Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Smooth and Cool

Drives: 2011 Camaro Lt Bumble Bee
Help? Catback or???

I've got two questions...I just need another set of eye(s) on my project. I've bought flowmasters American Thunder 817483 axle back which comes with scavenger pipe.
Haven't received the flowmasters yet.

Here's my 1st question: I've instructed my shop to remove my factory mufflers...install and weld. I've also instructed them to use the scavenger pipe that came with flowmasters and weld. Would using flowmasters scavenger pipe be any beneficial or just a waste of time and money?

I've instructed the shop to remove my resonators and replace with pipe.

The million dollar 2nd question: does ^^ becomes a catback setup??

If using flowmasters scavenger pipe is a waste, is it possible the shop can use flowmasters scavenger pipe to cut up (what they can) and use it to make pipes in place of resonators? Vice versa with stock pipes on the car?

Hope this don't sound mind boggling....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chevy Camaro all the way!!
Smooth and Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I guess technically if it connects to your cats then yes it is a catback. I have MRT v2 axle back welded to a LS3 midpipe that connects to my cats so I guess that is considered a catback too...but honestly I have no idea it is just a guess