Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Normal turnout?

Ok, so this was my first Camarofest. I was not fond of having to pay $40 for the 2 of us for 1 day since I could only be there Friday. Turnout of cars seemed kinda light, but a guy I was talking to said there were a bunch still at the hotel. This was around 2:00 PM on Fri. Saw only a handful of non-C5 other gens. I guess more cars will show up Sat. But what I was really disappointed in was the turnout of vendors.

I expected a parking lot filled with aisle after aisle of vendors. I thought there would be multiple places for me to be comparing prices and selections of stuff. It was basically 3 small aisles of vendors with not much selection. I was really disappointed. I thought I would be coming home with splashguards, floor mats, keychains, a bunch of accessories, a pile of different T-shirts, etc. All I came home with was one T-shirt (which I could have gotten online for the same price) and a bottle of Adams detailer. Good thing I bought the detailer or it would have been "I went to Camarofest, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Maybe I am just used to the big antique car shows like Hershey, Iola, and Auburn where you can spend days going through parking lots filled with countless aisles of vendors. But if this is a normal turnout for Camarofest, this will be my last one. With all the stuff available for C5's online and in catalogs, I just expected to see way more of it there.

Last edited by linc400; 08-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
justav6

Drives: 2012 Black IPF Supercharged Camaro
You drove from Chicago, you didn't lose out on much.
-15% Window tint
-American Thunder axle back flowmasters
-Black front/rear badges, tail light bezels
-Heritage grille
-Razzi body kit with v8 rear
-Sinister Ram air hood
-Oracle Halo LED head/fog light(Not installed yet)
justav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
linc400

I had to take a day off from work, 8 hours of driving time round trip, $120.00 in gas, and $40 admission. So no, I don't agree with that. If I had known it would be so small beforehand, I would have skipped it and bought my detailer and shirt online. Especially since the main reason I went was because I wanted to see all the aftermarket stuff in person instead of just on a computer screen, and none of the stuff I wanted to buy was even there.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
I had to take a day off from work, 8 hours of driving time round trip, $120.00 in gas, and $40 admission. So no, I don't agree with that. If I had known it would be so small beforehand, I would have skipped it and bought my detailer and shirt online. Especially since the main reason I went was because I wanted to see all the aftermarket stuff in person instead of just on a computer screen, and none of the stuff I wanted to buy was even there.

Didn't you go around and look at the cars that were parked? I didn't see two that were alike and all had plenty of different mods installed...I've spent quite a bit so far here myself..
Old 08-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
There was a vendor topic of who was going.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207454

It shouldnt have been a surprise what or who was going to be there?
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRiderSS View Post
Didn't you go around and look at the cars that were parked? I didn't see two that were alike and all had plenty of different mods installed...I've spent quite a bit so far here myself..
The atmosphere was worth it. Met a lot of great people!
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
linc400

Yes, I did walk around all the parked cars and was able to see mods I did, and did not like. However, if nobody is around the car to ask (or no sign on it), then you have no idea what manufacturer made those things or how much they cost. For example, I was looking for some trim for my gills, and was able to see them actually on the cars instead of just on a computer screen, but I have no idea who made them or how much they were.

Since this is my first Camaro, a list of vendors wouldn't do me much good since I did not know who makes what, and that is why I wanted to see all the different stuff there in person.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
The atmosphere was worth it. Met a lot of great people!
+1 I had a guy offer to help and then helped me datalog my car cause I haven't been able to get my SCT to work....a lot of great people here
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
It was my 1st fest too and my wife and I had a great time. We spent way more with the vendors than I planned, we met and talked to lots of nice fellow camaro enthusiasts. I was impressed with the number of cars, all camaros. We experienced some glitches too but the good outweighed the bad.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i thought it was decent. was there from about 1-430 on Friday. for a forum meet its good. i wouldn't say it was a lot amount of people. but enough that i was happy to go.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Well if you went there to just buy stuff you won't have a good time... most of the stuff happens at the hotel, the cruise to and back, the drags, autocross, car show, the cruise and hanging out meeting people.
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I was pretty impressed by the vendor turnout...and Chevrolet's display was fantastic!

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
linc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Well if you went there to just buy stuff you won't have a good time... most of the stuff happens at the hotel, the cruise to and back, the drags, autocross, car show, the cruise and hanging out meeting people.
I guess so. Time simply didn't allow for all of that since we had to be there and back in a day, plus had a few other things we wanted to check out in Indy before we went home.

I am at car shows almost every weekend from May - October, so the comraderie, cruising, meeting people, etc. happens at all of them. In fact, I will be at a show on Sunday at a railway museum where I will pay $5 to show my car, get free museum admission, and unlimited train and trolley rides, plus will caravan up there and meet and chat with people there, and will have a great time.

I was basically just looking to check out all the stuff available for Camaros and see it in person since I am new to Camaros. I thought Camarofest would be the place to do that, but I guess not.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
realsquash

Drives: Four Door Camaro
The fest seems to be more of a driving event and not so much of a swap meet. As a vendor here at the show its been good for me.

Andy