Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #29
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Guys guys guys...

Why are we fighting??

This is about the GT500 sounding like a 12 year old girl, not about the fact that for 10k more it is .1-.2 seconds faster!!!

I mean jeeze guys!!!

But i DO have to ask... If the GT500 being .1-.2 seconds faster for 10k more is an Ass whooping.. Do we even have a term in the English language for how brutally the SS dominates the comparatively priced GT???

I dont think so.
I hate to say this but I agree with the Gator Fan ewwwwww! Go Dawgs!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #30
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Guys guys guys...

Why are we fighting??

This is about the GT500 sounding like a 12 year old girl, not about the fact that for 10k more it is .1-.2 seconds faster!!!

I mean jeeze guys!!!

But i DO have to ask... If the GT500 being .1-.2 seconds faster for 10k more is an Ass whooping.. Do we even have a term in the English language for how brutally the SS dominates the comparatively priced GT???

I dont think so.
Guys,Guys,Guys........they've refined the interior so much that alittle extra sound has to be piped in.....it still sounds badass outside......DUH. You guys are really stretching to find things to whine about.
I think .1-.2 seconds faster on paper is a wrist slap. The SS gives a simple wrist slap to the GT,probably a limp wrist at that.....
Breaking the GT500 down to a simple 0-60 time is missing the full visceral bowel-emptying force of what 540HP feels like,c'mon,you guys know better than that. I bet that 6.2 makes the SS feel alot faster than the GT than .1-2 seconds. Numbers are garbage,my old Miata felt alot faster than our BMW yet the Bimmer could outperform in every way. It's all in the drive,the GT500 will give you more excitement than the SS,simple as that. It's louder,bolder,tackier,faster,more aggressive,scarier...i could go on. The SS is the better value for a new car,but down the road the rarer and more unique Shelby will hold on its mystique alot better.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #31
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #32
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I would love to see em put something like this on the camaro. Plus it would be great for detecting problems that may not be herd as well with the stereo and shit playing. Dont get me wrong I am a camaro fan and have one on order. But I also love the Challengers and the shelby. I have always loved the way the mustangs sound even though I prefer the camaro looks.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
1320junkie

Chevy= The Heartbeat of America (no audio piping to the interior needed)
I love this forum..(hopefully no one is really getting offended) besides the only real car Ford ever made is the Ford GT....c'mon we all know it...there are curves in real life...I keed..I keed..lol I respect and admire all forms of American Muscle, Chevy, Ford, Dodge.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #34
KatarHol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Chevy= The Heartbeat of America (no audio piping to the interior needed)
I love this forum..(hopefully no one is really getting offended) besides the only real car Ford ever made is the Ford GT....c'mon we all know it...there are curves in real life...I keed..I keed..lol I respect and admire all forms of American Muscle, Chevy, Ford, Dodge.
I think the only real car Ford ever made would be..uh.....i don't......maybe the Model T,you know,the car that put AMERICA on wheels.........yeah,that's right,i'm going old school on the brand fighting......suck it curved dash Olds and go back to France Louis Chevrolet,you surrendering cheese monkey...........
Old 03-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #35
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
I think the only real car Ford ever made would be..uh.....i don't......maybe the Model T,you know,the car that put AMERICA on wheels.........yeah,that's right,i'm going old school on the brand fighting......suck it curved dash Olds and go back to France Louis Chevrolet,you surrendering cheese monkey...........
LOL, it's on!!! Explain this
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #36
Blownhotrodder

Gas crisis.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #37
KatarHol

The gas crisis was just good timing The real reason was the increasingly poor sales of the '69-73 Mustangs(especially the big '71-73) and the fact that the car was becoming more Thunderbird or Torino than Mustang,it was losing itself trying to play muscle car. It's the first Retro Mustang and it put the car back on track to where it was supposed to be size-wise and character-wise. It was a long climb back up to the '82 GT and to to its glory days image but the II was a decent reset button.
Got another?
You know the F-body almost went FWD for '80 and the fact that the Fox RWD Mustang was going ahead gave GM the balls to hold off for a proper RWD F-body for '82 so you can sorta trace the '10 Camaro back to the humble Mustang II. Without its success,no Fox and a FWD Camaro for 1980...........so suck it.
Also,the future 4th gen F-body gave Ford the balls not to kill the Mustang and give us the SN95......damn,why do we even fight.......these cars need each other.......
Old 03-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #38
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
The gas crisis was just good timing The real reason was the increasingly poor sales of the '69-73 Mustangs(especially the big '71-73) and the fact that the car was becoming more Thunderbird or Torino than Mustang,it was losing itself trying to play muscle car. It's the first Retro Mustang and it put the car back on track to where it was supposed to be size-wise and character-wise. It was a long climb back up to the '82 GT and to to its glory days image but the II was a decent reset button.
Got another?
You know the F-body almost went FWD for '80 and the fact that the Fox RWD Mustang was going ahead gave GM the balls to hold off for a proper RWD F-body for '82 so you can sorta trace the '10 Camaro back to the humble Mustang II. Without its success,no Fox and a FWD Camaro for 1980...........so suck it.
Also,the future 4th gen F-body gave Ford the balls not to kill the Mustang and give us the SN95......damn,why do we even fight.......these cars need each other.......
the F-body also almost went FWD for the 90's as well. A LOT of the top heads at GM wanted a FWD camaro, but enough perseverence paid off and they were shown that GM could make a RWD camaro that was powerful, modern, and (decently) fuel efficient.

oh, and if it wasnt for GM, we wouldnt have a mustang.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #39
1320junkie

Quote:
Got another?
lol Almost doesnt count..and yes these cars do need each other...
Old 03-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Off-topic much?

This thread is about exhaust-sound piping.
Not which car is better. (Because we all know which one that is....)
Old 03-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #41
KatarHol

I would like to pipe in the sound of a 6.6L TA into my Mazda CX7.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #42
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
I would like to pipe in the sound of a 6.6L TA into my Mazda CX7.
lol

we had a similar topic come up about an electric camaro with all weather sound system outside of the car with a recording of a powerful V-8 exhaust that would play as you were driving.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Closed Thread