Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #57
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
I agree I'll take ease of operation over a tcm tune that I need a laptop for.
Our TCM calibration is optimized for best performance right out of the box. There is no reason to change anything.

You only need a laptop one time to install it. With over 900 A6 tunes out there we kinda have this nailed.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #58
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm not saying you didn't nail it. I said I chose ease of operation over a TCM tune. And I highly doubt you'll never have to use a laptop again. I'm not a tuner but I've gone into mine at least 6 times since I installed it. And all for good reasons. So if you could guarantee your customers that they would get the most optimal HP out of your tune then that's great. But to say it's a one time hookup and then never again will you want to get into it.....,well I hghly doubt it.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #59
squatin0n18s

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
I'm not saying you didn't nail it. I said I chose ease of operation over a TCM tune. And I highly doubt you'll never have to use a laptop again. I'm not a tuner but I've gone into mine at least 6 times since I installed it. And all for good reasons. So if you could guarantee your customers that they would get the most optimal HP out of your tune then that's great. But to say it's a one time hookup and then never again will you want to get into it.....,well I hghly doubt it.

i have to agree.....either way i'd still want go in and mess around with the parameters, if just to see how it reacts..(not major stuff)..i do it with my truck all the time
squatin0n18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:00 AM   #60
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatin0n18s View Post
i have to agree.....either way i'd still want go in and mess around with the parameters, if just to see how it reacts..(not major stuff)..i do it with my truck all the time
not me ... I'll surely have it *ucked up... I'll leave that to the pros. To each his own.
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #61
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
VMS Options?

When purchasing the Vector tune will they customize it to your needs? For example, for the AFM, can it be on in "D" and off in "M", or only on in 5th and 6th gear? Or can the shift firmness be normal in "D" and firm in "M"?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #62
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
not me ... I'll surely have it *ucked up... I'll leave that to the pros. To each his own.
I am working with a pro. But you still have to get into the program to load the info. Especially when your in one place and he's in another.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #63
hotty toddy
Hellll yes! Damnnn right!

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
Kirk, do you have a ballpark ETA on a tune for the V6?
hotty toddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #64
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
We send out a Stage 1 & 2 TCM calibration to everyone. We can fine tune either one if needed. We have the ability to adjust shift times, torque management & shift pressure by gear and shift mode. I do not see that in a handheld. We also have calibrations for most every CAI or header out there. Every one of them had a different MAF & PE calibration.
Our customers rarely need to change the calibration, but if they do we have a full function scanner included with the software.

On a different note, I agree, there is no Black Sabbath without Ozzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
When purchasing the Vector tune will they customize it to your needs? For example, for the AFM, can it be on in "D" and off in "M", or only on in 5th and 6th gear? Or can the shift firmness be normal in "D" and firm in "M"?
Yes, we can remove AFM by gear. We can also adjust shift feel and torque management by shift mode.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #65
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Well Tom I guess we will have to settle this one on the track! Your Diablo against my Vector and my wife driving! See you there!!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote