Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
qberry

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Magna TVS2300
Talking cut off my mufflers today...

The only stock pieces left on my exhaust were the mufflers and H pipe. A buddy runs a maxi muffler shope so we cut off the stock mufflers and h pipe in exchange for Magnaflow mufflers and their X pipe.
Oh, actually I lied, I left the resonators on. Anyone got an idea of whether I should delete them or not?
I had LT headers and high flow cats already and the original mufflers sounded pretty ridiculous. They were loud and kinda blappy (only way I know to explain it.) Now they are not only quiter, which surprised me, but they sound so much better and cleaner. I can barely hear them in the cabin at WOT, from outside the car they sound awesome though. I can however hear a slight drone at around 73 miles an hour. Really slight, if the radio is on at all I don't hear it. I didn't have any drone wth the stock mufflers at all, but I'm still extremely happy with the change. I swear I can feel the differnece this little change made (have magna supercharger too).
Here's a clip of the new SOUND.
Feedback on cutting out the resonators please!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I can't believe you did not post any pictures!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

Nice sound clip and all, but WE NEED VIDEO!!!! Sounds great tho man, I like!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
qberry

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Magna TVS2300
geez, I figured you guys would just be bored with pics/video of cutting off mufflers plus I was really looking for info on the resonators and not trying to create a how to . I wish I would have thought about it or I would have though. I actually just went by there to have him put it on a lift and check it out, but before I knew it we were cutting them off.
I have to put it back on the lift soon to rip out this hurst shifter and put in my new MGW. I will get pics/vido of that along with shots of the exhaust while its on the lift. Not much need in video of the shifter change, I swear MGW's video is Oscar material. I just can't do it any more justice than that!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Wow... I love the way that sounds . I'm going to the Oshawa Meet and Greet and I'm hoping someone there has a muffler delete with an x-pipe installed.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Are you kiddin??? We are NEVER bored seeing pics - post em up please.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, magnaflow, xpipe