Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

third_shift studios
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #365
y2kgt46

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
As a relatively new member of the community and someone who spent most of their car time on mustangs, I've had a few tuner experiences. Anyone thinking about a tuner should 100% order from dynosteve. My 2014 L99 only has a set of Flowmaster Force II mufflers and an Airaid cold air kit on it. I noticed that I had a small amount of backfire when the car started and it smelled like it was running a little rich. This brought me to the idea that it was probably time for a tune. After a ton of reading on the forums, I reached out to dynosteve for a tune. Let me just say this tune made the car night and day amazing. The shifts are so much firmer, and it takes off so much more smoother. With my previous Mustang I ordered a custom tune from Bama Performance (see American Muscle) and what I got was a tuner with a thrown together tune (custom in their words) that was in just a box, not even carefully packaged, that I had to update myself. Steve sent me the tuner in its original box and it was already up to date. The file send and receive was lightning fast. If someone is on the fence or not sure about tuning if you're new to these cars, you are in great hands with dynosteve.

I'm already thinking about the next mod, even with the warranty... Thanks Steve!
y2kgt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #366
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgt46 View Post
As a relatively new member of the community and someone who spent most of their car time on mustangs, I've had a few tuner experiences. Anyone thinking about a tuner should 100% order from dynosteve. My 2014 L99 only has a set of Flowmaster Force II mufflers and an Airaid cold air kit on it. I noticed that I had a small amount of backfire when the car started and it smelled like it was running a little rich. This brought me to the idea that it was probably time for a tune. After a ton of reading on the forums, I reached out to dynosteve for a tune. Let me just say this tune made the car night and day amazing. The shifts are so much firmer, and it takes off so much more smoother. With my previous Mustang I ordered a custom tune from Bama Performance (see American Muscle) and what I got was a tuner with a thrown together tune (custom in their words) that was in just a box, not even carefully packaged, that I had to update myself. Steve sent me the tuner in its original box and it was already up to date. The file send and receive was lightning fast. If someone is on the fence or not sure about tuning if you're new to these cars, you are in great hands with dynosteve.

I'm already thinking about the next mod, even with the warranty... Thanks Steve!

Appreciate the Feedback and kind words sir and thankyou for your business

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #367
john797

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro LS3
I installed a package deal from one of RDP's competitors that included a CAI, LTH, and tune. I was a bit disappointed after the install, it sounded great but didn't feel much better that it did stock.
I kept seeing posts about how great the tunes from dynosteve were and how they really woke up the car. I thought they were just feeling the trans tune and since mine's a manual I wouldn't feel the difference.
But I decided to send steve a PM and he replied back with a price I couldn't pass up. So I sent him the info required and received the new tune the next day. Got it installed, and WOW what a difference! Now I know what I've been missing out on.
Thanks Steve!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #368
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john797 View Post
I installed a package deal from one of RDP's competitors that included a CAI, LTH, and tune. I was a bit disappointed after the install, it sounded great but didn't feel much better that it did stock.
I kept seeing posts about how great the tunes from dynosteve were and how they really woke up the car. I thought they were just feeling the trans tune and since mine's a manual I wouldn't feel the difference.
But I decided to send steve a PM and he replied back with a price I couldn't pass up. So I sent him the info required and received the new tune the next day. Got it installed, and WOW what a difference! Now I know what I've been missing out on.
Thanks Steve!
Thankyou very much for the feedback sir and glad we could make your car run the way you wanted it to

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #369
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Tuning Deals Still Going for forum members here

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #370
TheFlyingBananaSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Some people just try my patience

Once my Vitesse refund comes in (yawn) , I'll be getting a tune from you.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #371
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Some people just try my patience

Once my Vitesse refund comes in (yawn) , I'll be getting a tune from you.
Awesome sir i look forward to helping you out

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #372
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Hey Frank

I will need to write you a new tune for the gears sir, just send me a email as per normal with the changes and i will get it done for you kind sir
True to his words Steve had my updated tune back to me THE SAME DAY!. Once I got the rear finished, the new tune installed without a hitch(I make sure all SCT SW and device updates are installed BEFORE doing any tune updates!) Car started right up and then dropped to a nice low idle and so far the couple of cruises have been perfect!

THANK YOU SIR!
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Spectre CAI - JET TBS - JBA Shorty Headers - ARH H/F Catted Mids - Doug Thorley axle back - MSD 12v coil harness mod - PAC 1218's - BTR 3/8 7.4 push-rods - Powell Machine bronze rocker bushings - Prothane motor mounts - Prothane rear sub-frame inserts - BMR Trailing Arms & bushings - 1LE 3.91's - 1LE axles - Ford S-spring posi mod - tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot) - LS9 block - Daily Driver - 115K!---12.7 at 112 - 1.9 60'--- BFG Comp-2 Street Tire-stock size on ZL1 reps(20x8.5)(20x9.5)---DR's Nitto NT05R(305/45) on Motegi MT120 18x9.5---12.6 at 111 - 1.8 60'
All work by me...
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #373
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
True to his words Steve had my updated tune back to me THE SAME DAY!. Once I got the rear finished, the new tune installed without a hitch(I make sure all SCT SW and device updates are installed BEFORE doing any tune updates!) Car started right up and then dropped to a nice low idle and so far the couple of cruises have been perfect!

THANK YOU SIR!
Your Most Welcome kind sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old Today, 05:33 PM   #374
TheFlyingBananaSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Tonight I pulled the trigger. I can't wait to feel the difference. Can you say excited?

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning