Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #85
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Dealership says yes they are.
Ive used a clay bar, wax and polish can cant get anything off.
On the same note they are on the body and the back bumper. Bumpers and body arent painted in the same area.
So to be honest i dont know.
it certainly seems you've done your due diligence and have tried to go through the right channels. you've been pretty patient thus far and i hate to see ya go through this. you're certainly justified in feeling cheated out of the experience of new car ownership. any chance this could've happened during shipping? are any of the other vehicles at the dealership also affected by these mystery blemishes?

on another note, if GM leaves you hanging on this, I'd maybe try taking the car to Odds & Ends Detailing in Sterling, VA and see if he can do anything for ya. the guy is a wizard with paint correction and perhaps it might be that the blemishes are actually embedded in the clear rather than completely under it. if this is the case, he may be able to get ya back to showroom. not ideal, i know, to have to come out of pocket for this but if GM leaves you in the lurch, it may be something to consider.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #86
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Atma thanks for the idea. I might just go that route. Do you know about how much that would cost?
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #87
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
They already said it was under the clear. They also said that they are willing to repaint SOME parts, they just admitted there was an issue. If they don't fix the whole thing get a lawyer. Similar thing happened to me with my '10. The dealership lost and had the entire car repainted at a place of my choosing.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #88
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Atma thanks for the idea. I might just go that route. Do you know about how much that would cost?
he never quotes w/o seeing the car b/c each job is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
They already said it was under the clear. They also said that they are willing to repaint SOME parts, they just admitted there was an issue. If they don't fix the whole thing get a lawyer. Similar thing happened to me with my '10. The dealership lost and had the entire car repainted at a place of my choosing.
this is definitely good advice.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #89
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Hang in there....

I realize its got to be really frustrating, but keep pressuring the dealership, the zone managers, and GM brass. Try a letter writing blitz, get the media involved. Most local TV stations love to take on this type of thing.
I don't know if Scott Settelmeyer (not sure of spelling) who is the "Godfather" of the Camaro aka the "Fbodfather" can help but you might try to seek him out.
You paid good money and you deserve the best. As others said, you should probably start looking to get a lawyer.
I wouldn't do anything else to the car as they will continue to claim that you are now responsible.
Good luck.
PS What is the name of the dealership?

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #90
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Lawyer up my friend. Might be able to recover a small amount of resale value as well to help pay lawyer fees. If nothing else do it to protect your interests and investment.
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #91
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Cant you go to a different dealership? Warranty stuff doesn't have to be where you bought. Why give them the GM money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #92
Casperadub70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
PS What is the name of the dealership?
Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring MD

I gathered up all the paper work i could from the dealership and on monday i have and appt with legal on base.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #93
Casperadub70

Update:
left a review about the issue on the dealership website.
have two claim numbers in with GM
Have a claim with Better Business Bureau (BBB)
and appt with legal on base switched to Thursday (next week)
Friday it goes to a detail shop to see if they can do anything.
Im not taking this lightly. Ive worked to hard and payed to much to have something like this happen.
Any other suggestions ???
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #94
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
pleased continue to be persistant. i feel for you. i am currently looking at a new 13 black camaro, its a year old but 60 miles. i will try to look and look. but, if i was you spendint that kind of money, i would end up bitchin to the white house, obama, etc. the squeeky wheel gets the greese. i would call each and every day. put on speed dial. this is crap. you buy a brand new car for these kind of dollars and they treat you like this. i cant imagine Lexus, toyota, or BMW doing this to you like this. keep hanging in there. then you wonder why GM and american cars get such a bad rap.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #95
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Update:
left a review about the issue on the dealership website.
have two claim numbers in with GM
Have a claim with Better Business Bureau (BBB)
and appt with legal on base switched to Thursday (next week)
Friday it goes to a detail shop to see if they can do anything.
Im not taking this lightly. Ive worked to hard and payed to much to have something like this happen.
Any other suggestions ???
One thing the detail shop may do is wet-sand and buff the vehicle. If they do that as an option I would suggest to not go to the detail shop in the first place and just continue with everything else you're doing.

Your car is brand new, you don't want it wet sanded then buffed. It's going to take a bit of clear off, and depending their skill level they may have a chance of burning through. Especially on any plastic pieces.

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 09-12-2013 at 07:42 AM.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #96
Casperadub70

I didnt go to the detail show. The dealership called and wants me to come in on Tuesday to check the paint again. Not sure what is going to happen. Should know more after.
Once im done there, GM wants me to call them and let them know what happen and so does BBB (better business bureau)
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #97
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I didnt go to the detail show. The dealership called and wants me to come in on Tuesday to check the paint again. Not sure what is going to happen. Should know more after.
Once im done there, GM wants me to call them and let them know what happen and so does BBB (better business bureau)
Good luck, hope all goes well!
2013 Silverado Z71
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #98
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
We're rooting for ya...

Please keep us informed.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote