Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Mark Williams Enterprises

I'm looking for a good source for a driveshaft and / or axles. I'm aware of DSS, and Hendrix, but also found this organization. Has anyone dealt with them for DS and Axles for their vehicles?

Their products and options look awesome, not to mention their pricing is very reasonable, also appears they have the patent on the carbon fibre driveshaft.

http://www.markwilliams.com/driveshafts.aspx
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
doubletrouble

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
I live about an hour from them and work about 20 minutes from there shop. I know alot of drag racers that run there stuff. I drag race a 67 stang that has there rear end housing axles and third member. I was over there a few weeks ago nice guys.
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
They have been in the drag racing scene as long as I can remember. Also, don't forget about Gforce engineering.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
They have been in the drag racing scene as long as I can remember. Also, don't forget about Gforce engineering.

We have used them for years in our 6-7 second dragsters, etc. But they are not a supporting vendor on here so I would patronize the above vendors who all have excellent products that are proven for the Gen5 for most any HP.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Mark Williams makes some good stuff. But as far as 5th Gen Camaro drivetrain you can't go wrong with DSS. Excellent products and customer service.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Mark Williams makes some great stuff.
As mentioned, you might take a look at our axles and driveshafts for the Camaro
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/categ...?categoryId=34

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
I live about an hour from them and work about 20 minutes from there shop. I know alot of drag racers that run there stuff. I drag race a 67 stang that has there rear end housing axles and third member. I was over there a few weeks ago nice guys.
Thanks, for the feedback. That's exactly what I want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I'll check it out for sure. I'm always open to vendors that have what I want vs what everyone else gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

We have used them for years in our 6-7 second dragsters, etc. But they are not a supporting vendor on here so I would patronize the above vendors who all have excellent products that are proven for the Gen5 for most any HP.
I'll check out all vendors that have good products, and can provide what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Mark Williams makes some good stuff. But as far as 5th Gen Camaro drivetrain you can't go wrong with DSS. Excellent products and customer service.
I'm looking for a custom Chromoly setup that's reasonably priced don't see this option on the DSS website. That's why I'm looking at other vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Mark Williams makes some great stuff.
As mentioned, you might take a look at our axles and driveshafts for the Camaro
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/categ...?categoryId=34

Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris, will do for sure, if you have Chromoly setup feel free to PM me.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
We can make the chromoly one, we actually did have one at one time but i t was so heavy (25lbs) no one really wanted it, it took out 2 diffs at the 2010 LSX shoot out. We can make it at time you want one with in a day or two. I would really suggest the 3-1/2 aluminum as it has already been tested part the strength of the stock diff and 2 different 9" kits. We cn also still make the 2 piece chromoly units if you prefer. here is what we have to offer

(Click here)
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Thanks, for the feedback. That's exactly what I want to know.

I'll check it out for sure. I'm always open to vendors that have what I want vs what everyone else gets.

I'll check out all vendors that have good products, and can provide what I need.

I'm looking for a custom Chromoly setup that's reasonably priced don't see this option on the DSS website. That's why I'm looking at other vendors.

Hey Chris, will do for sure, if you have Chromoly setup feel free to PM me.
I'll send a PM now, we supply the chromoly shafts with alot of our 9" kits. A bit heavier then the aluminum shafts but very strong and trouble free.
We can also supply our shafts with a billet bolt on front yoke to replace the 3 finger OEM yoke, that way there is no adapters at all.
We even make a rear billet yoke.. lots of options
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
We can make the chromoly one, we actually did have one at one time but i t was so heavy (25lbs) no one really wanted it, it took out 2 diffs at the 2010 LSX shoot out. We can make it at time you want one with in a day or two. I would really suggest the 3-1/2 aluminum as it has already been tested part the strength of the stock diff and 2 different 9" kits. We cn also still make the 2 piece chromoly units if you prefer. here is what we have to offer

(Click here)
I can attest to DSS being a GREAT vendor who stands behind his products. Your call but I would pay attention to what he says. I have his aluminum DS in my car currently with 700+ rwhp and an M6 and the car leaves VIOLENTLY on slicks. Shaft takes every ounce of the abuse and is much lighter than chromoly....remember rotational weight is heavier than just the sum of the ounces.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
I can attest to DSS being a GREAT vendor who stands behind his products. Your call but I would pay attention to what he says. I have his aluminum DS in my car currently with 700+ rwhp and an M6 and the car leaves VIOLENTLY on slicks. Shaft takes every ounce of the abuse and is much lighter than chromoly....remember rotational weight is heavier than just the sum of the ounces.
DSS is definately on the short list for the next phase of mods after the LSX gets installed. We're estimating over 800-900+rwhp., so looking at all the options for the DS and axles. Thinking chromoly for extra strength without huge price tag of the carbon fibre.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
For the guys that have a 1 piece, do you feel any vibrations in the car with a 1 piece driveshaft.