Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #71
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
My son drives a G8 and lives in Iowa. He just got a fix-it ticket for $87.00. The cop told him he was one of those people who just cares about the appearance of his car. This is his 2nd fix-it ticket for no front plate,the first ticket was no charge. I am driving a Vette and Camaro,so far no problems in Wisconsin.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #72
Tommy Pike Customs

Drives: 2010 TPC Camaro
I've never understood the need for two plates. I didn't know about the sticker on the windshield. That would be a nice alternative for states that require two plates. I imagine some people would even pay extra to do a sticker instead of front plate
Tommy Pike Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #73
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pike Customs View Post
I've never understood the need for two plates. I didn't know about the sticker on the windshield. That would be a nice alternative for states that require two plates. I imagine some people would even pay extra to do a sticker instead of front plate
We have tags on our windshield AND the 2 plate law.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #74
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
It's just a front plate guys......

Not a 5 foot by 5 foot purple with yellow polka-dots sign that says "I love richard simmons" or something.......
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #75
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

Not a 5 foot by 5 foot purple with yellow polka-dots sign that says "I love richard simmons" or something.......
May as well be.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #76
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
That's your opinion. I hate front plates. They're useless and ugly. If you want to have one on your car and aren't bothered by it, then fine... But, don't just fling around a "it's just a..." because it's about as insulting to some as saying "it's just a car"

Personally, I'd rather see police spending more time catching real criminals and not worrying about stupid little things like tint levels, front plates and other such petty infractions. Spend more time dealing with people excessively speeding, going way too slow on an interstate, people with parts hanging off their car and possibly causing road debris, people darting in and out of traffic.. You know. Something that might actually hurt someone.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #77
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
If that is the case placing it in the windshield would serve the same purpose, correct?

But, I hear they consider that unacceptable too??
And how is a cop supposed to easily read a license plate in reverse through his rear view mirror?

Its also not advisable because in an accident, you end up with a 'spinning blade' flying around the cabin.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #78
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
The front plate takes away SO much from the car... I hate it... You'll never see me putting front plates on my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
And how is a cop supposed to easily read a license plate in reverse through his rear view mirror?
Why, set a new law to have all front plates reversed, THAT'S HOW! It will cost $50 for every citizen to reverse their plates...

Lets see... 300,000,000 citizens, and $50 a pop...$15,000,000,000 total!

Hey guys, we can finally afford that new pay raise!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #79
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
I agree. I wish Wisconsin would change there law on the front plate also.
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #80
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
That's your opinion. I hate front plates. They're useless and ugly. If you want to have one on your car and aren't bothered by it, then fine... But, don't just fling around a "it's just a..." because it's about as insulting to some as saying "it's just a car"

Personally, I'd rather see police spending more time catching real criminals and not worrying about stupid little things like tint levels, front plates and other such petty infractions. Spend more time dealing with people excessively speeding, going way too slow on an interstate, people with parts hanging off their car and possibly causing road debris, people darting in and out of traffic.. You know. Something that might actually hurt someone.

wonder how many criminals are caught by traffic stops. and if the law says you have to have a front plate, and you don't have one, that makes you a criminal right?
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #81
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
wonder how many criminals are caught by traffic stops. and if the law says you have to have a front plate, and you don't have one, that makes you a criminal right?
If the state made a law that everyone must shave their heads bald, then those who didn't would be criminals...

Not saying that it's true for every law, but the states make some laws to make it legal to "steal" money from its citizens to fuel their spending.

Why do you think speed traps exist?
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #82
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
notice the wording.. "real criminal" -- as in, not someone that's just breaking some stupid law.. I'm talking about rapists, murders, kid nappers, child molesters.. you know.. stuff like that... But thanks for being intentionally literal to prove a point. Considering how many laws that exist.. All of us are technically considered criminals.

I also wonder how many criminals would be caught if we all had glass walled houses. Had to walk around naked and couldn't conceal anything. Had to have daily inspections from government officials... Were required to have daily blood and urinalysis... The list goes on and on.

My point was Mr. Literal... I personally wish they'd spend more time dealing with other problems.. Not some lack of a front plate.. I know that not all of them do it.. but, there are some LEOs out there that walk around with a nice little chip on their shoulder and treat the general public like crap because they can.. I've passed plenty of LEOs in my area, they look, they see me.. they just keep going by and on about their job. Kudos to them for either not caring or having something more important to do than pulling me over and citing me for no front plate as I'm obeying all other traffic laws.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #83
DrJohn

Drives: 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcameron View Post
Hey drjohn I live in tualatin and so I was wondering if you drive without your front plate?
I would assume at least someone would try and pull you over for it.
Your nick here, if it is your last name, is so close to my name it's not even funny.

Haven't been pulled over yet (knock knock). Been all the way from Vancouver to John Day to Bend to Biggs Junction in the Gorge and no one has even blinked at me. It's my DD and I work in Clackamas so I drive I5 / I205 every day and if someone was gonna nail me it would be those West Linn cops or those Tigard b*st*rds.

I did put on a plate just for my California/Nevada trip but only cause I wanted to avoid a hassle of any kind on the trip. The motor wasn't even cold from the trip when I took it off.

On a side note, we oughta stop for a drink sometime. Maybe @ Claim Jumper? I don't know any other 5Gen people in town yet. Oh ... and the best part - I'm buyin'

drjohn420@gmail.com

2010 1LT ~ Jet effen Black
6 Manual

Added after purchase:

OEM Spoiler
GFX Body kit
Magnaflow CAT Back
Airraid CAI
35% Tint
3M Clear Bra
Console Gauge Cluster
DrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #84
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
notice the wording.. "real criminal" -- as in, not someone that's just breaking some stupid law.. I'm talking about rapists, murders, kid nappers, child molesters.. you know.. stuff like that... But thanks for being intentionally literal to prove a point. Considering how many laws that exist.. All of us are technically considered criminals.

I also wonder how many criminals would be caught if we all had glass walled houses. Had to walk around naked and couldn't conceal anything. Had to have daily inspections from government officials... Were required to have daily blood and urinalysis... The list goes on and on.

My point was Mr. Literal... I personally wish they'd spend more time dealing with other problems.. Not some lack of a front plate.. I know that not all of them do it.. but, there are some LEOs out there that walk around with a nice little chip on their shoulder and treat the general public like crap because they can.. I've passed plenty of LEOs in my area, they look, they see me.. they just keep going by and on about their job. Kudos to them for either not caring or having something more important to do than pulling me over and citing me for no front plate as I'm obeying all other traffic laws.

so who gets to decide which laws are stupid? you, me, the "real" criminal, the cops, the judges, the legislater?

if you know that a front plate is required, and you choose to ignore this, don't complain about getting a ticket. if you know that your tint is too dark and you choose to get it anyways, don't complain about getting a ticket. if you know the speed limit is 65 and you choose to go faster, don't compain about a ticket.

it's called personnal responsibility and living with the choices we make. if you don't like a law, get it changed.
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
license plate