Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #57
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Didn't mean it as negative. But I am on lots of car forums and there seems to be more insecurity, chest thumping and putting down of other brands here than in most of the others. I'm am by current association, a Mustang guy, but I can praise a Subaru, Dodge, or Chevy if it's deserving without feeling somehow that it makes my current driver less valid. By the same token, I don't need to defend my brand of choice at every turn. And finally, I am not saying all Camaro fans are insecure, perhaps just that insecure types are drawn to the Camaro? Overcompensation perhaps?
Alright , I have been on other forums too . Mustangs seem to be one that talks more crap about the other two muscle cars especially camaros , but hey that's a mustang forum what do I expect I'm just a guest so I don't say nothing because I don't own a mustang . I guess it's understandable since mustang guys not all but a lot on the forum say both camaros and challengers are fat and slow. The size is always brought up against camaros on mustang forums and ofcourse always bragging about how much faster the 5.0 is against the 6.2 .they say how can we have such a bigger engine but still slower than their small 5.0 . So insecure no !just is what it always was and always will be bragging rights. I see more stuckup mustang guys than any other muscle car guy but hey who cares I know what I have . The most attractive two door

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 05-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #58
LIV4VETTES

Drives: 69 Camaro RS convertible
I think everybody has to think about this with an open mind.. they may be bored with the camaro...but it will never live up to the mustangs ability to instill the fear of getting stuck or having catastrophic failure. just sayin
LIV4VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #59
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4VETTES View Post
I think everybody has to think about this with an open mind.. they may be bored with the camaro...but it will never live up to the mustangs ability to instill the fear of getting stuck or having catastrophic failure. just sayin
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #60
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
Everyone is in Ford kiss butt mode right now. The 2012+ Mustang does have some features that GM should have made available on the 5th gen Camaro. GM has added a few as accessories like the footwell & cup holder lighting, and the My link radio. But the Mustang does have lighting that you can change to different colors, and the light up door sill Mustang logo. These are things that GM should be marked with a big fail on. The Camaro is meant to be a fun sporty car, but GM has given it just too many basics and not enough tech advances. Worse off is the fact that Ford can wrap all of that into about a $36k package, yet GM's Camaro equivalent would push probably $42k for the same. I love the 5th gen Camaro but I think these little things GM is really lagging on that would make the Camaro that much more amazing of a car.
Eh. Stabilitrack, rear view mirror backup camera, heads up display, now the mylink, nice ambient lighting...this car has nice performance and cosmetic features. Not to say I don't agree with you, I do like the Mustang interior lighting and the logo.

Everyone has their opinion on this but Camaro Exterior > Mustang Exterior, so I think it evens out quite quickly.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #61
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Didn't mean it as negative. But I am on lots of car forums and there seems to be more insecurity, chest thumping and putting down of other brands here than in most of the others. I'm am by current association, a Mustang guy, but I can praise a Subaru, Dodge, or Chevy if it's deserving without feeling somehow that it makes my current driver less valid. By the same token, I don't need to defend my brand of choice at every turn. And finally, I am not saying all Camaro fans are insecure, perhaps just that insecure types are drawn to the Camaro? Overcompensation perhaps?
Never understood why someone who only owns Mustangs and thinks there is a lot of insecurity here would have over 1,000+ posts on a Camaro forum?
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #62
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
That's because Mustangs and Dodges suck...

And so does Consumer Reports
Old 05-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #63
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
I have driven all 3 of the current American muscle cars. My knees and head only fit in the Camaro. In the Mustang I am cramped. Dodge doesn't have a vert.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #64
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
Never understood why someone who only owns Mustangs and thinks there is a lot of insecurity here would have over 1,000+ posts on a Camaro forum?
brother. Thats all I gots to say.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #65
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Overall I think the Mustang is a pretty decent car, my problem is that they are everywhere. You can't drive a mile without seeing half a dozen Mustangs.

In my town I might only see three or four Camaros a week.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #66
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Yeah we need little bowties shining from our rear view mirrors at night or the cars not complete

What a cheap gimic on the Stang
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #67
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
I know it's not most people's taste on here, but I have an antique Lincoln. 35 years ago CR bashed it with such untrue BS I had to wonder if they ever even drove one. They predicted that the new 1979 Eldorado would massively outsell it. The Mark V outsold it by 3-1. They also predicted that when it downsized in 1980, it would be so much better, and would regain the sales lead. Eldo Sales went up, Lincoln sales dropped massively, and the Eldo outsold the downsized Mark by 3-1. Mark sales never recovered.

CR writes glowing reviews for Toyota constantly. They ram into walls, and are in the auto section for recalls almost every week. I hardly ever see Chevy in there for recalls.

Their most idiotic review that I read was of an early 2000's Pontiac Grand Prix. They continually bashed the 2 door they were testing for not being a 4 door. Since 95% of the cars being sold at that time only came as 4 doors, I would think someone looking at a 2 door GP wanted a 2 door, not a 4 door. Even better, the GP was also available as a 4 door. So you actually had a choice, unlike 95% of cars, and they bash it for that??

Now they claim the Camaro is less fun to drive. Yeah, I'm going to take that real seriously.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #68
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Overall I think the Mustang is a pretty decent car, my problem is that they are everywhere. You can't drive a mile without seeing half a dozen Mustangs.

In my town I might only see three or four Camaros a week.
that and about 60% of the people I see driving them are women. I think it's turning into a chic car. seems most men are opting for camaro's, chargers, and challengers.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #69
11VicConSSMan

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I don't care what any publication says about the car that "I ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF OWNING, AND DRIVING"....
11VicConSSMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #70
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
As a long time subscriber to CR as well as Motor Trend, I can agree that CR's car reviews have historically been from the perspective of looking at the car like an appliance, and not discussing the value of the "fun factor" or "permagrin" that driving certain cars provides.

They have tried to include more of this in recent years, but they still fall short.

That said, many of their criticisms of the Camaro are the same ones I read in Motor Trend: heavy chassis, poor visibility, understeer (pre 1LE), ergonomic issues (some addressed with the 2012 interior refresh), etc.

Does that make it less fun to drive? Well I haven't driven its competitors back-to-back, so I can't say how it compares to them. Maybe it's fun to drive, but not as fun as those others, I don't know.

I just know I sure enjoy it, even if it's not "as fun" as the others.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote