Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
speedbrds
It wasn't me!

Drives: '11 SW Camaro LS
Exclamation Hesitation when Accelerating

I recently drove in the mountains of SoCal and stopped to take pics. when I got back into the vehicle, I started it and shifted into "S" mode on 6AT to get maximum power on acceleration. When traffic cleared, I punched the gas and there was noticeable hesitation and the car barely moved then a second passed and it went like Hell. That was one time. The second and last time I was a complete stop and was in manual mode in gear 1. I gassed it and nothing for about a second.

I've had the car for just over a month and never experience this before. I am around 2200 miles. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing similar problems?
speedbrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Same problem here. I have an automatic with almost 5K miles. It has happened about 5 or 6 times. At first, I thought it was my foot hitting more on the side wall near the pedal, but more conscience of it now and I know it isn't it. Taking mine in next month and having them look at it while it is getting the stable track re-programmed. Does yours have CAI? I am thinking it might be that, since it started doing it right after the install.
Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
speedbrds
It wasn't me!

Drives: '11 SW Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs_SS View Post
Same problem here. I have an automatic with almost 5K miles. It has happened about 5 or 6 times. At first, I thought it was my foot hitting more on the side wall near the pedal, but more conscience of it now and I know it isn't it. Taking mine in next month and having them look at it while it is getting the stable track re-programmed. Does yours have CAI? I am thinking it might be that, since it started doing it right after the install.
I do not have a CAI. Just stock hardware.
speedbrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbrds View Post
I do not have a CAI. Just stock hardware.

Low end hard throttle transitions are very hard to negotiate (tune) It took me a long time to tune mine so it would not do it. It could be a rich hit ( to much fuel) but its almost always a lean hit on the throttle transition if you do it fast. You can walk into the throttle with a smooth progression or get the car tuned properly. The first will not void the warranty but the second one will. You might also take it back to the dealer and see if they can re-flash it for you with an updated operating system for the ECU
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Darin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Autos in general have some hesitation, mostly so they can downshift to the proper gear before taking off. Have you tried manually putting it in the gear you want before flooring it?
The only time I really notice any hesitation due to shifting is when taking a turn. I slow down from higher road speed to take a right hand turn and often want to accelerate out of the turn, but instead the car hesitates so it can down shift then it goes.. (kindof annoying but no good way to correct it)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
have you done the fuse pull?
this may help.pull #5 and #20 fuse,leave out for a few hours,then reinstall.doing this helped mine.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
this may help.pull #5 and #20 fuse,leave out for a few hours,then reinstall.doing this helped mine.

Good advice.
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.

Darin Morgan
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550& 2021 C8 Z51
I have a tune on my car will the fuse pull effect my tune?
lewylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
It's a V6 ..I'm sure these fuse pull does not work for us..just the V8s..
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Mine does the same thing once in awhile....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
I have a tune on my car will the fuse pull effect my tune?
The fuse pull will not effect the tune up. Its impossible for that to happen.

Darin Morgan
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Old 12-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #12
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Bump!

This happened to me twice, once yesterday and once again today. Give it some gas to go, and it hesitates, almost seems like its stalling out for a second, and then it picks back up and starts to go. Only happened at highway speeds, was easy on the throttle, no gear shifting needed, and it seemed like it was going to stall out.

I dont see it being an issue of too much fuel being injected, since i was light on the throttle. Check all my connections when i got home, nothin wrong there. Any other ideas?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #13
Cal 20112SS

Drives: 2019 C7 Stingray
At 5K miles mine started doing it. Really bad when the car is still cold. My CEL came on, so I plugged in my SCT tuner and it spit out code P0174 which is related to the MAF sensor on my CAI. I unplugged it, cleaned everything out, used some compressed air on my K&N filter. Next day my CEL went off and the car is running smoother now.
Cal 20112SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
2010 2SS RS

Drives: Metalic Silver 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbrds View Post
I recently drove in the mountains of SoCal and stopped to take pics. when I got back into the vehicle, I started it and shifted into "S" mode on 6AT to get maximum power on acceleration. When traffic cleared, I punched the gas and there was noticeable hesitation and the car barely moved then a second passed and it went like Hell. That was one time. The second and last time I was a complete stop and was in manual mode in gear 1. I gassed it and nothing for about a second.

I've had the car for just over a month and never experience this before. I am around 2200 miles. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I always felt it was the car taking a bit to switch back into V8 mode. Cause I only notice it hesitate when I punch it while in that AFM V4 mode when I'm steady accelerating (which keeps it outta AFM mode) and punch it she never hesitate
2010 2SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceleration, hesitation, moving