Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #85
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Darth_Emma....

just sent you my 4000th pm
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #86
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
SAVINI Center Caps

I have Savini Sv-29s and have had minimal issues with the wheels and the customer service. I purchased from wheel studio and nick came to watch the install. Yes the wheels are pricey and I would only go to a dealer that had installed these types of wheels before. Now I do understand not everyone has the luxury of a dealer nearby. I paid the price because there was no other wheel that came close to the look of these wheels. I have 20's on my car not 22's or 24's. I have noticed there seems to be issues with the larger wheel size, maybe that's just me. My issue is with my center caps(minor issue). I had two stolen while at SEMA on that friday. Can you believe it SEMA! I Pm'd Nick and sent Savini an e-mail. I had a car show the next weekend. They priority mailed me center caps the wrong color (may be miscommunication on description) within 2-3 days. I pmd nick Nov 15th about them and stated these are the wrong ones. The caps sent were all black, my originals had a chrome outer ring. My issue is, he has responded to other posts on this forum but yet to return a PM. Other then this problem, I love these wheels and would not take them off for another brand. I have had no issues with "out of round" wheels or paint chipping of my wheels. In fact I ran outside to look at my wheels again after reading this thread. I am glad everything worked out to your satisfaction. My issue is menial, and I normally have EXCELLENT customer service from him. Happy Holidays
Old 12-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #87
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I have a feeling that this will not be the last memebr here who is having problems, matter of fact I know that unfortunately but will let them deal with it in there own way and respect their request.

But it has occurred to me that this company is doing something kinda funny in a sense that they do sell a very pretty wheel, not the only pretty wheel but none the less a pretty wheel.

We scrape up and buy the wheels only for something to go wrong, out of balance, out of round, paint peeling, powder coat chipping or whatever else can go wrong with a set of wheels, then you are at thier mercy. Sound familiar?????

IT is like they play a shell game with us, Nick is the Rep, but we deal with the vendors, if there is a problem the vendor is taken out because the " Company" is going to take care of this , "Just for you" well needless to say it does not work out exactly like it should and after 40 days of hell is raised then the " Closer " comes in to make it right.

Something seems inherently wrong with this.

I buy alot of Adam's Polishes and he advertises a 110% guarantee. Not in writing but out of his mouth " Either like our product or we will buy it back .Period" I have made several purchases from this company and yes I have even tore up some stuff learning how to use it. And when I was ordering they looked back and asked why I was buying buffing pad since I had just bought them a week ago. I explained that I was an idiot and I messed them up becuase of my inexperience. Adma's replaced them FREE.

Adam's customer service is the best I have ever seen, if you don't believe me, just call and talk with them, then you will be sold.

Anyway I think some soul searching needs to be done at Savini, especially if they like selling on this forum. Too many people know what is going on and if they do not change their ways their sales will go down. JMHO
Def a plus for Adams....

Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #88
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
This is why you don't spend so much on rims imo because when you have problems you end up with a huge regret in terms of the money you spent.

Why can't you guys find a really nice set for $2,000-3,000? Unless you have so much to throw around on wheels...
You do... Really.. There are many "other" companies out there that sell high end forged wheels and DO have stellar customer support.

You can have the same problems with a 2k - 3k set too. IMHO none of the low cost options look better than the stockers anyway so that's a TOTAL waste of money...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #89
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
hmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
did you just forget to address Randy's "stolen" sensors or did you skip that issue intentionally???

Old 12-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #90
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
For the record. I'm not asking for any more resolutions to my situation. I just brought it up as an example of Savinis support. Getting them to fix my vibration issues was hard enough. And it was a little unorthodox in the method. So I skipped the sensor issue in the end. Savini was gonna make Nick pay for them. My shipping reembursment I just left alone. It was obvious that my ordeal pissed Tu off.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #91
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I'm just now finding this thread. I suppose I should visit the Sponsor Feedback forum more often

I've sold more sets of Savini wheels than just the ones mentioned above, and haven't had any issues from those other sales. Whether that is luck or not, I do not know. I've also mounted/balanced them locally and had no issues here.

I'd also like to point out that QC/fitment type issues are found within numerous brands. Not just Savini. Price range doesn't matter here, I've had both expensive and cheaper wheels have issues in the past. The main thing is how the issue is handled. When handled properly, with the focus on the customer, you will rarely hear about these sorts of issues. It is only when the customer feels it is a hassle that things get posted. I try my best to take care of my customers before it escalates into that situation. MLee also had a minor issue with his fancy wheels, but we fixed it immediately. That is one benefit of working with a local shop, indeed.

Also, PQ and Emma have always kept me in the loop on these Savini issues. I've always been in contact with Savini about these issues, making my own suggestions and trying to get Savini to do things the right way. Savini did prefer to work directly with PQ and Emma on the Quality issues, so I'm not sure why Nick would say they should have dealt with me instead. BTW, the bus is leaking some tranny fluid under here.

At the end of the day, I just want my customers to feel satisfied with the products and the service I provide. Sometimes there are hurdles to accomplish this, but I'll do my best to get to the positive side each time.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #92
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Nine Ball Tony is bangin!

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #93
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I'm just now finding this thread. I suppose I should visit the Sponsor Feedback forum more often

I've sold more sets of Savini wheels than just the ones mentioned above, and haven't had any issues from those other sales. Whether that is luck or not, I do not know. I've also mounted/balanced them locally and had no issues here.

I'd also like to point out that QC/fitment type issues are found within numerous brands. Not just Savini. Price range doesn't matter here, I've had both expensive and cheaper wheels have issues in the past. The main thing is how the issue is handled. When handled properly, with the focus on the customer, you will rarely hear about these sorts of issues. It is only when the customer feels it is a hassle that things get posted. I try my best to take care of my customers before it escalates into that situation. MLee also had a minor issue with his fancy wheels, but we fixed it immediately. That is one benefit of working with a local shop, indeed.

Also, PQ and Emma have always kept me in the loop on these Savini issues. I've always been in contact with Savini about these issues, making my own suggestions and trying to get Savini to do things the right way. Savini did prefer to work directly with PQ and Emma on the Quality issues, so I'm not sure why Nick would say they should have dealt with me instead. BTW, the bus is leaking some tranny fluid under here.

At the end of the day, I just want my customers to feel satisfied with the products and the service I provide. Sometimes there are hurdles to accomplish this, but I'll do my best to get to the positive side each time.

Thanks,
Tony
TONY,

You words make alot of sense and I have no doubt your intentions are good. Like Randy said he didn't want you paying for their mistakes, most feel the same way.

You are also correct in that we all understand that things do happen but what matters is how it is handled, Correct? That being said do you think, now be honest, that the situation with Randy and Emma was handled correctly.?

They tried to throw you under the bus man. Or am I just being stupid again.

Like I said earlier if they had not tried to hold Emma's wheels hostage for 200.00 this whole thing could have been avoided on this one subject. Really for 200.00 they let a firestorm start. Don't make no sense to me, but then again I do live in Alabama, LMAO
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #94
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I will just say that Tony always tried to help me. When I go to buy wheels again in the future, I would gladly buy from him again.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #95
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I tried to warn Savini a few times about the potential of something like this happening. Exactly over that $200, although it was over $800 when I called them. They did reduce it after my chat with them, but I would have liked to have seen it go down to the promised/agreed deal. Now it ends up costing them more, which I also mentioned it would.

I've been around this market and forums for over 15 years now, I've seen similar scenarios play out exactly like this. I do at least try to warn vendors before things happen, but that doesn't mean they always listen to advice.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #96
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

You can lead a horse to water..........
Old 12-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #97
Tu@Savini Wheels
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW
Guys, please read this
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74#post2646874
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #98
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Why is the thread closed for posting, HMMM?

Closed Thread