Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
Camaro154

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO IOM
Adam's Machine Super Sealant plus Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax Overkill?

I wanted to know if anyone has used the the Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax after using Adam's Machine Super Sealant together after completing claying and polishing of the car with the PC. I want to place a order but an not sure if I should put my extra money into the adams americana premium paste wax or use the money to buy the VRT tire and trim combo to add protection for my matte stripes. I have IOM if the color of the car changes your opinion on this question. I also live in California with a very hot summer and my car is parked outside during work hours. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help. This forum has been a great help in looking up all kinds of great Adams products and suggestions. Now I can't decide what product will provide the greatest benefit.
Camaro154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Defintely get the wax!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I agree^ but if it comes down to getting the sealant + (Americana or VRT combo) I would personally get the sealant, buttery wax and VRT so you can protect your stripes as well as your paint. Now if you can get the mini Americana with the VRT that would be a good route to go if you can't drop 70$ at once on the bigger Americana
Old 05-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Find someone with the wax and borrow it. Do half your hood (or better yet, let someone else do half without you there) and take it out in the sun to see if you can see a difference. If you can tell correctly which half was done, buy the wax!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Defintely get the wax!
+1
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Camaro154

I decided I am going to buy the americana wax along with the Adam's Brilliant Glaze in a kit. Because I am doing this is it necessary to still buy the Machine Super Sealant? Here are the items in my cart let me know your opinions and suggestions. I am going to make my purchase tonight and this is a lot of money so I want to make sure everything I buy makes sense. Thanks
  • Adam's Starter Machine Polishing Kit w/porter cable machine
http://www.adamspolishes.com/showpro...-polishing-kithttp://www.adamspolishes.com/showpro...ire-trim-combohttp://www.adamspolishes.com/showpro...mium-shine-kit
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Yes. The sealant protects the paint, the glaze fills in imperfections prior to waxing and makes the paint pop after you wax it.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Camaro154

I landed up buying everything in the list in the post above and also added a 3 pack of the detailers tape. The Camaro5 promo code saved me about $45 and the shipping was $5 because of the cinco de mayo sale.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro154 View Post
I landed up buying everything in the list in the post above and also added a 3 pack of the detailers tape. The Camaro5 promo code saved me about $45 and the shipping was $5 because of the cinco de mayo sale.
Welcome to ocdetailing.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
Camaro154

After watching a few wash videos on you tube from Adams and the Junkman I decided to add two grid guard buckets and two Adams professional car wash pads to my order. Once I fix my order I have to keep the paint correct by using the two bucket wash method.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Looks like they recruited another soul to the AA.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
i sold mine a while ago to Adam's Anonymous. lol
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
Get the Americana. Something I have noticed with applying SVRT to vinyl (and maybe it's just because I'm doing something wrong) is that even after knocking it down after applying it, the SVRT will run onto your paint as soon as it gets wet. I used to have vinyl hood spears and I applied SVRT on more than one occassion, and the second it rained, or I washed the car, I had I nice film around my spears because of the run off. I would go with the Brilliant Glaze option for keeping your stripes nice, and invest in the Americana. Well worth the money, and definitely not overkill.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I know it's a little late, but if it's a fair weather vehicle, them I'd definitely go with the BG/Americana combo.

Layering that combo over the Machine Sealant will give you the best of both worlds in terms of protection/depth/shine, but it's not absolutely necessary.

MSS is better suited for DD-type vehicles, ones that see all types of weather and/or don't get parked in a garage.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adams, sealant, vrt, wax