Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm having this exact same problem with my car currently.. Just as you describe it where it clicks, dies (literally everything dies) open the door a couple of times and wait a couple minutes and it cycles back on. do you happen to know which ground specifically it was?

I'm going to go around and hit all that I see, but don't want to miss any.

EvoWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoWake View Post
I'm having this exact same problem with my car currently.. Just as you describe it where it clicks, dies (literally everything dies) open the door a couple of times and wait a couple minutes and it cycles back on. do you happen to know which ground specifically it was?

I'm going to go around and hit all that I see, but don't want to miss any.

I am sorry to hear of this concern you are having. Have you had this diagnosed at your dealership service department? They may be able to pinpoint the issue. Also, if you would like to send me your VIN to check for applicable warranties, please feel free to do so at your convenience.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks Brandon, I'll shoot you a PM with my VIN.

I have not taken it to a dealer for this issue yet.

EvoWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'd say you are correct about the volts, especially right after starting it should go well over twelve, then may get closer to 12 after running for a while....It sounds like a good old fashioned starter solenoid that is hit or miss...Not sure, but they might be internal on starters these days...I would check yourself underneath and make sure the wires are tight on the starter/solenoid...if loose, could be why there's a "delay" and why you show no charge from time to time...If all tight, I'd say you got starter problems...good luck!
This is where I would look first.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Is this with the remote start? I confused cause you say turn the key then you also replace the key fob battery...

If you're turning the key in the ignition its not using the battery from the fob The remote features only use the battery in the key fob, once you're in the ignition its a regular key.

Overall go to the dealer, they'll fix it as you should be under warranty
Not true at all...put your key in your ignotion, fold the key so it's not flipped completely open, and try to start the car...she won't crank because the key fob isn't on, and therefore isn't telling the car wirelessly to start...it's the new version of GM VATS...far superior to the old resistor in the key that they used in the 90's, and it makes a screw driver or hot wiring essentially impossible...so the next time your car won't start, it could very well be an issue with the battery in the fob.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Stalkker66

Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue Metallic
Thats what they told me the first time i went in for this issue. It still kept doing it after i left. Once they fixed the ground strap from the fender to the engine everything worked fine. I am not sure were the ground strap they refured to is. i can look around for it when i get a chance and try to post a pic.
Stalkker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #21
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Just a quick update on my issue, hopefully this may be able to help some of you!

On the way to a meet the other day, I got a "Check Charging System" warning on the DIC, and a low battery light on the gauges. Looked down to find my voltage showing below 11 while driving. NOT GOOD!

Took it to a buddy's shop where it was diagnosed as needing a new alternator. I stressed that I wanted him to check grounds because it's strange that an alternator would cause a starting click and delay for a couple years, then in one day just fail.

So he took the alternator off and bench tested it. It passed with plenty of voltage. So it was NOT the alternator. He looked and couldn't find any loose grounds (as there are so many grounds on the car it's difficult to search them all). So He added a ground on my starter, alternator, and ECU to make sure they were all getting the connection they need. After that the car started right up with no issues at all!

Since then I have been bump starting the car everytime, something I haven't been able to do for about 2 years. So in conclusion, CHECK ALL GROUNDS.

Hope this may help some of you from making some costly repairs that may not be necessary. Good luck!!

-Mike

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #22
alex3d

Drives: zl1
I'm having the same issue.
This is a video of the delay starting.

alex3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #23
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Im having the same problem of someone can help. My thread has a lot of detail: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433174

Also any picture that shows arrows to where the grounds are that I can check. Not really knowledgable so I would need a picture