Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
Harga

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 M6
Question Let's talk Koons Chevrolet and their 1LE stash..

So I'm in the market for a 1LE. I definitely want a 2015 with the RS package, NPP, and Recaros. At first I was just planning on spec'ing out my own with all of the options I wanted at a nearby dealership but through searching AutoTrader, I've come across Koon's Chevrolet in NoVa. I've noticed that they consistently have had around 10-20 1LEs in stock at a time and the prices are MUCH better than what I would get if I ordered one brand new (37k vs 42k). This has tempted me into purchasing one from them BUT I've heard some bad things about them from numerous members here. Bad business practices, prices don't line up, etc. Does anyone here have any actual stories of going there recently and being turned off by anything?

Also, as a side note, I've noticed they've had one in particular that's been sitting on the lot since at least October (I've been tracking it weekly like a creep ). Assuming they don't pull a bait and switch with their pricing, would seeing a 1LE sitting on the lot this long scare anyone enough that they would walk away from such a deal?

http://www.koonschevybuickgmc.com/ne...ions=compliant
Old 02-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
A lot of dealer cars that don't sell within a couple of months go back up for auction where another dealer picks it up for wholesale. It then sits on another lot until sale by customer or another auction.

Look out for brake rust, bad tires, and other lot rot, and be sure to change the oil. Otherwise, there's not going to be anything wrong with the car.

When negotiating, point out that you know it's been there a while, and they'll level with you. Expect a better deal than average, but be prepared to do a little basic maintenance as soon as you purchase it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Teghogh

Drives: Vette
You are so lucky to be near them. I have used their website as the base price line and showing it to the local dealers in socal and no one seems to be able to match them. I contacted them a month ago but apparently they cant ship any cars to california due to emission laws.
I would say the only thing you have to worry about when financing is to make sure you are getting the base apr without the mark up. Also dont forget to take advantage of an additional 1k conquest
Teghogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
Harga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
A lot of dealer cars that don't sell within a couple of months go back up for auction where another dealer picks it up for wholesale. It then sits on another lot until sale by customer or another auction.

Look out for brake rust, bad tires, and other lot rot, and be sure to change the oil. Otherwise, there's not going to be anything wrong with the car.

When negotiating, point out that you know it's been there a while, and they'll level with you. Expect a better deal than average, but be prepared to do a little basic maintenance as soon as you purchase it.
I'll be able to tell almost immediately upon driving it if the tires have flat spots, right? I'd hope they'd offer to replace them if that was the case. The brakes don't seem to worry me as much since I should just be able to rub the rust off with some moderate braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teghogh View Post
You are so lucky to be near them. I have used their website as the base price line and showing it to the local dealers in socal and no one seems to be able to match them. I contacted them a month ago but apparently they cant ship any cars to california due to emission laws.
I would say the only thing you have to worry about when financing is to make sure you are getting the base apr without the mark up. Also dont forget to take advantage of an additional 1k conquest
I'm not too worried about the financing part as I'm planning to get pre-approved from another bank before I even talk to anyone at the dealership.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
97tj-neil

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS, RS, 1LE
I had my local dealer in PA transfer one from Koons in December. Dealser in VA do not have to include destination charge in their adverized price, but you will pay it, so go ahead and add $900 to what they advertize. There may be other items not included in their advertised price as well. Once all said and done, my dealer was about $1500 above what Koons advertized. That was worth it to me to buy from my local dealer and not have to deal with Koons (just based on comments I have read here, no personal experience).

.............2015 1SS/RS/1LE....................2010 Silverado Crew Cab Z71...........1997 Wrangler TJ.........
97tj-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My dealer also advertised a much lower "wow" type price on their website only to find out that the lower price is including all possible discounts. Some of these discounts I didn't qualify for.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Zorns

Drives: ?
I've stopped by. They are all 1SS cars, none are 2SS - if that matters in your search and pricing.
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teghogh View Post
I contacted them a month ago but apparently they cant ship any cars to california due to emission laws.
I thought they are all 50 state legal now.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
extraurban

Drives: Junker
Looks like these ones have the NE1 RPO meaning:

NE1 Emissions, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state requirements

The others seem to be different:

NB8 Emissions override, California
NB9 Emissions override, state-specific
NC7 Emissions override, Federal

Also, price isn't very good, even with exchange rate, I ordered mine for less, with sunroof, including all of our our wonderful federal/provincial excises.
extraurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
My dealer also advertised a much lower "wow" type price on their website only to find out that the lower price is including all possible discounts. Some of these discounts I didn't qualify for.
That's what Koons does....

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
This is interesting. When I was looking for a 2014 back in July, I ended up having to drive 4 hours to get one. Few had 1LEs (more less 2014 models), and those that did refused to transfer them to another dealer.

Last edited by USMUCL; 07-20-2015 at 07:11 PM.
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
Harga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
That's what I was originally thinking when I saw their low prices. Not really a "bad" business practice as I've seen some say around these forums, just something that fools people who don't deeply research something.

Sounds like I should just call and find out what all rebates and offers are included in their price and go from there. Their website doesn't really give a rundown, unless I've missed something.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #13
Harga

For what it's worth, when I hear someone say bad business practice, I think of something like negotiating with a dealer and agreeing on a final price, then when time comes to sign the paperwork, that number magically changes...
Old 02-06-2015, 11:32 PM   #14
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
How did this dealer accumulate so many 1LEs? Not even the largest volume dealer in Northern CA near me has close to that many.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote