Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: What package should I get
Package 1 11 40.74%
Package 2 3 11.11%
Package 3 1 3.70%
Package 4 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #1093
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Man that bumper is looking sick man. I might just have to get mine put on too bad its snowing here now, ugh. lol
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #1094
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Thanks guys. The bumper really changes the look of the car. Vanquisher, just make sure you're ready to pay for the installation costs. They'll suprise you.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #1095
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
any more pics of your calipers ! i come back to this thread from time to time to see an update love the color combo.
also, are your ACC sidemarkeers black? or IBM i cant tell.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #1096
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Rush your car and the black on blue real is the inspiration for my blue entity car build you should check it out your car looks wow

Hey minds thanks for responding to my wheel thread check out my build man idk if you have or not but I have a new one up I don't remember if I already said something or not but yeh this car is basically why I have the blue black combo

Lol I didn't read before I sent that looks like I already posted by bad man haha
Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #1097
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Sorry I haven't been posting pics recently mgaspari. Been moving into my new house. Pics of that coming soon to the off topic section, but I will be cleaning up the car and taking some new pics soon. I'll pm you when I get them uploaded.

IBM Camaro, I appreciate the flattery. =) I posted a little while ago in your build thread. When I responded to the wheel thread, I thought that was the build thread. I found the actual build thread and read it start to finish. Love your car, and hopefully I get to see it in person at the fest.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #1098
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So what's the news on the car?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #1099
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #1100
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
find myself coming back tothis thread all the time to get ideas, favorite looking IBM camaro ( besides mine of course )Post more pics of those calipers
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #1101
camaroRND2

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS 6sp.
I have looked at this build about a billion times and figured I'd stop being a peeping tom and actually say something. IBM getting represented amazingly with ur car man.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #1102
mgaspari

Mindz your car has played a huge role in the modding of my car, i wouldve never done black wheels if it wasn't for you. take a look at my build journal when you get a chance
My next mod is to get orange calipers like you, not sure if im going to get brembos or just powdercoat them orange.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #1103
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
His car is hibernating is all I can say atm.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1104
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Spark plug had ZERO gap , and after replacing it, the CEL code disappeared, but the ticking noise is still around. It doesn't sound anything like rod knock, but after putting a borescope into the spark plug hole, there is definitely damage to the piston head. I have yet to pull the heads to figure out if the side of the cylinder is scored/damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
find myself coming back tothis thread all the time to get ideas, favorite looking IBM camaro ( besides mine of course )Post more pics of those calipers
When my car is back up and running, I might, or I may transfer the calipers. see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroRND2 View Post
I have looked at this build about a billion times and figured I'd stop being a peeping tom and actually say something. IBM getting represented amazingly with ur car man.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
Mindz your car has played a huge role in the modding of my car, i wouldve never done black wheels if it wasn't for you. take a look at my build journal when you get a chance
My next mod is to get orange calipers like you, not sure if im going to get brembos or just powdercoat them orange.
I will check it out in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
His car is hibernating is all I can say atm.
Yeah Yeah, Your car is driveable, that's all I can say.

Well folks, it appears that I am going to need to do at the very least a shortblock rebuild. The engine starts up and runs, but the ticking noise is disconcerning and I am not going to drive it, or start it up until I'm able to pull the heads. I don't have 6k lying around so I can't afford to have the car towed to a shop to open it up for me, and my stepfather is going to help me pull the engine to open her up come July. That's quite a ways away so I have made the decision to either sell my car or trade it in and snatch up a Z28. It's been a very hard decision to make, but I feel that it's time to move forward. I'm not a fan of the hood and front bumper, but those are easily changed to the 2010 I hope. If you know anyone interested in purchasing Blue Rush as is, please direct them my way. Now's your chance to own a car that's appeared on the cover of a magazine!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #1105
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Spark plug had ZERO gap , and after replacing it, the CEL code disappeared, but the ticking noise is still around. It doesn't sound anything like rod knock, but after putting a borescope into the spark plug hole, there is definitely damage to the piston head. I have yet to pull the heads to figure out if the side of the cylinder is scored/damaged.

When my car is back up and running, I might, or I may transfer the calipers. see below.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I will check it out in a few minutes.

Yeah Yeah, Your car is driveable, that's all I can say.

Well folks, it appears that I am going to need to do at the very least a shortblock rebuild. The engine starts up and runs, but the ticking noise is disconcerning and I am not going to drive it, or start it up until I'm able to pull the heads. I don't have 6k lying around so I can't afford to have the car towed to a shop to open it up for me, and my stepfather is going to help me pull the engine to open her up come July. That's quite a ways away so I have made the decision to either sell my car or trade it in and snatch up a Z28. It's been a very hard decision to make, but I feel that it's time to move forward. I'm not a fan of the hood and front bumper, but those are easily changed to the 2010 I hope. If you know anyone interested in purchasing Blue Rush as is, please direct them my way. Now's your chance to own a car that's appeared on the cover of a magazine!
I'll pay $10k since the motor sounds Fu@kd!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #1106
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Sorry to read about your engine trouble.

Closed Thread

Tags
22's, 5th gen, aac, blown, blu808, blue rush, boss, build thread, camaro, camaro5, carbon fiber, fbodfather, flowmaster, hushpower, mindz, monoblock, pedders, procharger, rideskinz, stainless works