Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
ding magnet

I saw a red convertible camaro today with no less than 5 good sized door dings on just the passenger side door..... WTF
I swear these cars attract idiots
Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
There are a lot of haters who intentionally use the side of a Camaro as a door stop.
Part of the blame rests on the owner of the red 'vert for not parking more carefully.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
There are a lot of haters who intentionally use the side of a Camaro as a door stop.
Part of the blame rests on the owner of the red 'vert for not parking more carefully.
Most.

If you expect others to treat your possessions as if they're valuable to them, you’ll quickly be clued in to reality. I advise parking on end parking spaces, carefully hugging the curb and preferably with the other car to the left.

Maybe mommy and/or daddy bought the car for them, therefore it has little value. :(
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Most.

If you expect others to treat your possessions as if they're valuable to them, you’ll quickly be clued in to reality. I advise parking on end parking spaces, carefully hugging the curb and preferably with the other car to the left.

Maybe mommy and/or daddy bought the car for them, therefore it has little value. :(
Great ideas! The way I park at work is no one to my left and the person to my right backs in so no way of a door hitting my car. I would hope that there arnt kids out there who are that ignorant to treat a car like this that way. It brings a tear to my eyes.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've been driving my car for 25 months with 0 door dings. I'm very careful about where I park. I'll walk an extra 1/8 mile if that's what it takes.

I try to always park towards the back of a parking lot up against a curb giving anyone that parks next to me plenty of room.

I know its only a matter of time before I get my first door ding. But to go
over 2 years without 1 door ding is pretty darn good.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Park between other expensive cars and I noticed they do not want to ding their doors either
Old 07-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
Jermola23

Drives: 2011 black camaro
this happened to me at the mall. and trust me i park far from everyone else. so as i was walking up to my car i notice 2 door dings on my driver side from almost 30 yards away. i was f'ing pissed ruined my whole day actually i'm still mad right now as i think about. people are haters and f'ing morons. well goodthing my bestfriend has a body shop. or i will be s.o.l. im taking my baby tommorow after work to get looked at
Jermola23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
Getting a stone chip on your car is one thing, but getting a door ding is another! One can't be helped, but the other...can be! I too, park away from other cars, but that does not stop others from parking next to you!
I remember last year, as I pulled into a Mcdonalds late night with my '02 Corvette. I was the only one in the parking lot and lo and behold an SUV with four kids (late teens early 20's) pulls directly next to me. A very large young woman gets out of the rear of the SUV and opens the door right against my Vette's rear quarter panel! They had the whole parking lot, yet they had to park directly next to me! The damage was very slight, but never the less it happened! She probably was in a hurry to get that Big Mac down her throat!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
Jermola23

Drives: 2011 black camaro
arrghhhh that pissed me off. but big mac joke was funny. not gonna lie i like big mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzzy View Post
Getting a stone chip on your car is one thing, but getting a door ding is another! One can't be helped, but the other...can be! I too, park away from other cars, but that does not stop others from parking next to you!
I remember last year, as I pulled into a Mcdonalds late night with my '02 Corvette. I was the only one in the parking lot and lo and behold an SUV with four kids (late teens early 20's) pulls directly next to me. A very large young woman gets out of the rear of the SUV and opens the door right against my Vette's rear quarter panel! They had the whole parking lot, yet they had to park directly next to me! The damage was very slight, but never the less it happened! She probably was in a hurry to get that Big Mac down her throat!
Jermola23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I've been driving my car for 25 months with 0 door dings. I'm very careful about where I park. I'll walk an extra 1/8 mile if that's what it takes.

I try to always park towards the back of a parking lot up against a curb giving anyone that parks next to me plenty of room.

I know its only a matter of time before I get my first door ding. But to go
over 2 years without 1 door ding is pretty darn good.
Whenever I park away from the other cars I get egged, vadalized, and offending notes put on my car. It's a lose-lose with this car.
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
Berean

Drives: Truck
You shouldn't be surprised.

This is what happens to society when politicians continually indoctrinate people into thinking anyone who has anything nice must have screwed someone to get it or hasn't paid their "fair share".

Respect for private property is a thing of the past.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
But I can understand just leaving them dings there and not fixing 'em.

"Oh...someone already dinged him...darn!"-next person who parks next to 'em

I park away from folks not only because of that but my car doors are extremely heavy and "I" don't want to accidently ding someone.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
MUSCLEIT

Drives: 2010 REDLINE EDITION#46
HATE THOSE DINGS YOUR EYES GOES RT TO THEM....
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
one ding, chalk it up to accidental dinging, or by careless or jealous people. 5 dings, well, the Camaro owner obviously doesn't care where he/she parks the car and deserves every ding. It is probably a leased car.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote