Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #9941
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My car just got back from the chassis shop this week. The cage is in. IPS is putting the interior back in the car this week and trimming it as needed to fit with the cage. Then, they have to remove the interior again and send the car to have the cage painted this weekend.
It doesn't look like your car will be put back together by mod day.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #9942
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I knew it would not be ready for mod day. I am just hoping to have it ready in time that I can practice launching it a few times before the fest in August.

I could have had the car back by now, but adding the cage and the intake manifold added 3 months to the project (I had to wait for the cage shop to get my car in.) But, this was the time to do it while it was already taken apart.

In the meantime, my new 6-bolt heads are ready now too. Once the car is back from the paint shop in about a week, all the parts are at IPS now and they can start putting it all together. We still have to figure out the exhaust manifold situation. The stock exhaust manifolds don't fit with the new heads apparently. Seems like some fabrication work is needed.

I hope to have my new truck before mod day though and plan to drive that.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #9943
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
if you were ever thinking of adding some "Dynomat" to the car, it appears NOW is the time to do that also.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #9944
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
I knew it would not be ready for mod day. I am just hoping to have it ready in time that I can practice launching it a few times before the fest in August.

I could have had the car back by now, but adding the cage and the intake manifold added 3 months to the project (I had to wait for the cage shop to get my car in.) But, this was the time to do it while it was already taken apart.

In the meantime, my new 6-bolt heads are ready now too. Once the car is back from the paint shop in about a week, all the parts are at IPS now and they can start putting it all together. We still have to figure out the exhaust manifold situation. The stock exhaust manifolds don't fit with the new heads apparently. Seems like some fabrication work is needed.

I hope to have my new truck before mod day though and plan to drive that.
You should also get your NHRA License as Im sure it will be faster than 9.99. That will be needed when you hit National Trails or any other Racing event.
Here is a link...
http://www.nhra.com/competition/form...ookieSupport=1
Its pretty easy to get one and just think, when you get pulled over for speeding, and the trooper asks if you have a license to speed, you can say, Why YES, yes I do!!
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #9945
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
You should also get your NHRA License as Im sure it will be faster than 9.99. That will be needed when you hit National Trails or any other Racing event.
Here is a link...
http://www.nhra.com/competition/form...ookieSupport=1
Its pretty easy to get one and just think, when you get pulled over for speeding, and the trooper asks if you have a license to speed, you can say, Why YES, yes I do!!

The car might be capable of going faster than 9.99, but I'm not sure the driver will be for a while. It's going to be a learning experience. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #9946
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
The car might be capable of going faster than 9.99, but I'm not sure the driver will be for a while. It's going to be a learning experience. Thanks for the link.
You will surprised at how fast you get use to the quick ETs.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #9947
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
After a long day of trials and tribulations. I have now lowered my car successfully! Damn the 2012 sway bars though. They are different than 10-11
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #9948
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
After a long day of trials and tribulations. I have now lowered my car successfully! Damn the 2012 sway bars though. They are different than 10-11
Coilovers or springs? What brand did you use?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #9949
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Coilovers or springs? What brand did you use?
Springs and they are b&gs. I bought them from a member here who went coil over. I'll post a pic in 10 minutes or so on my phone now. It took me way to long about 6 hours.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #9950
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Cool! A lowered Camaro looks great! I can't recall the first one I lowered... or how long it took. It may have been hrpiii's.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #9951
driyac

45th ann lowered.. Sorry its really dirty.. But its just about to rain which would defeat the purpose of cleaning her..

I will wash her tomorrow though!
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #9952
Darth_Emma

Quote:
45th ann lowered.. Sorry its really dirty.. But its just about to rain which would defeat the purpose of cleaning her..

I will wash her tomorrow though!
looks great!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #9953
driyac

Quote:
looks great!
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I am te reason advanced auto made money today... Fml
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #9954
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I am te reason advanced auto made money today... Fml
Buying metric tools?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?