with 3M tape already mounted - think it has the red plastic strip that peels off. And there is a special adhesive to bond the flare on securely to the wheel well perimeter in places. Note there is a tab that engages to the Z28 rocker and also a front fitting on the flare the engages in to the Z28 splitter at the front. It is tricky to get the flares installed perfectly and securely. There are threads on technique to install.
Pic follows of the inside surface of the Left flare.
Thanks..... you wouldn't happen to have the links?

Again, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cant find anything on install, removal.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #16
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Thanks..... you wouldn't happen to have the links?

Again, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cant find anything on install, removal.
Here you go - from folks that installed them:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468405

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443834

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488317

Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #17
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #18
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I'm pretty sure US federal law mandates that auto manufacturers maintain adequate parts (either by stocking them or being able to reproduce them) for any vehicle sold in the US for no less than 13 years. Imagine the decimation of Z/28 resale value if GM stopped making ANY of the car's parts (meaning that even so much as a fender-bender would no longer be repairable).

While people might be out of stock, I wouldn't believe anyone who said that GM "stopped making them".
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote