Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 10-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #715
two-camaros

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 LT2 RS V6
Send a message via Yahoo to two-camaros
Cool pictures and article...

Check this out:
http://www.camaro5.com/?p=2754
ordered 7-8-09/delivered 10-24-09
two-camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #716
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
Whers everyone hiding at ? We have tunes being worked on , we have superchargers being made , we have CAIs being made....Anyone paying attention here ? Oh not talking to you v8 people this is strictly a v6 thing
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #717
two-camaros

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 LT2 RS V6
Send a message via Yahoo to two-camaros
hummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole View Post
Whers everyone hiding at ? We have tunes being worked on , we have superchargers being made , we have CAIs being made....Anyone paying attention here ? Oh not talking to you v8 people this is strictly a v6 thing
Yeah, its been quiet here for a while. So whats goin on with that? All we've been doing is driving around and getting comfortable with our car. My mouth hurts from all the grinnin I've been doing! Had a lady drive up beside us in Leavenworth yesterday and wave real big, I asked my husband if he knew who it was. He had no idea. We waved anyway. So if it was someone on here in a black Jeep, "Hi". When our car sits outside SOMEONE always comes over to check it out. And of course we are glad to show it off.
ordered 7-8-09/delivered 10-24-09
two-camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #718
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole View Post
Hi Ace . I'm watching all that stuff pretty closely. LPE is sort of in the lead with the supercharger development. Magnuson pretty much decided that for now they weren't going to make it a high priority because they don't think there is enough interest. They basically have to sell 200 of the kits to cover the cost of R&D and tooling. HP Tuners may be working on cracking the code which is a really good thing and will save others a lot of time and money if they do, which will lead to a lot more being developed for the V6 engine.

I want to go with long tube headers and a cat back exhaust but really prefer to wait until a tune is ready. Personally I'll probably just have everything done if and when I send my car to LPE to be supercharged which they are hoping will be some time this winter. SEMA has kept LPE pretty busy but when that's over next week it should get more time and attention.

Congratulations everyone that got your cars recently.....they all look amazing. Every time I see groups of these cars together I just can't get over how good it looks in all the colors and just how darned sexy looking it truly is!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #719
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Wating on the next best thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Hi Ace . I'm watching all that stuff pretty closely. LPE is sort of in the lead with the supercharger development. Magnuson pretty much decided that for now they weren't going to make it a high priority because they don't think there is enough interest. They basically have to sell 200 of the kits to cover the cost of R&D and tooling. HP Tuners may be working on cracking the code which is a really good thing and will save others a lot of time and money if they do, which will lead to a lot more being developed for the V6 engine.

I want to go with long tube headers and a cat back exhaust but really prefer to wait until a tune is ready. Personally I'll probably just have everything done if and when I send my car to LPE to be supercharged which they are hoping will be some time this winter. SEMA has kept LPE pretty busy but when that's over next week it should get more time and attention.

Congratulations everyone that got your cars recently.....they all look amazing. Every time I see groups of these cars together I just can't get over how good it looks in all the colors and just how darned sexy looking it truly is!
The way I see it, the V6 appeals to about 30% of the Camaro world. To tune it or SC it still just makes it a gussied up V6, not comparable to even a stock V8, and therefore appealing to an even limited number of people if I ever want to part ways with it - which I will when the Z28 comes out.

There has to be a monetized value return proposition for me to invest those kind of dollars into a vehicle.

Thus, in the mean time, I am simply having a blast with my 2LT as she came from the factory and empathizing with the fun others are having with their fantasies of modifying their V6.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #720
acehole

he he he your funny....we are doers not dreamers...my car will be next to abys getting done up by LPE...
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #721
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce1 View Post
The way I see it, the V6 appeals to about 30% of the Camaro world. To tune it or SC it still just makes it a gussied up V6, not comparable to even a stock V8, and therefore appealing to an even limited number of people if I ever want to part ways with it - which I will when the Z28 comes out.

There has to be a monetized value return proposition for me to invest those kind of dollars into a vehicle.

Thus, in the mean time, I am simply having a blast with my 2LT as she came from the factory and empathizing with the fun others are having with their fantasies of modifying their V6.
Well there are always the $ to value added decisions to make with mods. But I can assure you that what LPE is working on with the V6 SC will be comparable to the stock V8 or I would agree with you that the endeavor would probably not be worth it. The guys that are working on this project at LPE, and the company itself, is second to none. I'm not dreaming.......my car WILL BE on a trailer to LPE as soon as they are ready for it
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #722
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Well there are always the $ to value added decisions to make with mods. But I can assure you that what LPE is working on with the V6 SC will be comparable to the stock V8 or I would agree with you that the endeavor would probably not be worth it. The guys that are working on this project at LPE, and the company itself, is second to none. I'm not dreaming.......my car WILL BE on a trailer to LPE as soon as they are ready for it
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #723
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Lightbulb Camaro5Fest - Midwest Caravan Planning

I see Aby on the list, and I am lucky #100 - so who else is going to the 1st Annual? ...did you see they added a 1st Annual Cruise too? - it's on Friday. I would like to get there Friday AM to really drive around the place and get to know the roads a bit.

Who else has already planned to attend or is considering it? I know Ject is hauling his out there...

I live on I-70, exactlly 2 hours from Aby and 2 hours from Kansas City, but I suspect she will be going the Southern Route thru OK city? Ject, what about you? ...I'm flexible.

I am serious about linking up for a Caravan to Georgia. This wouldn't be my first; last one was to North Carolina in a 1967 VW Bus. PM if you wanna chat on the phone about this.

Keith
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #724
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Can't get the time off to go this year, hopefully next year will be better...

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #725
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
I see Aby on the list, and I am lucky #100 - so who else is going to the 1st Annual? ...did you see they added a 1st Annual Cruise too? - it's on Friday. I would like to get there Friday AM to really drive around the place and get to know the roads a bit.

Who else has already planned to attend or is considering it? I know Ject is hauling his out there...

I live on I-70, exactlly 2 hours from Aby and 2 hours from Kansas City, but I suspect she will be going the Southern Route thru OK city? Ject, what about you? ...I'm flexible.

I am serious about linking up for a Caravan to Georgia. This wouldn't be my first; last one was to North Carolina in a 1967 VW Bus. PM if you wanna chat on the phone about this.

Keith
I'll more then likely be doing the southern route towards OKC, it'll shave 3 hours off my drive to not go the KC -> ST. Louis route. Also will be leaving early Thursday morning so I can get 12hrs of the drive out of the way, Looking into meeting up with the OKC Convoy that's possibly getting planned.

Reserved my Room just a few minutes ago at the Host hotel (Holiday INN) looked to be only a handful (3-5) of rooms available. I ended up reserving a 2Queen Bed Room... Don't need but 1 bed lol...
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #726
Abygale

I'm definitely in, and as Ject pointed out, I'll be taking the south route, and hopefully we'll be able to hook up with some OKC folks. Junkie mentioned there may be some Alabama people hooking up with our group that is tentatively trying to make it to Birmingham on Thursday. That leaves about 5.5 hours of driving on Friday with lots of time to clean the cars and check things out
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #727
acehole

Anyone wanna go night racing ?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #728
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote: