Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Mag Ride

I believe the Mag Ride suspension is fantastic in our cars.
Has anyone here bought a new Tahoe with this suspension?
If so do you think it is a worthwhile option for it?
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
mbd314

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I have the new tahoe with the mag ride. It's quite nice, actually, really keeps a handle on road conditions and body roll. If you get 22's or bigger however, it does ride a bit rougher, but I'm ok with that since the 22's look much nicer.

I'm currently in a rental tahoe LT w/ out the mag ride, and it's also a decent ride, it has 20's, but I don't think you could go wrong either way if you're considering getting a tahoe. If you are, definitely drive both with and without.
mbd314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd314 View Post
I have the new tahoe with the mag ride. It's quite nice, actually, really keeps a handle on road conditions and body roll. If you get 22's or bigger however, it does ride a bit rougher, but I'm ok with that since the 22's look much nicer.

I'm currently in a rental tahoe LT w/ out the mag ride, and it's also a decent ride, it has 20's, but I don't think you could go wrong either way if you're considering getting a tahoe. If you are, definitely drive both with and without.
Thanks for the imput!
I think it would be great on the Tahoe,
but as others are complaining on another thread that their longevity may be a factor.
I understand it is a different vehicle altogether but I do not want the expense of replacing them since I may be looking at that for my ZL1.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote