Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #15
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Welcome back to Virginia in advance of your return. Every place has it's ups and downs. Most law enforcement problems are issues that people bring on themselves. I love Virginia. If you relocate to N. Virginia traffic is an issue however in my location it's a minor issue compared to Fairfax, Prince William and other areas closer to DC.
Yeah thats true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Oh sheesh. Bring it upon themselves.......tha t's a load. VA has more downs....at least this area then it has ups. In fact I dont know of anything that's good about this area.
Hey Im a good product of this area!!! ....Im nice!!! LMAO!!!!! But I grew in Hampton Roads
Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
VA personal property taxes sux... if I end up getting out, hub and I briefly discussed moving down across to the Moyock area where things are a little cheaper but still within a stones throw of vabeach.
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Oh sheesh. Bring it upon themselves.......tha t's a load. VA has more downs....at least this area then it has ups. In fact I dont know of anything that's good about this area.
Oh, I don't know about that......The blue ridge mountains sure are beautiful. Skyline drive is pretty awesome. Ever seen the Shenendoah Valley? That's god's country right there.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #18
Boxer4PSI

Drives: 2010 "Bumblebee" Camaro 2SS
When you move back, you should keep in mind the job market where you are moving to. I can't accurately speak for Charlottesville or Richmond. However, I've been led to believe that if you want to find a job in a timely fashion, chances are you will find yourself either going to Hampton Roads or Northern VA. I don't know what you did in the military, but chances are that you may be able to find a Government Contracting position in either Hampton Roads or Northern VA that allows you to capitalize on the military experience that you have obtained thus far.
Boxer4PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI View Post
When you move back, you should keep in mind the job market where you are moving to. I can't accurately speak for Charlottesville or Richmond. However, I've been led to believe that if you want to find a job in a timely fashion, chances are you will find yourself either going to Hampton Roads or Northern VA. I don't know what you did in the military, but chances are that you may be able to find a Government Contracting position in either Hampton Roads or Northern VA that allows you to capitalize on the military experience that you have obtained thus far.
And therein lies the beauty of my current employer! I work for a company called Insitu. They manufacture a small UAV called Scan Eagle. I'm a certified Scan Eagle operator with almost 800 combat flight hours in Afghanistan. So the great thing is, that I can live wherever I want. I deploy overseas for 4-6 months at a time, and get 3-4 months off. It's a sweet deal.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
monstertodd

False alarm, I'm not moving back to VA. Changed my mind. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #21
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
I know it's cause we scared you off. Your welcome.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #22
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
I know it's cause we scared you off. Your welcome.
Ha ha ha, no. Don't flatter yourself.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #23
thesnoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
False alarm, I'm not moving back to VA. Changed my mind. Thanks for the advice though.
You might have made a very good choice LOL .... but if you change ya mind (again) we will be here
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #24
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
one good thing about the area is job availability for most prior service folk...can't touch it in any other area. some think being close to a military installation is close, but this whole place is a gov't/military installation close to DC. But that brings the traffic and population issues. I'm ready to move to CO in the hills....10' of snow, bring that ish on!

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
thesnoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
one good thing about the area is job availability for most prior service folk...can't touch it in any other area. some think being close to a military installation is close, but this whole place is a gov't/military installation close to DC. But that brings the traffic and population issues. I'm ready to move to CO in the hills....10' of snow, bring that ish on!
I lived in Denver area for 4 years when I was stationed there.... yes it has beautiful scenery but talk about snow ugh!!! ...I'll Pass!!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #26
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
LOVE CO! Most people can actually drive there too, even when it's snowing!
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
thesnoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
LOVE CO! Most people can actually drive there too, even when it's snowing!
I agree, when it snows, they continue to march, and I did like it there. If a flake fall here....everything shuts down ...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #28
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
LMAO..... Did they tell you TRAFFIC SUCKS! I can't breath and I'm reading old posts...... Hampton Roads traffic is so-so, just have to know the back roads (right Snoopster?)