Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
thanks! it was great to meet and talk with all of you!

steve,
thankyou for being a great host and bringing your Awesome Pace car by our tint. Im a big underhood fanatic and yours looked like a true show stopper! Glad we could help makie the final tweaks on your tune. now go put some drag radials on that car and run some 11.7's.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #30
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
Glad you are happy with the results. My 3-4 shift has always seemed a little soft to me, does your 3-4 feel similar to the rest? I think mine is shifting at around 66-67 and I've always felt it would like a little more rpm.

I'm not sure what to think about dyno numbers. Livernois did my install and it is their cam and car made 442 on a dynojet. I added a catback and had Mike add a ported TB and retune and it only showed 427 on his dyno. They both used same brand dyno but that doesn't mean they are the same but I would think close. It was 100* when mike dynoed it and was probably 65* at livernois but I think they were corrected #'s. The car feels at least as fast if not faster than before but that lower number always has me wondering if there is more in it.

I've only had it at the track twice and it was 90*+ both times and it run 12.15 @114.5 on DR's. I have since then raised my stall speed from 3000 up to 3700 and the car feels way faster on the launch but that may be just me.
I probably can't say for sure on the 3-4 shift at this point - I was nervous when I went down the track for my first time and don't remember everything lol. As far as the dyno, after talking to Shawn & Nick I learned a few things that could create different numbers between Mike & them. Correction factors used, running a fan across the top of the motor, having a fan pointed in the direction of an washer bottle relo/air scoop if you have one, and turning the safeties off (while dynoing) to achieve the highest number. And no I don't know what the "safeties" are lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Yea you can best bet it needs a good track tire setup running with nannies on kinda slows the car down(unless on street tires like us lol)I need some tires and suspension myself ha
I at least got to adjust my coilovers for drag racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
thanks! it was great to meet and talk with all of you!

steve,
thankyou for being a great host and bringing your Awesome Pace car by our tint. Im a big underhood fanatic and yours looked like a true show stopper! Glad we could help makie the final tweaks on your tune. now go put some drag radials on that car and run some 11.7's.
Thanks Nick - it is a lot of work to clean up that clutter, but it's worth it in the end. Although I still have some people that think the Pace Car comes that way Hopefully next year I will look at DR's - I blew my wad big time on the LS3 Conv this year and wife has me on "lockdown" !
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lethal racing