Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
masonwilke94
TheWizKid

Drives: 2ss/rs
flat black stripes. help please!

okay so i have flat black stripes on my black camaro, and recently the car was waxed by the dealership and they went over the stripes and its safe to say that there not as "dull" or flat as they used to be. Is there any product i could purchase to bring them back to how they were? screwed?
Thanks,
masonwilke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Just need to clean them with something that will strip whatever they put on there.

A sure bet is something like our All Purpose Cleaner. Its likely you wouldn't even need to use it full strength if its just a regular 'wax'. Spray a little onto a towel so you can control where the cleaner goes and wipe gently at the area.

Make sure to do this when the stripes are COOL to the touch and don't do it in direct sunlight. Follow up with a damp towel to address any streaks left and you're good.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, flat black, problem, stripes, wax