Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
My Forgestar...with a little twist...

So I ordered my Forgestars back in March and got them about 2 weeks ago. I finally got them mounted last week and have been rolling on them for the past week. I originally was going to go with black F14's because of two reasons. They will be easy to sell if I decide to change styles in the future. Second, it's a "safe" color because a lot people get black rims and it looks good on pretty much every car color.

But I decided to switch it up and go for another color. To be completely honest, I had NO IDEA how it would look with the Bronze Burst finish. All the pictures that I found online varied SO MUCH. Many people said that the pictures that you see on the internet are not a good representation of the real finish. I tried to search for CGM Camaros with this finish and came up with absolutely NOTHING. Maybe I'm the first CGM with bronze burst? I don't know. So it was a pretty big gamble at $2k.

So I pulled the trigger on it not knowing how it will look. I will admit that there were quite a few times when I wanted to call the vendor and change it to black...but let me just say that after I got the wheels I have absolutely NO REGRETS. Even my pictures do not do this color justice. The depth of the finish changes from dark to light depending on the amount of light shining on it. In the day, it can range from a VERY dark chocolate to a deep bronze color. It's absolutely STUNNING. You really have to see it in person to appreciate the finish. I get nonstop compliments at work about my wheels. As if I didn't already for having such an awesome car.

Anyways, this color isn't for everybody...but for me, I wouldn't have it any other way. I honestly can't see this color working well on any other color besides CGM and maybe black. But your opinion may differ. Enjoy the pictures and pardon the dirty car and crappy cellphone pictures.

Wheel specs are 20 X 9 fronts and 20 X 10.5 rears. 245/275 tires for now until I replace them with some 275/315.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nessal; 06-21-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks good
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Ed-Flip

Drives: 2010 3lt Colorado
actually looks really great.
Ed-Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
Nessal

I know! I'm surprised as well. I was pretty nervous unboxing the wheels. Oh btw, if anyone is wondering, I'm using these lug nuts. I was told that they would not fit but for some reason, it fits! I was told that the key is the problem and that it would not fit in the small holes but for some reason, mine was ok! The key actually had extra room to move around!
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I like the color and they look great on your Camaro...nicely done!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Finally you got the wheels delivered , huh, looking good , did you get the right lug nuts already ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Nessal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Finally you got the wheels delivered , huh, looking good , did you get the right lug nuts already ?

Yeah I actually ordered a set of Gorilla locks on Amazon. A lot of people said that the key will not fit the hole...I was pretty nervous but I didn't want to get too long of a wheel lug. I figured Amazon has a good return policy so I got next day shipping on it. I figured I can call discount tires with the part number you gave me and order it if it didn't work....well to my surprise it fits! The lug nuts are about 1.54" long and the tops are thin so it will fit the long studs that we have. I know some people had to mill the key in order to make it fit, but mine fit and had room to spare! Did forgestar change something?

Oh also note that the black locks that are on there right now are not the Gorilla locks. I decided to just test fit the key first to see if it works.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Nessal

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I like the color and they look great on your Camaro...nicely done!

Thanks! I still want to get a set of black Forgestars though. Maybe for track wheels. IMO black just looks awesome on pretty much every color.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Yeah I actually ordered a set of Gorilla locks on Amazon. A lot of people said that the key will not fit the hole...I was pretty nervous but I didn't want to get too long of a wheel lug. I figured Amazon has a good return policy so I got next day shipping on it. I figured I can call discount tires with the part number you gave me and order it if it didn't work....well to my surprise it fits! The lug nuts are about 1.54" long and the tops are thin so it will fit the long studs that we have. I know some people had to mill the key in order to make it fit, but mine fit and had room to spare! Did forgestar change something?

Oh also note that the black locks that are on there right now are not the Gorilla locks. I decided to just test fit the key first to see if it works.

This picture shows the color a lot more in detail , and regarding the key for the lugs , that's what one call a tight fit .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Nessal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
This picture shows the color a lot more in detail , and regarding the key for the lugs , that's what one call a tight fit .

Hahaha, it looks tight but you can actually wiggle it pretty good in there!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #11
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
looks awesome !!
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
DALLEN260

Drives: 2012 IOM LS
I've thought about the Bronze Burst on my IOM, if I do get Forgestars, this will be my color of choice......Looks good btw!
DALLEN260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #13
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I actually applaud you for going outside the box. You made your car unique and something that will stand out.

On my computer the color looks like gloss brown (with a hint of gold in it).

I think that color would look great on IOM or maybe a yellow Camaro.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I like 'em!!! Good choice!!! I think they would look good on silver or white too, maybe even RJT!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote