Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #897
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
She's my..uh...shit I don't know what to call her lol. At 41 girlfriend doesn't seem like the right word..but...LOL..

Not going down the marriage road again and she feels the same thankfully.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #898
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
It's all good lol..

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #899
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
It's all good lol..
Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #900
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I'll chime in now that I'm finally having some success - working out more, eating right and just plain sick and tired of being sick and tired.
joined a gym in March and am now 20 lbs and 20 inches less than I was! Yay me!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #901
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I'll chime in now that I'm finally having some success - working out more, eating right and just plain sick and tired of being sick and tired.
joined a gym in March and am now 20 lbs and 20 inches less than I was! Yay me!
That's awesome.

A lot of times getting on the horse is the hardest part

Keep it up!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #902
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Hello friends! I'm still alive. Still crossfitting four days a week and adding springs and yoga here and there and eating clean! Working on trying to find the perfect calories balance. But leaning out and seeing more muscle! Haven't stepped on a scale in several weeks. May do that this weekend.

So glad to see this thread still going! You guys are great!!

Here is a progress pic for me! Ignore the shameless selfie {it was for a blog post}.

And I PR'd by back squat this week by 35lbs making it 185lbs! I almost had 190... But I think I did too many singles and my body was done.

Last edited by bossbunny; 06-28-2013 at 09:53 AM.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #903
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Lookin' good Bossbunny!

I was reviewing the records I have kept since starting on the first New Year's Resolution thread and I can feel pretty good about things. When I started I had already lost down from a size 16 to a 12 & had been stuck there for a long time. I didn't think I'd ever be lower than that & gave away all my expensive suits that were size 10. I was at about 163 lbs then. That first year I got down to a size 10 & then got stuck again. In January this year I bought scales that calculate weight, % body fat, muscle & water. My first measuremant was 153 lbs, 27.1 fat, 55.4 water, & 27.1 fat. Now I'm at 146.6 lbs, 25.4 fat, 56.7 water, and 27.5 muscle.

lbs:153 -146.6= (-)6.4
fat:27.1 - 25.4= (-)1.7
water:56.7 - 55.4= (+)1.3
muscle:27.5 - 26= (+) 1.5

I know that does not seem like huge numbers but it has made a big difference. I do wish I had taken measurements, but alas, I did not. I have had to buy size small PJ's because my large ones were falling off my butt. My short shorts I bought for the Fest last year are now too big. Soooooo, I guess I will have to do some shopping . The bad news is the tummy (the loss of which has been my motivation) is still there. I'm sure it is smaller but since everything else is MUCH smaller, it still sticks out like a sore thumb. Sooooooooooo I will push on.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 07-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #904
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

Drives: The Silver Car
Hi everyone. I'm Mike/Zabo's girlfriend. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and after a talk last night, he showed me this thread. I read through quite a few of the posts here, and want to say that you've all been doing a great job. My goal is to lose 50lb. My 24th birthday is just a month away, and I would really like to see what I'm capable of by my 25th.
Heydownhere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #905
RubyCamaro
Jan

This would be the place to help. Be prepared though for a lot of questions about your current diet and activity level and the need to make a lot of permanent lifestyle changes in both. You will soon learn which folks in here really know their stuff. You may want to pick up a copy of Feed the Muscle, Lose the Fat to get you off & running. It can be a little intimidating to read but the guys & gals on here will help simplify it. Good luck with your challenge. There is a lot of support here for you along the way.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #906
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

Drives: The Silver Car
I'll check the book out. Might be able to find it for my Kindle...

I'm going to be brutally honest. Prepare to cringe.

I've lost weight in the past. I've counted calories, cycled calories, portioned out food, made meals the night before, etc.

Right now, we don't eat that great. We don't eat terrible, but we don't eat that great, either. We just moved in together around the end of May, and with me unable to find a job yet, money is tight. We live off ground beef, sausages, and pasta. Lot of carbs. I did buy myself a bag of frozen vegetables, and I do have chicken I eat sometimes. I normally cook whatever it is we're having while Mike is still asleep, eat my portion (I measure out 1 cup, then 1 cup of vegetables, too), and send the rest off with him for lunch. I might have air popped popcorn later in the evening. Also, when I lived at home, I guzzled water like a fish. Well water. Here, the water taste horrible. I do my best and leave it sit out in a jug overnight so some of the chlorine taste is gone, and I'm slowly starting to drink more and more.

I exercise 4 days a week while he's at work. I prefer tae bo, yoga, pilates -- essentially cardio, but I do a few tapes that incorporate some weight training. I'm using canned food right now in lieu of weights though. I start my tapes around 8pm when he leaves, and finish around 9:40-10pm. Occasionally I'll throw in another tape later in the evening, especially if I give in and eat something bad.

I know my plan needs fine tuning. Last year before we met, I was really on the ball. I lost about 27lb, and then I had family issue that made it impossible to continue, and gained it all back. My depression became the worst it's ever been, and I'm only now beginning to pull myself out of that hole and make changes again. Baby steps, though, I guess, right?

I think that's about it for now. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Heydownhere!; 07-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Heydownhere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #907
RubyCamaro
Jan

You got it, Baby steps. I have found if you buy smart, it is just as cheap to eat clean as it is to eat junk. I buy large bags of frozen chicken tenders, large bags of frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zuccini & yellow squash, quiona (a substitute for rice/pasta), lots of fresh vegies, frozen bags of individually portioned salmon & tilapia, eggs, ..........................just for starters. If you go back through this thread, you will find a lot of good recipe suggestions. My contribition is that I prepare my lunches to take to work on the weekends. I coat a caserole dish with olive oil, sprinkle several chicken tenders with whichever Ms Dash spice combo I want, cover it with the top (or foil) & bake for about 30 min. I let it cool a while then put one tender in each ziplock freezer bag and add 1/4 cup of cooked quiona and 1/2 cup mixed frozen vegies & sprinkle in a little more Ms Dash. I freeze them & take one to work each day. Then just pour it onto a paper plate & zap in the microwave.

I was not eating all that well when I started either, but getting better all the time. I have learned a lot hanging around this crew. I think some of our folks must be on vacation or just busy with Camaro or holiday activities. But trust me .......they'll be back.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #908
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Just stopping in to say HI! Great to see
everyone -BB it's been along time and you look amazing --
keep it up (I know you will)

Mike/Zabos' girlfriend - this is the place to be. I struggled with
finding the balance to eating right and thought I'd never get it.
Finally it sunk in and everything is just humming along - I'm
down 20lbs (took about 5 months) boot camp 3 days a week
and eating right keeps it off and I feel GREAT!!! You can do if
you want to - it's a matter of mind set.

Can't wait for C5fest!! I'd like to know who from this thread is
going to be there - I really like a picture of as many of us as
possible.

I went shopping a couple of weeks ago - how fun!! My slacks
that were 10-12 are now 6-8 I'm thrilled and LOVE
the compliments from friends and family. Not much change in
size to the upper body - still have fairly broad shoulders and
didn't lose much in my chest

Keep up the good work everyone!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #909
RubyCamaro
Jan

Happy 4th everyone!

Becky, I'm jealous now. My size 10's are baggy now and I may be in a smaller size pants now when I go shopping next, but I lose weight EVERYWHERE before the tummy starts to go and I don't have any to spare in the, uhhhhhh..............upper body. This almost made me give up on losing the belly fat. I had to make a tough choice, but health won out over, uhhhhhhhhhh..............enjoying the looks from the guys.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #910
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Good to see people making healthy decisions with their lives. Far too many people could care less.

I've always been a fairly slim guy at 6'5 200lbs. Most of it is genetic fortunately for me. I've played ice hockey as long as I can remember, though the last few years I've struggled with back problems. It made me lazy, I began drinking a lot and I ate like crap. Over the last few months I've been getting back into shape playing hockey again, cycling, hitting the gym and even running which is something I've hated my entire life. It's amazing what affect your diet has on you. I've completely cut beef of any kind out, I eat fish or chicken mostly and take in as much fresh produce as I can. My back is still hurting but with some visits to the chiropractor and exercise it's become manageable.

I have to say at 30 I feel better now than I have in quite a few years. My motivation comes from my girlfriend I met 6 months ago. She runs every other day and hits the gym in between. She's been more of a blessing to me than she'll ever know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote