Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #43
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I would take the philosophical position that there is no such thing as "the most beautiful car in the world." Case in point (ladies, please pardon my one- sided analogy here), but there is no such thing as "the most beautiful woman in the world." Many are beautiful, in different ways... and there are countless numbers of them at the very top of the apex of the upper echelon of stunning beauty.

And, same with cars... so many utterly gorgeous cars out there. And, indeed, the Camaro is one of them.... at the top, in my book. There are other cars at the top, too, but cars with DIFFERENT looks, those that are built with different dimensions and features and details... but I do love lookin' at some Camaro.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I would take the philosophical position that there is no such thing as "the most beautiful car in the world." Case in point (ladies, please pardon my one- sided analogy here), but there is no such thing as "the most beautiful woman in the world." Many are beautiful, in different ways... and there are countless numbers of them at the very top of the apex of the upper echelon of stunning beauty.

And, same with cars... so many utterly gorgeous cars out there. And, indeed, the Camaro is one of them.... at the top, in my book. There are other cars at the top, too, but cars with DIFFERENT looks, those that are built with different dimensions and features and details... but I do love lookin' at some Camaro.
You will never get a total agreement on anyththing that is subjective. As the old saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." We see it in threads here every day when people are asked to give their opinion on how something looks.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #45
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3

I would definitely argue that the gen 5 is up there among at the very least the top muscle car designs of all time, with the 68 charger being the quintessential muscle car of all time IMO.

or the 70 Chevelle.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #46
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
While I like my ZL1, It wouldn't even make my top 50 in best looking ever. If I thought long enough probably not even my top 100.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #47
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
I would definitely argue that the gen 5 is up there among at the very least the top muscle car designs of all time, with the 68 charger being the quintessential muscle car of all time IMO.

or the 70 Chevelle.

Boy, you and I have the same exact tastes in cars! I was going to mention the 68-69 Charger in my post. Next to the the 5th Gen and 1969 Camaro, I think the design of the Charger is about the coolest car ever made. I love the Chevelle too, but the problem is, I owned one, so I know how bad they handle...lol..
Old 06-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #48
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I agree that everyone will have a different opinion about beautiful cars just like women. I think exotic Italian and European cars are cool and I would have some if I was uber rich. American muscle cars have always been the most desirable to me, especially Chevrolets. 69 Camaro, 70 Chevelle, 63, 67-69 Corvette. Also vintage 60's mopars. Fords never did much for me.

When the fifth gen concept came out it brought out those same feelings of lust that those old cars did for me. I'm in my fifties, so I am too young to have had those other classics first hand. The fifth gen was the first car in my adult life that compared to those classics in desirability and style and performance. I bought one without even seeing a factory brochure, let alone seeing or driving one. It is a modern classic even though it will never be worth what the 60's and 70's classics are now.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #49
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
My personal favorite ever (taking into account the model year and the competition), 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk - 289 c.i. with factory McCulloch supercharger - fastest American made car produced that year. Yes... faster than Vettes, faster than Chrysler 300s, faster than Mercury Turnpike Cruiser, etc., etc. A piece of art with a heart of stone. But I digress...

Attachment 723337

Attachment 723338
My first car was a 1962 Studebaker Lark Daytona with the 289 V8, but no supercharger. That butt ugly car would beat the 327 Corvettes of that era. I still can see the look on the face of that 65 Vette driver as I blew by him--priceless!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:33 AM   #50
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
The 5th gen is classy with aesthetically great lines taken from the 1967-69 Camaros, which, still look great. My best friends with the Corvette and the 458, along with a couple other friends with a Viper and a Gallardo all think the SS and ZL1 Camaros are great looking cars and handle great for there size and weight. I think the 911 is the greatest speed form in automotive history and is the best drivers sports car. I have driven many of the exotics and I would take a 911 Turbo S over them. Plus it has a back seat for my son.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #51
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I will never be able to afford one, but to me, the Most Beautiful car of all time is a Lamborghini Muira!

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #52
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I will never be able to afford one, but to me, the Most Beautiful car of all time is a Lamborghini Muira!

That one is in my top 50 for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #53
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

My good friend with the 458, his friend owns two mint ones. When he goes cruising with us he usually just brings his Diablo Alpine edition. The Miura is considered the first exotic supercar.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #54
CamAnon

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
To me, the best looking car ever made is a Ford GT40, circa '68 or so, closely followed by a Shelby Cobra from the same era. ....
I was reading along, planning on posting the same sentiment.

CamAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #55
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirocket674 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love my SS and always look back at her when parked but I would say this is at the top of my list!
Agreed Mclaren P1
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #56
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Sorry you guys are wrong. May have been said already but it's gotta the the 427 Shelby Cobra.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote