Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
RedEagle

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6, '07 Trailblazer
Send a message via Yahoo to RedEagle
Any issues with just lowering the front?

I was just curious if there is any reason (other than personal preference) why someone couldn't lower only the front of the Camaro. Anyone see an issue with this?

I am sure I will get some responses about why would I do that but I like the look, but need to make sure there aren't any technical issues before doing it.

I have researched all the threads on lowering but haven't seen anything in reference to just doing the front. I am aware of the necessary allignment requirements once you lower.

Here is a bad pic of what I am wanting to do.

Name:  camaro lowered front.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  15.6 KB

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, M6, Black on Black, White Stripes, Sunroof, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, WeatherTech Mats, Body Molded Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator -- VIN 60162

Last edited by RedEagle; 02-21-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Photo Inserted
RedEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
ELDuran

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro (Rally Yellow)
Link not working for me. I'd like to see it. I'm curious.

ELDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
RedEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
I was just curious if there is any reason (other than personal preference) why someone couldn't lower only the front of the Camaro. Anyone see an issue with this?

I am sure I will get some responses about why would I do that but I like the look, but need to make sure there aren't any technical issues before doing it.

I have researched all the threads on lowering but haven't seen anything in reference to just doing the front. I am aware of the necessary allignment requirements once you lower.

Here is a bad pic of what I am wanting to do.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=17702
Name:  camaro lowered front.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  15.6 KB

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, M6, Black on Black, White Stripes, Sunroof, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, WeatherTech Mats, Body Molded Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator -- VIN 60162

Old 02-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
to me i think the rear end needs to lowerd abt half and inch it doesnt seem to be level compared the front but as for just the front end ive never heard of that....
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
RedEagle

I know the pic isn't the best, but with my limited skills that what I have for now. I think just lowering the front gives it a more aggressive muscle look that lowering completely.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Domic

Drives: '11 Chevy crew cab. '14 black 1LE
reminds me of the old days air shocks look, which was trying to mimic the drag race cars. I'm thinking it will make the car handle poorly and possibly make it unsafe at speeds on corners if you were to lift off the throttle, but I may be over thinking the effect it could have. I'm always interested in making a car handle better, so I go the other way.
Domic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post

How is the parking wherever you're from? If you're just manage to clear curbs, sidewalks, whatever when it comes to parking that might be an issue if the ass-end of the car is hanging out.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domic View Post
reminds me of the old days air shocks look, which was trying to mimic the drag race cars. I'm thinking it will make the car handle poorly and possibly make it unsafe at speeds on corners if you were to lift off the throttle, but I may be over thinking the effect it could have. I'm always interested in making a car handle better, so I go the other way.

Back in the day I had a 73 Camaro with adjustable air shocks and wide tires out back. When I really wanted to look real cool, I'd raise the back end really high. I looked cool, but the ride quaility and handling sucked. The main reason I did it was to fit the wider rear tires outback without rubbing issues.
Those were the days.

With the 2010 Camaro I'm with you. I don't want to do anything to the car that going to negatively affect its handling. I want to do the opposite.

To the OP
I'd talk with one of the drop spring vendors to get their opinion on just dropping the front. It could cause some handling issues.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I love that stance.

Got airshocks in both of the other cars.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
RedEagle

Thanks for the input!

All,

Thanks for the input. I haven't read anything anywhere about just dropping the front but wanted to get some opinions on it. As some of you stated there may be possible handling issues with just doing the front. I will check with some of the vendors to see what they think.