Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #29
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
NICE! I may have to hit up the Indian restaurant this week! You got me cravin it!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #30
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
"chicken tikka masala" LMFAO!! I am glad someone thought that was funny

Are u kiddin......I'm freaking hungry now. Lmao

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #31
coolman

Just be glad you guys get to go. I wish I could. I would only require beer anyhow (unless driving of course).
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
From the original thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...05&postcount=1
Entrance Fee (Paid at Gate)

• Drivers - $50.00 (Three meals are included in the drivers fee)
    Gets all day access to the Drag Strip, Autocross, Dyno and entrance into the car show. Any attendee expecting to race must pay this fee. Special colored wrist bands for Drivers will be issued.
  • Spectators - $10.00
    Allows entry into the facility to watch the activities

That's pretty clear. Driver - $50.00 Drag, AutoX, Dyno, Car Show, three meals. Tracks, insurance and logistics cost money. The more attend, the more the base cost goes up. If you think this is expensive see what it costs to take "spectators" to Disney World, Universal Studios or Sea World some time. Food is never included. Or for another example, at the World Street Finals Draq Race here in Orlando the daily spectator fee is $30, food not included. The race entry fee is $150 a day. Camaro 5 Fest is a bargain and you GET TO PARTICIPATE !!

This is a best effort event. There are no guarantees, but it will be the best event the C5 community can make it. Many have done a great job putting this together. They have donated hundreds of hours to allow you to have an multi-faceted event to go to. I am happy to have a place where the Camaro community can get together and have some fun and meet new friends, because that is what Camaro 5 Fest is all about.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #33
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Just be glad you guys get to go. I wish I could....
Exactly...

wish you could go too.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #34
streetshark
Bringin' The Pain

Drives: 2031 ZL1 Vert
I for one am glad someone asked the question, as I was a little confused myself. Me personally, I'm just jacked about doing some racing and window shopping at the vendor's row.
streetshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #35
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetshark View Post
Me personally, I'm just jacked about doing some racing and window shopping at the vendor's row.
+1
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #36
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Just be glad you guys get to go. I wish I could. I would only require beer anyhow (unless driving of course).
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #37
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

It is an important issue that was only touched on in the original thread. Also, I dont think the origintors of this event had any idea it would be such a smash hit! Being the first, there is always a learning curve... It is going to be an awesome weekend regardless. Not like people cant leave to eat but trackside food will/would be nice!

I am really pumped for this event!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #38
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
It is an important issue that was only touched on in the original thread. Also, I dont think the origintors of this event had any idea it would be such a smash hit! Being the first, there is always a learning curve... It is going to be an awesome weekend regardless. Not like people cant leave to eat but trackside food will/would be nice!

Some one bring one of those big ass trucks with a ginormous grill on the tailgate!! We will cook up hot dogs and burgers!!!

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #39
4SD FED

Drives: 2010 rs/ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Oh I agree, the gf was asking as she reads c5 also and wasn't sure. So I thought better to ask now and plan ahead then get there and be expecting something and get something else. She also asked about the breakfast on Sunday, who is invited.....
Old 03-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #40
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Food

I am baffled by the amount of automobile enthusiasts looking for more then the dollar will buy. I am a past motorcylce track rider and have been to many events in the past and my passenger/spectator always had to fend for their own ! I only "sometimes" had meals added to my driver package. Come on folks, let it go!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #41
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
I am baffled by the amount of automobile enthusiasts looking for more then the dollar will buy. I am a past motorcylce track rider and have been to many events in the past and my passenger/spectator always had to fend for their own ! I only "sometimes" had meals added to my driver package. Come on folks, let it go!
I dont think people are upset or even expecting a free meal, they are jsut wanting to know what to expect. It would suck for a spectator to be thinking they were getting fed and come to find out they were not...

As I said, I am packing food...
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #42
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
It's all good..... without questions no one would know for sure if something was missed. Originally when Jay started working this, he was trying to get the spectators fed as well. That was the goal way, way, way back in the October time frame. As planning went on and this thing grew and grew, it wasn't feasible.

We'll have a ball. And I'll bum a sandwich from JR.