Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #253
oramac0002

Drives: 2000 Camaro
The cyber gray looks great and I will actually watch the race to see the camaro going around.
oramac0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #254
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Nice pics, but please tell me someone had a video camera or a microphone! I'm dying to hear that LS3 let loose!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #255
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Nice pics, but please tell me someone had a video camera or a microphone! I'm dying to hear that LS3 let loose!
Here you go!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=milford

Not the final sound but still interesting This was well before even the PReproduction cars were built. So don't get too sad if you don't like the sound...
Old 02-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #256
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Not production so the sound is definitely different.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #257
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
What's the cheapest way to go look at the cars? I don't feel like payin $50 to go to a rae when I don't care a bit about the races.
There is free parking on the grounds. Access to the grounds is also free. That means all manufacturer displays are free. And GM is giving away T-shirts. See pics below.

The GM display is HUGE. There were 4 Camaro's: The Pace Car, Jr's SEMA, The Black SS and the Silver LT/RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Dude...you have no idea how jealous I am! You lucky, lucky SOB!!!

Man, I'm so happy for you all!!!

gtahvit, Chris, is otw there right now and might be showing up. You guys will have to look out for him. I'm sure he's going to be the guy drooling all over the pace car refusing to get out of the way for everyone else's pictures!
It was tough cus I had the super stroller with both kids, by myself. A bit of a challenge for me handling a 4 month old and a 2 year old. But the kids did great and the Ladies standing by the cars were more than willing to help entertain the kids while I took pictures. There was easily 10 - 15 different cars at the Chevy display, like I said, 4 of them were Camaros. Unfortunately none that you could sit in. I asked if Scott S. was gonna be there but no one knew when he'd be around. I may try to go back by if he tells us when he's gonna be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
$50??? LOL If you have tickets to DAYTONA and only Paid that.. I'll Give You $60 for them.. Cus I Cant find DECENT SEATS for Less than $450 Ea.....
Like I said getting on the grounds to see the camaro is free. it's only 30 dollars and you get full access to the entire track, Fan Zone and everything. The only bad this was they don't let stroller in to the track so I didn't go in.

But if you are in the area and just need something to do for an hour or so. It's definitely worth just walking around the grounds.

First's things first. Ford's display, never saw it. Toyota's display about half the size of Chevy's and nearly empty. There were only a couple people in there and I over heard one say to the other, "Why in the hell did they bring a Prius here?"

I couldn't help but laugh...

And yes, It's true. Pictures don't do this car any justice what so ever.

I honestly couldn't spend the time I wanted drooling over the cars. But here are my impressions.

When you walk up to the GM display, the first car you see is the silver RS with that aggressive front stance and the beautiful halo's daring you to take one step closer... The proportions on the car are absolutely perfect IMO. The hood, the roof, trunk, wheels, tires, fenders, bumpers, grille, everything. It's elegant and Bad ass all at the same time. When I was able to just take a few minutes to just gaze at the black car, I kept thinking, how is it that GM is going to let us buy this car. To me it's like looking at the concept. I had to make myself acknowledge that it was there for real, and I'd have one soon enough... It really seems too good to be true when you see it in person.

The black car is the most beautiful black car I've ever seen. It made the black Z06 look like it's little brother. There are three or four black vehicles at the display. But, black paint was made for this car. If you are thinking about buying black, I'd say take the plunge. It's the perfect combination of everything this car is supposed to be.

Jr's car is beautiful. The CGM on white is really good looking. By far this car has the best interior... By Far. It truly looks like a show car. I'm still not a fan of the wheels, but overall the car is astounding.

Then there's the Pace Car. All I can say is OMG... It is the epitome of what the camaro is. If you took every thing that's been said about the camaro and put it in a car, this is what it would look like. It screams Don't F(&^# with me. Of the four I saw, the Pace car is my favorite. The colors appear to be CGM and the same yellow that is on Bumble Bee. But I can't verify that. It's just what it looks like to me.

Since I had both my kids, I couldn't really pour over the cars. But I'll probably go back sometime this week to spend some more time really looking at them.

But, for this being the first time I've seen one... It was so worth it. If there is one near you at a car show, you really should go see it. I've tried to communicate to you all what I saw but words and pics just can't say it. I kept thinking, "OK where's the real Camaros? Cus these cars can't be what GM's gonna let us have. They just aren't watered down enough."

So, my compliments to GM. Well done! I got to spend the day with my kids and I got to see the car. What a great afternoon!

Pics on the way...
Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #258
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
There is free parking on the grounds. Access to the grounds is also free. That means all manufacturer displays are free. And GM is giving away T-shirts. See pics below.

The GM display is HUGE. There were 4 Camaro's: The Pace Car, Jr's SEMA, The Black SS and the Silver LT/RS.

It was tough cus I had the super stroller with both kids, by myself. A bit of a challenge for me handling a 4 month old and a 2 year old. But the kids did great and the Ladies standing by the cars were more than willing to help entertain the kids while I took pictures. There was easily 10 - 15 different cars at the Chevy display, like I said, 4 of them were Camaros. Unfortunately none that you could sit in. I asked if Scott S. was gonna be there but no one knew when he'd be around. I may try to go back by if he tells us when he's gonna be there.

Like I said getting on the grounds to see the camaro is free. it's only 30 dollars and you get full access to the entire track, Fan Zone and everything. The only bad this was they don't let stroller in to the track so I didn't go in.

But if you are in the area and just need something to do for an hour or so. It's definitely worth just walking around the grounds.

First's things first. Ford's display, never saw it. Toyota's display about half the size of Chevy's and nearly empty. There were only a couple people in there and I over heard one say to the other, "Why in the hell did they bring a Prius here?"

I couldn't help but laugh...

And yes, It's true. Pictures don't do this car any justice what so ever.

I honestly couldn't spend the time I wanted drooling over the cars. But here are my impressions.

When you walk up to the GM display, the first car you see is the silver RS with that aggressive front stance and the beautiful halo's daring you to take one step closer... The proportions on the car are absolutely perfect IMO. The hood, the roof, truck, wheels, tires, fenders, bumpers, grille, everything. It's elegant and Bad ass all at the same time. When I was able to just take a few minutes to just gaze at the black car, I kept thinking, how is it that GM is going to let us buy this car. To me it's like looking at the concept. I had to make myself acknowledge that it was there for real, and I'd have one soon enough... It really seems too good to be true when you see it in person.

The black car is the most beautiful black car I've ever seen. It made the black Z06 look like it's little brother. There are three or four black vehicles at the display. But, black paint was made for this car. If you are thinking about buying black, I'd say take the plunge. It's the perfect combination of everything this car is supposed to be.

Jr's car is beautiful. The CGM on white is really good looking. By far this car has the best interior... By Far. It truly looks like a show car. I'm still not a fan of the wheels, but overall the car is astounding.

Then there's the Pace Car. All I can say I OMG... It is the epitome of what the camaro is. If you took every thing that's been said about the camaro and put it in a car, this is what it would look like. It screams Don't F(&^# with me. Of the four I saw, the Pace car is my favorite. The colors appear to be CGM and the same yellow that is on Bumble Bee. But I can't verify that. It's just what it looks like to me.

Since I had both my kids, I couldn't really pour over the cars. But I'll probably go back sometime this week to spend some more time really looking at them.

But, for this being the first time I've seen one... It was so worth it. If there is one near you at a car show, you really should go see it. I've tried to communicate to you all what I saw but words and pics just can't say it. I kept thinking, "OK where's the real Camaros? Cus these cars can't be what GM's gonna let us have. They just aren't watered down enough."

So, my compliments to GM. Well done! I got to spend the day with my kids and I got to see the car. What a great afternoon!

Pics on the way...
Glad to see you got there. I will be going back again wednesday, hell I almost called in yesterday because I did not want to leave. I am really impressed, and still can't get the whole experience out of my mind. Hope you post the pictures, can't seem to get enough of them! Also, I almost didn't even notice the vette, that is how good these camaros look. WOW! Thanks for the post.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #259
timmy

Drives: 1968 Camaro Convertible
Please...
I like the yellow and I like the Cyber Gray, But seriously...that car is not that attractive. Like everybody else I have been waiting for Cyber Gray, but you can't tell what the car or color is going to look like with this paint scheme. The new Camaro needs the lines along the rocker panel and they are completely lost on this pace car. I love the Camaro, but not this car. Give me one color so I can see the car as it was intended by the designers. Still waiting for a Cyber Gray Camaro.
timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #260
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Please if you are deciding by the pcitures, don't. You just have to see in person, there is nothing dull about this color, it really stands out in person. The people there were amazed with this color. There are few times where it is a lil dull, but not often, and if you keep it clean, hardly ever! Maybe you can somehow get to see Jr's car at a show or something. I think you would like it very much inn person. The pics are nice but just do this car no justice, nor their paint!
CGM is an AWESOME color. I was leaning toward IOM until I saw a CGM Traverse at my local dealer. That color is just awesome.

You gotta see it in person though.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #261
jtaack

Drives: 2010 V6 2LT Imperial Blue
Awesome pics! I am not really a NASCAR fan....but that would be one he!! of an experience!
jtaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #262
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
avdavidw I totally agree this seems like a one or two off I don't believe this is CGM!! Mungo its not that hard man really LOL that engine is capable of 500+ naturally aspirated
Mungo listen... Mungo want to know...tell Mungo..
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #263
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thanks gtahvit. Do you happen to know the days/hours? It's a bit of a trek from Orlando but I'm considering going for the drive later in the week if I can make the time.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #264
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Not production so the sound is definitely different.
Yeah, thats why I added the little bit at the end...
Old 02-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #265
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Thanks gtahvit. Do you happen to know the days/hours? It's a bit of a trek from Orlando but I'm considering going for the drive later in the week if I can make the time.
I have no idea. But I'm guessing the Daytona web site will have the information.

If you haven't seen one yet, this is the perfect place to see em. Plus you get to see the pace car!!!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #266
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I have no idea. But I'm guessing the Daytona web site will have the information.

If you haven't seen one yet, this is the perfect place to see em. Plus you get to see the pace car!!!

Thanks for the pics! It looks way less crowded than yesterday. Hopefully wednesday will be much the same.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 pace car