Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 03-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #71
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Sounds like a plan, according to google maps your only 9" away which to their calculations is 2hrs. once i get a little more time logged into my car id be willing to make the trip. Ill show you mine if you show me yours.
I checked out your build and you definitely had your hands full. I would venture to guess you have a one of a kind !:headband:

i will check it out but 2 hrs seems like its bit long to me. Bet in real time its a little closer than that. Anyway sounds like a good day to me !

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #72
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Sounds like a plan, according to google maps your only 9" away which to their calculations is 2hrs. once i get a little more time logged into my car id be willing to make the trip. Ill show you mine if you show me yours.
1 hour and 39 min by GPS via US 20 less than 80 miles !

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #73
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
This looks amazing.

Only if I had the money and it would fit under a shaker hood.....
TVS1900 might fit it is quite a bit shorter and you can still get quite a bit of boost out of it. More than enough if not the same. There is still more boost to be had on mine. I am running between 9 and a half and ten pounds but I could spin it faster if I wanted too. Just no need, Absolutely no need. Street and performance has a tis 1900 set up for the LS3. It in there on line catalog check out page 104 !

Or just ask Mark at S & P he knows it all ! ( And Than Some) he is at a show somewhere now but will be back tuesday. He owns the joint and is very knowledgable and helpful.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #74
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I checked out your build and you definitely had your hands full. I would venture to guess you have a one of a kind !:headband:

i will check it out but 2 hrs seems like its bit long to me. Bet in real time its a little closer than that. Anyway sounds like a good day to me !

It was a handfull, im happy im in the home stretch. I still have a lot of body and interior work to do. I wanted to make sure it was mechanically sound 1st look pretty second. I still have a few small things i need to tidy up, i wasnt thinking right when i placed the gas pedal, if it werent for back issues this winter that would have been fixed.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #75
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
It was a handfull, im happy im in the home stretch. I still have a lot of body and interior work to do. I wanted to make sure it was mechanically sound 1st look pretty second. I still have a few small things i need to tidy up, i wasnt thinking right when i placed the gas pedal, if it werent for back issues this winter that would have been fixed.
FYI...I own the local Wendy's here in town and we have cruise in ( Super Car Night ) every other wed, eve. Its always a blast and we always have a good turn out, weather permitting. DJ sounds spins some tunes and just never know what is going to be in the parking lot.

Our First one is Wed. May9th 6pm to 8:30pm.

Than May 23rd , June 6, june 20, July 18th and so on. Skipped a week cause July4th weekend is always slow. Aug. 1st, aug. 15, aug. 29.

Bring some friends ! Good time had by all...

Anything goin on in your neck of the woods ? Maybe I will make a drive. Always looking for a reason for a drive !

Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #76
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Wed. evenings there is a cruise night at tracks bar and grill in Cary. Its right down the street from my shop and the owner usually helps sponsor the event starts after labor day. It is sadly the only event i have a chance in making during the week since i work till 6pm or later every night.

In July there is Fiesta Days in Mchenry, Im planning on doing this show this year as i missed last year due to a damn ball game. They have awards they give out in several catagories i won with my 01 SS a few years back.

I hoping for the ZL1 to be in my hands by june 1st. this year as im taking a week off work to do the Power tour long haul. If you can get away from work for that time frame that might be something worth checking out. Starts in Milford, MI and ends in texas. The way things are looking i may be in the market for a different vehicle. Im giving GM till may to get their act together.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #77
carguy
Carguy

Well, more updates. After a great deal of head scratching and trial and error finally got the factory tach working thanks to a Dakota Digital interface box that converts the low voltage 4 cylinder pulse into a 12 volt 8 cylinder voltage that the tach actually reads accurately. What a pain. Next we are going to try and make a pressure switch that opens and closes the original air induction scoop on the hood like it used to. It used to operate off a solenoid and a switch attached to the gas pedal. We are going to try and make a pressure switch that will open it when it goes under boost. Won't really add any performance advantages but a great novelty item worth trying to figure out. Should be fun. Still gotta do something with those coil covers they are bugging the heck outa me ! More to come !

Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #78
carguy
Carguy

Bingo...gonna use methanol injection boost pressure switch to activate solenoid on air induction hood. Adjustable between 1 and 20 pounds. Perfect! Gonna set it for 1 lb so under any boost condition the flappers will open. Again just a novelty item but a converstion piece non the less. It's been since 1988 since I got to see those oprn and close. I guess I am easily amused....but another factory item functioning and that is the goal, get all my factory options working as they did originally except for, well the power plant. Only thing left to figure out would be the cruise control and don't know if I can pull that one off with the Drive by Wire throttle body. That is going to take some thought.....oh so close to a good wax job and a bunch more miles. Bet the second thirty thousand goes on a lot quicker than the first!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #79
carguy
Carguy

Mission Complete

She is all done....

See The pics here...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10093

Nothing to give away whats lurking under the hood except from the Back and by that time it will be too Late !