Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #267
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
trying to make it. we will see how my wallet feels after the 1st
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #268
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
Nice! I ran a 1:45 at big willow. First trackday ever! Haha.

The 1:34 was at Streets Counter Clockwise

You did a 1:39 with the lightweight wheels?
I have done a 1.34 at big willow in my 1le, frankly taking it easy
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #269
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Hey Doug,i know i didn't explain it very good,so took a couple pic's of that rim i was telling you about.This is from my crash back in 2004 at Fontana.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #270
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Ouch, hate to be on the bike when that happened. I like those tires too, I have them on mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #271
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Ouch man!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #272
cornerspeed92

So i get an email at 4:00pm yesterday from Speedventures saying they need instructors for Sat.uuuhhhhhhh let me think about that,go to the race track, help others go fast,and earn track time,obviously i dont need to answer So im giving personal instruction to a guy from Canada in a turbo Porsche,thing was *ucking fast,man wish i could afford a supercharger.I saw Tom,and met DOC(DOC, i came over to your garage after i got done to say hey,but couldn't find you,car looked good though)Tom was running Autocross.

I took my 1LE out to show the beginner group,and although i didn't get any hot laps in i did hit hard a couple turns.I had the standard Pirelli P ZERO on as opposed to the Goodyear supercar tires,wow what a difference,now of course it was like 30 degrees difference from last month,but man it was slippery.

The reason i brought this thread back up was to see if any of this group is running in Nov? it's Nov 9-10 I have earned enough track credit that i will for sure be there,and it would be cool to own the garage again
Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #273
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I will be there. Trying to make the track day outside Reno that speed ventures is offering as well.

Edit: nevermind speed ventures is offering track time in parumph not outside Reno hahaha must have been another purveyor that had that track.

Now that summer is done really hoping to get back to doing two track weekends a month
Old 09-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #274
cornerspeed92

Cool,what track are they running?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #275
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
So i get an email at 4:00pm yesterday from Speedventures saying they need instructors for Sat.uuuhhhhhhh let me think about that,go to the race track, help others go fast,and earn track time,obviously i dont need to answer So im giving personal instruction to a guy from Canada in a turbo Porsche,thing was *ucking fast,man wish i could afford a supercharger.I saw Tom,and met DOC(DOC, i came over to your garage after i got done to say hey,but couldn't find you,car looked good though)Tom was running Autocross.

I took my 1LE out to show the beginner group,and although i didn't get any hot laps in i did hit hard a couple turns.I had the standard Pirelli P ZERO on as opposed to the Goodyear supercar tires,wow what a difference,now of course it was like 30 degrees difference from last month,but man it was slippery.

The reason i brought this thread back up was to see if any of this group is running in Nov? it's Nov 9-10 I have earned enough track credit that i will for sure be there,and it would be cool to own the garage again
Yeah it was nice meeting you too! I'm definitely planning on November. It was too freaking hot out there today, although I have to say the Michelin PSS tires are great. First time out on the track with them and even with the high track temps the tires were terrific at turn-in and steering feel. Much better grip than the Hankooks and they didn't get greasy like the Hankooks do when they get too hot.

I was running in the blue group and it was ridiculous. Way too many people in there who should still be in the white group. So much traffic and people who are slow and don't point you by that I couldn't get a single lap at full speed. Even with spending too much time coasting in 3rd gear behind people going into corners I still managed a 2:08 in the second session; and that was with not getting a point-by until the straight heading into turn 12.

I left at 12:30; just too hot for me. It was 100° in the garage in the shade and the hot part of the day was still ahead. I'm just getting too old to be sitting in the car with my helmet on in that kind of heat, waiting in the staging area to go out on the track lol.

I'm going to sign up for the black group next time. I know with cooler temps and a better group that knows what they're doing I should definitely be able to get below the 2 minute mark.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #276
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I am going to try and make it in November
Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #277
ApexedSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post

Ill be there in November! a lot cooler temps so it should be good
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #278

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
Ill be there in November! a lot cooler temps so it should be good
Hmmm....Roval in November....this could be do-able for me....At least might have new tires by then....Think I'll be up for it again by that date....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #279
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'll have my Invos on by then but doing auto x that weekend
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #280
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I have a totally nob question,

So, after one of this track sessions, should I expect my tires to be done? Will I need new tires soon?
And also, how much is the helmet rental there?

Thanks