Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #29
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Took a dent on my rear bumper 2 months after I got my current truck. It's metallic paint and they painted a new bumper for me. Matches perfect, even in the sunlight. You should be a okay.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
Hey PQ.....

The exact same thing has happened to my trunk/spoiler, in exactly the same spot!!! I only noticed it last week myself, and haven't taken it to the dealer yet. My car is black, my spoiler was loose (more loose on the passenger side than the driver), so I figured it had to do with the spoiler too...

Damn, guess it is not completely isolated. I just don't know if the dealer is going to give me a rental so it can be fixed. Did they tell you how long it would take? I sure never noticed it until all of the sudden, the spoiler kind of hid it I guess. My husband thought it was sticky paper stuff too, and I said no, if you run your nail against it, it is raised when you get to the paint. It is definitely paint chipped off...

Bummer for both of us!!!
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #31
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
With clear coat paint this car could easily be blended. I would leave the factory paint on the deck lid and spoiler and have them paint just the rear trunk.
This way the qtrs will be an exact factory match to the deck lid with original paint.
Had my SSE tops of the fender paint crack and all the dealer did was sand the tops and base coat the top only then clear the whole fender. No way to tell anything was done.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
ugh poor PQ I feel bad. At least they'll fix him up for you.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #33
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
my guy said there's very little paint on these cars.

Good luck either way.
i am becoming painful aware of that fact on my own especially around the corners of the doors its seems to be almost nonexsistant
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #34
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Better off with matching black than us guys who have IOM, IBM, RJM, CGM...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #35
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Man...that's crazy. Wonder what happened to cause that? And perhaps more importantly, what happened to your hair??

Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #36
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I see yours is Red?

Did the dealer do the work and do you know if they used factory paint?
yes the dealer did the work with factory paint, I saw no color variation between the plastic bumper and the metal fenders

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #37
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I see yours is Red?

Did the dealer do the work and do you know if they used factory paint?
interesting thing though, the metal plate under the trunk mat that list information for the car is MISSING the paint code, the guys at the dealership said "figures"

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #38
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
Man...that's crazy. Wonder what happened to cause that? And perhaps more importantly, what happened to your hair??
Kinda looks like that dude from a Flock of Seagulls.

"And I raaaan...I ran so far awaaaaaay..."
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #39
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I have a fear that my black 2SS is having the same issue. The reall problem is, I have the rally stripes installed. So if they have to repaint the whole deck lid, they'll have to install a new set of stripes too, which is a whole other can of worms...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #40
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
When we pulled my spoiler for stripes it had a small spot that had worn through. You couldn't see it with the spoiler on so it just got covered with clear and we put a little extra foam tape under the spoiler when we reinstalled it. Loctite on the nuts of course
Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #41
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Kinda looks like that dude from a Flock of Seagulls.

"And I raaaan...I ran so far awaaaaaay..."

It's just the concave reflection.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #42
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Will expand a little on repaints and warranty work.

If GM warrantys a repaint on an entire panel, the clock is reset. So, say if your entire car delaminates at 98,000 miles and GM warrantys the repaint, the clock is reset for the paint. May not necessarily be another 100k, but the warranty work will definately NOT expire 2000 miles after the repaint. Food for thought when you or anyone goes for paint.

Make absolutely sure whomever writes up the paperwork tells you what the warranty will be from that day. If you had the car for 6 months and they only repaint the trunklid, you should have 5 years from that date and the remaining car 4y6m. If you have a metallic trunklid and GM blends the quarters in, the entire blended area is reset to 5 yr warranty.

There are some exceptions...If you have 2 years left, they may extend your warranty another 3 years, but not another full 5.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote