Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
Dustyminpin

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Factory Short Throw M6
Car got hit today / hit and run

I was driving to work today on the interstate only 2 exits away from my work when a 2006 Nissan Altima came into my lane and hit the back right fender and put a huge scrape down the length of it that looks very similar to the factory Hockey Stripe I have going down the front quarter panels and doors. My wife was in front of me in her truck and got their license plate # and I followed them to the next exit where they got off (which just happened to be the exit we were getting off of anyways for our work) and was expecting them to pull off the side of the road and put the hazard lights on but no.

They took off. As fast as that little Altima would go, off the main drag and deep into the hood. My wife wasn't 100% sure on the plate # so I followed them and verified the plate and they eventually stopped. It was 3 young black guys that looked like they were in high school and as I walked around my car to look at the damage of my car and theirs, they took off again. I stayed put and waited for the cop to get there. He ran the plate number I gave him and said the car was probably stolen because it belonged to an elderly white woman 2 towns over. So I sit at work and wait on news, because the cop said I'd have to go down and I.D. them if they were caught. They probably dumped that car 2 streets down and took off on foot. They won't get caught...

There appears to be no body damage to the car other than the gash in the paint. Luckily the rim and tire and fender lip were spared. These cars are evidently built like tanks. When he struck me, it felt like I went over a speed bump at 80mp. The Blue Ray Metallic paint scuff went down the entire driver's side of the Altima. It will be easy to identify. Luckily the fat ass end of the Camaro's rear fender was the farthest sticking out part of the car and spared the rest of the body. FML. No pictures as of right now. I am too disgusted. Maybe later. Brand new car, haven't even had it 6 months...

Last edited by Dustyminpin; 03-18-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Dustyminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
24ZZZZZ
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BLACK M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyminpin View Post
I was driving to work today on the interstate only 2 exits away from my work when a 2006 Nissan Altima came into my lane and hit the back right fender and put a huge scrape down the length of it that looks very similar to the factory Hockey Stripe I have going down the front quarter panels and doors. My wife was in front of my in her truck and got their license plate # and I followed them to the next exit where they got off (which just happened to be the exit we were getting off of anyways for our work) and was expecting them to pull off the side of the road and put the hazard lights on but no.

They took off. As fast as that little Altima would go, off the main drag and deep into the hood. My wife wasn't 100% sure on the plate # so I followed them and verified the plate and they eventually stopped. It was 3 young black guys that looked like they were in high school and as I walked around my car to look at the damage of my car and theirs, they took off again. I stayed put and waited for the cop to get their. He ran the plate number I gave him and said the car was probably stolen because it belonged to an elderly white woman 2 towns over. So I sit at work and wait on news, because the cop said I'd have to go down and I.D. them if they were caught. They probably dumped that car 2 streets down and took off on foot. They won't get caught...

There appears to be no body damage to the car other than the gash in the pant. Luckily the rim and tire and fender lip were spared. These cars are evidently built like tanks. When he struck me, it felt like I went over a speed bump at 80mp. The Blue Ray Metallic paint scuff went down the entire driver's side of the Altima. It will be easy to identify. Luckily the fat ass end of the Camaro's rear fender was the farthest sticking out part of the car and spared the rest of the body. FML. No pictures as of right now. I am too disgusted. Maybe later. Brand new car, haven't even had it 6 months...
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE THE RACE OF THE OTHER DRIVER! YOU JUST HAD TO ADD THAT HUH!
24ZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ZZZZZ View Post
OH YOUR FROM ALABAMA!!! MAKES SINCE NOW!!!!
Sense***

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
24ZZZZZ
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BLACK M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Sense***
THANKS!
24ZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
OH YOUR FROM ALABAMA!!! MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!
I would imagine if it was three young white boys that performed a hit and run he would've identified them as white in this post as well. Quit creating deeper meaning that isn't there, and by the way just because your from alabama doesn't mean you are racist. Isn't that discriminating and stereotyping people? The same thing that you are complaining about?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Dustyminpin

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Factory Short Throw M6
I'm from Chicago. And if you would have seen the little thug gang banging wannabe hood rats you would have mentioned the race too. Are we going to make these kids the victims now? How about the little old WHITE lady in Chickasaw that may or may not be alive rigt now. Sounds about right. Just like old boy in Florida that killed the kid when he was on neighborhood watch our of self defense and the Black Panther demand the government turn him over to them. Ya. OK...
Dustyminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE THE RACE OF THE OTHER DRIVER! YOU JUST HAD TO ADD THAT HUH!
It had to do with the following statement with the car being stolen as old white ladies generally do not have three teenage black children.

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
lol, racism. Too many people try to create racism just to stir dramas.

Sucks about your car, though, OP.

whitetext
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Don't be racist, be Race-ist.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #10
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
What's wrong with you??
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Hate to hear that about your new ride. It's a mad house out there.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
RedRS

Drives: Red RS with black stripes
Racism is never going to go away.........deal with it.
RedRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
John E

Drives: 2014 2SS rs 6M
My condolences. Sincerely.
John E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Fighting discrimination with discrimination lol makes
plenty of sense