Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #15
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Have it in my Silverado, never used it. Never even used the free minutes it came with.

It's a cool feature and the peace of mind is nice, but ultimately not worth it.
lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i contacted onstar about this. they stated that they will never call you with a sales pitch and if you were called it is a scam. and when i set mine up i politely told them that i was late for a social gathering and hung up.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I checked on this for you.

OnStar will NEVER call you unannounced, EVER. (So I am told)

BUT:

XM Will - many random "hang up" calls were tracked back to XM, and they are aware of it.

Many OnStar complaints would be dissolved if dealerships would go over the system and do the welcome calls WITH their customers.
Eric went through the call with me and I prefer that since I don't have to worry about it anymore, now I am just left with getting my garage remote programmed and the radio settings configured correctly.

It would be nice it they weren't so pushy on the minutes package - They were one script away from me telling them I understood they were required to read that but I was done, move on or hang up.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
based on all the stuff Ive been reading on here bout getting calls and emails from onstar Im not so sure I want to activate it.
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #19
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtrill View Post
Eric went through the call with me and I prefer that since I don't have to worry about it anymore, now I am just left with getting my garage remote programmed and the radio settings configured correctly.

It would be nice it they weren't so pushy on the minutes package - They were one script away from me telling them I understood they were required to read that but I was done, move on or hang up.
They asked me I think 3 times if I wanted the extra minutes... I told them no each time. They gave up. I like having a few, but never need to call from the car. My cell service is awesome here so I'm set. I used it ONLY once to find out what kind of ice cream the wife wanted. Only because I could. But I can't see the need to do that all the time. If it was cheaper than my cell service, then that would be a different story.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
You get an audio CD with your manuals that explain everything about OnStar.

You can now send your Google Maps destinations to your car (not just MapQuest).

I use OnStar all the time. Not 100% sure I will renew without a discount though.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
Supercharged2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS - Supercharged
I like mine for the turn by turn. way better than sticking some GPS unit in my windshield. less is more as far as I am concerned. it gets me where I want to go. although I did have an argument with some woman on where I was, and where I was going, but it wasnt' that bad. just not a fan of sticking anything on the inside of my windshield.
Supercharged2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #22
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I think onstar called my house 10 times looking for me to renew my service. I told them i wont pay anything over $99 for the year. They said sorry we cant do that sir, your service will be turned off. I said thats fine and have a good day.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #23
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
They also wanted my credit card number so that when my free year is up, I will have "uninterrupted service." I said "no." They said "but..." I then said "there is no way I'm giving you my credit card number! it ain't happening!" She quit there.

The only thing that bothered me was that when I bought the car (late January) I told On Star that I would not be driving it until late April when the weather improved. So, I asked if I could postpone my 30 "free minutes" of calling until April. They told me I should just call them in April and they would be happy to do so. Well, when April rolled around they had no idea what I was talking about. They had no record of that call.

It doesn't really matter. My Verizon phone is paired via bluetooth to the car, so I can can do voice dialing via my verizon phone.

I'm not sure if I'll renew the safety package when my year of free On Star is up. I know I will not be renewing the Directions and Connections. I have a nice little Garmin Nuvi that works great. Also, ProClip makes a nice console mount for my Garmin and it works great.

XM is another story however. I really hate XM. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are blood-sucking scum. GM should not do business with XM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
racer515

Drives: Various
XM is horrible. They keep calling me, even after I've told them to put me on the DNC list. They keep saying they don't have my phone number in their database because I'm not a customer (that part is true). They keep calling though. Next step is a complaint to the FCC.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer515 View Post
XM is horrible. They keep calling me, even after I've told them to put me on the DNC list. They keep saying they don't have my phone number in their database because I'm not a customer (that part is true). They keep calling though. Next step is a complaint to the FCC.
Then ask them this, if they don't have your number then how are they calling you.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
I got my first sales pitch from Onstar that went over a very cool song today.
Really bothers me to have someone else controlling a car I just bought, even if it is just the stereo.
I will never pay them a dime for this service just because of that crap.

If the Onstar GM engineers really read this stuff.....FU and F Onstar!

If I wanted to hear a woman's voice that wouldn't shut up talking over my music I would go pick up my ex.
- I got the same bs at the dealer sitting in my new Camaro. Onstar practically had a stroke when i would not give them a credit card #.
6000 - 7/17/09
See my Thread in New York Metro Area.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33878
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #27
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
When they called and asked if I wanted to renew I told them that I would but first they had to let me buy an onstar box with bluetooth built in. They then told me that BT has nothing to do with the box. After I insisted that it was built in they just hung up and I haven't heard from them since.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
grizli

Drives: SG 2SS/RS 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
- I got the same bs at the dealer sitting in my new Camaro. Onstar practically had a stroke when i would not give them a credit card #.
Hehe, they tried to sell me crap on the way home from the dealer. I told the lady - how in the world you expect me to drive through this insane stop and go traffic with a manual tranny while I'm pulling my wallet out of my pocket They never said another word about selling something
grizli is offline   Reply With Quote