Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
Rampant

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula WS6 455ci LS7
BTW, you do not have to be a member to come to the autocrosses, or for that matter drive a Camaro or Firebird. We do prefer them though

You do save $10 per entry at the autocross and the discount at the dealer is quite impressive. I bought a front bumper for my wifes car that listed at $425 and paid $378. So my $30 was paid for the next few years.

There are some pretty nice prizes as Pomp mentioned for the club members. Last years Addison Cars show netted me a couple shirts and other things I forget. In 2007 it was a nice GM watch. Plus the Mobil one oil and swag.

Anyway, it is not a sales pitch, I want to see some 5th Gen's kick'n some ponies tail to the curb.

Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #16
Pomp

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
I also forgot to mention that in May we will be having a Meet, Eat and Dyno day at one of our sponsors in Pickering. The exact date has not been set yet but for you guys that want to know what your putting down at the wheels it would be interesting to know. I will post up the details when they are finalized.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp View Post
I also forgot to mention that in May we will be having a Meet, Eat and Dyno day at one of our sponsors in Pickering. The exact date has not been set yet but for you guys that want to know what your putting down at the wheels it would be interesting to know. I will post up the details when they are finalized.
is this with Tag Racecraft? if so those guys got a bunch of mazda's coming out. id rather much go down with the gm boys tho.
ill be more than down for a dyno day. i wana get a stock run of my car before i do some performance mods in the future.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #18
Rampant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
is this with Tag Racecraft? if so those guys got a bunch of mazda's coming out. id rather much go down with the gm boys tho.
ill be more than down for a dyno day. i wana get a stock run of my car before i do some performance mods in the future.
It is out in the east end. Rev'n High is a sponsor and will be hosting a dyno day. I think the dyno runs will be done at another place near by. He did tell me he had an aftermarket rear sway bar.

BTW, here is a shot of the Cobalt SS that was flying at the one autocorss.

More pics here:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/573491593necJsu

Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
It is out in the east end. Rev'n High is a sponsor and will be hosting a dyno day. I think the dyno runs will be done at another place near by. He did tell me he had an aftermarket rear sway bar.
LOL i was way off. pickering is not that far. if we get some 5gen guys coming out ill meet up with them and see start a convoy.
btw how much do u think it will cost for the dyno?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #20
Rampant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
LOL i was way off. pickering is not that far. if we get some 5gen guys coming out ill meet up with them and see start a convoy.
btw how much do u think it will cost for the dyno?
In the past it has been $50 for 2 pulls, but we do not have anything confirmed at this time. we will try to get the best price for the members.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
Pomp

Hi guys, just a update for those interested. I have spoken to the Dyno guy and he will be charging $70 for 3 pulls with air/fuel which is a good deal. We are working to try to have the GTA Mustang club join us for the BBQ/Dyno day as the more cars the better. We are also thinking about having a Dyno War in which the category's are Naturally Asperated and Run what you brung. So keep this in mind and I will be back with the date soon.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
Pomp

Our sponsor that is having the BBQ that day will be having specials on like Oil change for $25. He is also a Magnaflow dealer and would like to send the following specials on Magnaflow cat backs which are as follows:

Part #16581 V8 Street Series axle back for $887 installed taxes included.

Part #16582 V8 Competition Series axle back for $655 installed taxes included.

You can check the Magnaflow site at Magnaflow.Com and check it out. These parts must be preordered and prepaid before the dyno day for installation.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward his number.

Last edited by Pomp; 03-21-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Pomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #23
Pomp

Here are the details for those you that are interested which are as follows:

Hello everyone,

Toronto F-Body Motorspors is announcing that we are having a BBQ/Dyno Day at Rev'n High Automotive which is being held on Sunday June 13th starting at 10am. Revn' High is located at 1652 Bailey Avenue which is just off the 401 at Brock and Bailey in Pickering. The shop is located in the rear of the building directly behind Karbelt so just come around the back and you will see us. The BBQ is being put on by Rev'n High and the event is free but the cost of a burger and drink will be $2.00. There will also be prizes there for you to win and we are also going to be having a draw for a cash pot also so it depends on how much we get that you win.

Rev'n High will also be hosting the GTA Mustang Club at this event also. We have tried to do an event with then every year depending on schedules as they are good guys even if they do drive Mustangs..

For those of you that are interested in the Dyno the cost will be $70 for 3 pulls which is being held at a Dyno just around the corner. Included in the cost of the Dyno will be your entrance into the Dyno Wars which will be divided into 2 class which are Naturally Asperated and the other Power Adders. There will be bragging writes and a nice Trophy for each winner. We do need a minimum of cars so please post up if your interested.

Hope to see all our you out as it will be a good day!!

Last edited by Pomp; 03-25-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Pomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #24
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been lurking here for a few months.

I have personally owned 3 different Camaros and Firebirds over the years and love the new one.

I am on the executive of the TFBM which is a Camaro and Firebird motorsport club in Ontario. I have been the Autocorss Director and currentley the Drag Racing director.

The club has always had a fun, competitive relationship with the GTAMC Mustang club. We have been challenged again this year to meet them for a race day at TMP and an autocorss. They have been bringing new model hardware to try and beat on our 2002 and older street brawlers. I would love to see some of the 5th Gens come out and help keep them in their place, 2nd!

Is there any interest in here in seeing what your cars can do?

The clubs forum is at http://forums.tfbm.org/index.php?t=index&.

We have 2 autocrosses, 3 drag days and 3 social events a year plus lots of impromptu get togethers at cruise nights.

I hope we can see some V6 and SS's come out and play with the ponies.

BTW my toy for now can be seen in my sig.

What do you think?

Dale P.

TFBM Drag Director www.tfbm.org
Count angry dorothy in if the timings right!
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote