Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
scites

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
I was stationed at mildenhall from 2000 to 2006. and know just picked up an extended long tour back to wrap up my 20. the wife is english so she is really excited to be coming home. she didnt really enjoy Florida the last 7yrs..ya crazy i know..lol...we plan to retire in england as i purchased a house in swaffham (Norfolk) way back in 2002.

The whole drifting thing is how i totaled a 1994 300ZX twin turbo in the UK back in 2004. I spent about 10K in mods and was really trying to get it to go fast for Santa Pods 1/4 mile track..got it down to 11.90's which isnt bad to V6 at the time.well long story short the first time i tried it the entree speed was prob about 40MPH to fast and ended up shooting thru the forest sideways..total right off. I would have been easier on me to get a divorce then watch her get towed off on a flat bed..lol..ya the camaro isnt going to be drifting any time soon..just wanting her to lay flat around the corners
scites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Yeah, but your tyres will still be like this:
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372353931.345099.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  16.1 KB
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by scites View Post
ya the camaro isnt going to be drifting any time soon..just wanting her to lay flat around the corners
Z Bars and Foundational Bushes
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
Awdition
Camaro out>CTS-V coupe in

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by k818mn1 View Post
That's funny, roundabouts are one of the things that I really miss since I moved from the UK to Texas 10 years ago. There are no roundabouts in Texas, only traffic lights or stop signs at every f***ing intersection. My wife is used to hearing me complain when I am sitting at yet another red light "Why don't they put a roundabout here so I don't have to stop!".
Also, when we are in the UK visiting my parents, when I see a roundabout approaching I shout out "roundabout", and the wife and kids know to hang on tight as I attempt to go round it without slowing down (in a rental car). Great fun!
There are plenty here in Southlake, TX.

I'm at American Muffler today in Fredericksburg getting Pedderized...and I'm from England, so I'll let you know how the Roundabouts go later when I get home!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
scites

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Not buying the z bar, as i have already purchased the eibach sways and springs before i posted the original thread. just wanted opinions from guys that have used that setup. for 350 for the sways and springs i think it will be fine
scites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #20
JusticePete

Sorry to hear that. Not for a lost sale, but for your vehicle performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
they position their front sway bar adjustable mounts vertical which is essentially ineffective. they need to turn the adjustment holes horizontal/parallel to the ground to be able to adjust the stiffness of the sway bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
they position their front sway bar adjustable mounts vertical which is essentially ineffective. they need to turn the adjustment holes horizontal/parallel to the ground to be able to adjust the stiffness of the sway bar.
The 29mm front and 29mm rear or any matching diameter larger than OE bars will reduce lean and roll, but do nothing regarding the balance of the car leaving it in heavy understeer mode.

You may be able to find a used larger diameter inboard mounting rear bar or a take off 1LE or ZL1 bar. There are quite a few 32mm rear inboard used Pedders bars complete with endlinks being offered by owners that have upgraded to the new Z bar.

Any of these will reduce understeer. The take off 1LE or ZL1 rear bars would offer the greatest improvement in handling and reduction in understeer. A 28mm OE used bar and the 29mm front bring you close to the 1LE setup of 27mm front and 28mm rear.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #21
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Raining :-(
Luckily such equipment and options are rare and unaffordable in the UK :-O
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #22
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdition View Post
There are plenty here in Southlake, TX.
Well I never! I'll have to take a cruise out there. I'm bored with driving in straight lines. I've had the Camaro for a couple of months now, and have no idea how it handles the twisties.
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
JusticePete

Time to visit the Hill Country.