Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
GARCMOL's Snoopster

Hello all,

This thread is being started for the great and wonderful Garcmol and his Silver "Modified" Fox.

So here you go Norm........... Post away.

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 07-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
We'll never finish modding!!! Neighbors always see my car like this;

Fest III

If you made it this far, for real mods to this car

Stealth Bulbs http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...ALTHBULBS.aspx

RK Sport Ram Air Hood w/Heat extractors (saw Mindz' hood and fell in love...with the hood)
Vented Fenders (Gary's Customs)
Painted stripes (Gary's Customs got it right!)
Injen long tube CAI (autoanything.com

SIM painted taillight bezels
OEM spoiler (thanks Chris)

AAC blue dome and trunk light
AAC SIM/tinted sidemarkers
AAC dual RGB colorshift scanners behind bumper
"Thin Blue Line" Bowties

AAC Afterburners
AAC license plate LEDs
Honor and Valor Badged (Thanks John!)
"the cooler"

AAC blue LEDs in vented fenders

Pedders Pace Car Package
(start)

20" Midnight Silver OEM wheels (mod cause I did it much later, from forum member longgun)
Lloyd floormats (camarocollection.com
Signed by the FBodfather (FBody Gathering XV, 2011)

I bought a second set of wheel/tires (18"s) from a forum member (thanks Demon Hunter!) and painted them to match the stripes. Still have those and the original wheels.

Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Back Jesserayjames
Flowmaster powder coated exhaust tips Chozn4service

We all start somewhere. Vinyl over Bowtie and Stealth bulbs. Day #2

First go around with paint

Typically the only SIM in the crowd

Maria wouldn't ride with me across this bridge!

First trip to Gary's Custom in August 2010. RK Sport Ram air hood w/extractors and vented fenders.

ZL1 side skirts

ZL1 front fascia

Spoiler from THR #22 (Thanks Chris!)

When I thought I was done. Car on the way to Gary's and my trusty Colorado.

Pedders Pace Car package

The radius inserts are the best improvement I think. The steering becomes more solid

My awesome cooler! Thanks John.

Dual AAC RGB scanners behind bumper

Hanging out in Eufala, AL with Emerald Coast Camaros. A great bunch of folks!

SIM buddies

Last edited by garcmol; 10-19-2012 at 08:10 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
How's that????? lmao
Well that did work great for mine......... but as they always say in the wonderful world of forums.........

Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Of course I am now SUBSCRIBED. You have a lot of posting and pictures to do NORM.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
garcmol

Okay, my story.....

Was going to order this car in May '09. However, I had just taken this job and the powers to be decided I needed to attend the DA Police Academy. Hmmmmm, 20 years as Military Police and worked patrol, customs enforcement, investigations, protective services, patrol sup, duty officer, conducted law seminars, taught use/levels of force, level III combative trained, yadi yadi yadi......

So, after some discussion, it was decided to wait until I return in August. Fast forward to August 11, 2009. Got home from Missouri. Academy was in Missouri. I'm in the dealer's showroom with my favorite dealer and tell him what I want. 1LT with C & C package, non-RS SIM. Thousand bucks on the desk and he does up my order.....the wait begins.

I learn of Camaro 5, and a new world opens up! Dang, lots of folks have their cars already. I haven't seen a single one around here! Had to drive about 45 minutes to look at one. We went to a dealership in Lagrange, GA and sat in an SS that was already purchased by a customer. NO JOHN, I DID NOT DRIVE IT OR RIDE IN IT, lol. Matter or fact, I told the dealer not to even start the car! Didn't want anything to do with an SS cause I knew I would regret not ordering one.

I learn of build codes; 1100, and so then learned what 3800 meant. Finally hit that and then learned of following your train car all the way to the truck.

Anywho, come November 3rd, 2009, my dealer calls me and says, "Well, it came in early." Holy $hit! My heart stops! He sends me a picture to rub it in;

Now I can't sleep! He attached a quick video of them unloading it too. So, I'm at home watching MY CAR drive off the truck over and over and over and....... you get the idea.

Morning of the 4th, I'm riding with a buddy to get the car and forget that they're on central time. Crap, so I'm an hour early and my car is no where in sight. Wait, service is open. Maybe they know where it is????? Now, I've bought several Chevy's at this dealership so they all know me. All I get is grins and "We don't know what your talking about." Okay, I'll play your game, lol.

Dealership opens and I get my car!

I was concerned because half way through August the C & C package and frieght both went up in price. C & C also received the much discussed back up sensors too. However, dealer didn't charge me a penny more, nor did I have to pay any silly mark up that was going on then too.

1st mod:

Those bowties didn't stand a chance, plus I put in the stealth turn signal bulbs (all silver). I had these at home before the car even came in.

More to come;
Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Of course I am now SUBSCRIBED. You have a lot of posting and pictures to do NORM.
No kidding
Old 07-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
hardestysa
Creator/Bad Vibe & ZBLUES

Drives: 2013 ZL1
yeah...someone is WAY Behind on pics. Im not saying I like to see pics of people MODS..but I do... I really do.
hardestysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #9
garcmol

I got floor mats for Christmas '09 (cell phone pic)

Then I hijacked Snoop's sig

Winter

Then I wanted stripes and I don't know crap about painting or painters. Let's just say I was baptized by fire.

Now, I was assured that this is normal. I pleaded with the painter to remove the hood, trunk and fascia to do this. I should have run like hell! This was the worst paint job ever. Full of trash and fisheyes. It looked good for a hot minute, but by the fest the paint was pealing in sheets!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
garcmol

C5 Fest! This was my first "car event", and what a home run. A former moderator asked for help so I ran the sign up thread and hotel stuff. It was fun and got to know a lot of folks.

Sean had fun

So did Maria and we loved the Drag VW

the Snoopster in the far lane

Got Hangover??? lol, Tasha, Snoop, Me, Maria, Sean
Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
garcmol

Injen goes in

Then after months of dealing with the original painter, I call Gary's Customs and we talk about........car stuff. The following week I take it down for new stripes on a new RK Sport hood! I also get the vented fenders.

Now after this picture, I decided this thing needed lowered!

the build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=garcmol+build
Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
garcmol

Pfadt ~ ed

Fbody Gathering G 15
Hey look, John's under an Auburn tent! ACE5 welcomed us to their group!
Doing what we do, when we do it, and we were doing it, right there. See? Where doing it
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
garcmol

My dyno slip, Pretty cool. Almost where I want to be.

And I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale too!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
garcmol

When John and I fixed Randy's car: