Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Rusty Wallace Nascar & Grand Am Cup Driver @ TORQ's OPENING!!

We did not want to announce anything until we knew forsure but I just got off the phone with my good friend and long time customer Mark Wilkins, who races for AIM/Ford Riley in the Rolex Grand am series that he will be able to make it to the event.....I am hoping he brings the new Audi R8/V10

Additionally, on display we have an official race driven (from 2002).

2002 Rusty Wallace, Harley Davidson / Miller Lite #2 Penske Ford Taurus Nascar. Probably the most famous Rusty Wallace Nascar in private hands. Car/Chassis # PRS-25, named "Mad Max". It won it's forth start at Michigan in 2000, and got it's name "Mad Max" after that win by Penske South tradition. The car's overall record sports two wins ( Michigan 2000 and California 2001), four top-five finishes and ten top-ten finishes. Raced as Harley Davidson, and other paint schemes. This is the car that has been pictured with Rusty Wallace driving backwards around California Speedway after his 2001 win there, holding a #3 flag out the window shortly after Dale Earnhardt's death. This Nascar has the Penske "matching #" engine that it last raced with at Michigan 8-18-2002. Rusty's seat is still in it. The car runs perfect, set up to drive around a road course. Museum quality car, not a restored vintage race car with stories.

Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote