Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
umiami2312

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
1st HPDE @ Homestead Today

For my only real driving experience having been to the drag strip 8-9 times, all I can say is this I had the most fun I've ever had in a car with my pants on. I'm totally hooked. The car handled beautifully and sounded soooo good going down the track. Nothing like driving an LS3 at WOT all the way through 2nd 3rd and into 4th gear. It's even better when you get pointed by and pass someone

Only had one moment of wiggle-ness coming out onto the back stretch, but since this was my first time I had TC on which probably saved me from a spin. Hitting a corner just right was so rewarding. I see why this is so addicting and just exactly why people are preaching brakes and suspension. Doesn't matter how fast you get down the straight if you have to start braking at 600 feet out.

I'm about to put on my CTS-V brake upgrade that's sitting in my apartment and it only took one session to realize that this was money well spent as I made my brakes cry during the 4th of 5 sessions. Now its just a matter of putting them on and planning my next track day.

If anyone is thinking about taking their 1LE to an HPDE, you should do it. You'll thank me on the way home.

In case you were wondering, I got 7.3MPG driving around today.
Attached Images

umiami2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Sweet. Looks like you had a blast. If I didn't have to work I would drive one of these events every weekend.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
NYROC655

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE Track Ready
I agree, driving on the track is the best experience. Been doing it 4 years now, 1st in a Pontiac G8 GXP now in the 1LE.

Brakes are the key including upgraded suspension. You also want to make sure you are installing seat harnessess with a Hans device.

I upgraded the GXP with the CTS-V brake package but changed the silver paint color yellow in only 2 sessions. On the 1LE I am running Stoptech, trophy series ,big brake kit.

Once you get started, there is no turning back! Have fun, be safe and take advantage of on track instructors...they will take you to the next level.
Attached Images

NYROC655 is offline   Reply With Quote