Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #29
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
...around the driver-side side fender lip. The passenger side lip around the quarter-panel was similarly affected. The paint around the base of the driver's side A-pillar had a distinctly grainy feel to the touch, as well. And last month, I discovered a ridge or bump of paint around the bottom of the passenger-side quarter panel, behind the door.
I suggest reading the Challenger forum & having the metal carefully checked. What you describe seems similar to the premature rust issue, in which it starts on the inside & works its way out.

Quote:
There was also an incident where I needed to make a rather abrupt stop (to deny the police officer about 30-40 yards ahead of me an easy red-light ticket). The brakes halted the car with room to spare, but the engine decided to do the same upon reaching 0mph. I got the engine to restart with no trouble, but for something like that to occur was rather disconcerting.
It was the first & has been an ongoing random issue since the Challenger was reintroduced in 2008.

Quote:
There have also been several occasions where I'd be driving around @ 35-45mph, with the vehicle in Drive, where the transmission would apparently be content with staying in 4th, seemingly forgetting that there were four more gears to go...
I experienced the same issue in 2nd gear. After having it serviced a half dozen times in three months, I traded it for another R/T.

I don't mean to be pessimistic. I owned three Challengers & had a blast. I simply wish to share my experiences, so hopefully they're helpful.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #30
saagz87

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I can't say anything about R/T or scat packs as I haven't even test driven one. My hellcat is solid as any other good car I have owned and my paint is perfect. Yes it required correction from the factory before CQuartz went on but most cars need it done to be perfect too. My hellcat has only been to dealer once for a stereo flash TSB. My camaro in 8500 miles... New blower, new head unit, 2 new window regulators, leaking master cylinder that ate paint under hood. And I have a GMC Terrain thru my company that is at dealer more than I get to drive it. Between these issues and then reading all the issues on the caddy forum about ctsv issues I decided to go another route. To each their own I guess
saagz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #31
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
My friends Hellcat has spent more time at the dealer then at his house. Supercharger issue (odd noises), transmission issue (not upshifting sometimes), Gauge issue (cluster lights went out), brake issue (caliper sticking), and to top it off the dealer dinged the door. All this is less then 7500 miles...he's not a happy camper to say the least.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #32
saagz87

Drives: 2013 ZL1
^well that's a big bummer for your friend. I would be unhappy to have that many problems with my new car too. Hope he has a good dealer to get his car fixed up. Half
My problem was with my ZL1 was the local dealer treated me like shit. I'm 28 but was 25 when I bought my Zl1. Every time I came in for repair they tried to blame me like I was abusing the car. Yes I did autocross the car and it went down the drag strip a few times but car was built for that kind of use. Dealers can make or break the reputation of the manufacturer and that's sad.
saagz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:04 PM   #33
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:
Originally Posted by saagz87 View Post
Hey never satisfied, I will give you my impressions. Sold my ZL1 close to one year ago due to having baby and needing Better backseat. Picked up a hellcat charger fully loaded at msrp. I was lucky. Now you can find them easy at msrp. Only thing I miss about my ZL1 is shifting gears being I now have an a8. But the hellcat has great build quality and with simple mods they are running 9 second passes. Yes the 275 tires aren't great but that's an easy fix. Some have broken driveshafts while others have over 30 passes on drag radials. I have 5k trouble free miles on mine and it's the best sports car I have owned. As for insurance, I shit you not, cheaper than my ZL1. Not sure if it's because it's a 4 door or what but insurance is not bad at all. And to everyone that says this car doesn't handle has not driven one and watched too many videos of them drifting online. too much throttle and it's a handful. But it handles VERY good. Corvette good, no but I can't say my ZL1 handled better... Similar autocross courses and my times are very similar between both cars. The bigger autocross track I get to do once per year was faster in hellcat. Probably due to 2 decent length straights. Just my opinions. If you want a hellcat go buy one. You will not regret it
Placed my order yesterday and got an order confirmation today. I actually got my dealer to go $500 under MSRP too. I can't wait!

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I right have the change to buy a B5 blue one at MSRP. Not sure if I should bite. If it was white on order from the dealer that called me it would be a done deal.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #35
McBeevee

That's the color I ordered...bright white clear coat (although I like the B5 a lot)

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 02-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #36
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
That's the color I ordered...bright white clear coat (although I like the B5 a lot)
The white looks badass on those. That will be awesome. I told the dealer if he could change the color to white that I would take. I like B5 too, but I think I would get tire of it over time. My wife doesn't really care for it either.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #37
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I think the Charger Hellcat is a better looking car anyways....and if i'm not mistaken its actually lighter and faster than the Challenger version.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #38
RedRock 2SS/RS

Drives: 2014 RedRock 2SS/RS
I realize my post has nothing to do with the Hellcat, instead I'll comment on the dealer pricing...

I'm going to date myself but back in the early 80's my uncle got a hard-on for a new-for-the-times Honda Accord hatchback. He was convinced that car was going to solve all his "fuel economy" issues, just like thousands of others did. That was all he talked about!

We visited many Honda dealerships (no interweb those days) and of course supply was very low, demand was very high and prices reflected that condition. It all depends on the market - this example shows that the vehicle does not to be expensive for dealers to "take advantage" of others.

Regarding on whether this is "against the law" all I have to say is put yourself in the dealer's shoes. Believe me I am not defending them because there are plenty of shysters out there, but if you would be in their shoes and your livelyhood depending on a deal, you would want to get the highest price. And... If there is a customer willing to pay it (like my uncle) then there you go.

Oh and my uncle did buy an Accord. Paid out the wazoo for it and yes, the honeymoon was very short lived. Once he started driving the thing he realized all the things the Accord was NOT. That list was larger than the fuel economy and the car was soon traded.
RedRock 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #39
McBeevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I think the Charger Hellcat is a better looking car anyways....and if i'm not mistaken its actually lighter and faster than the Challenger version.
Yes, you are mistaken. The charger is most definitely heavier.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 02-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #40
McBeevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The white looks badass on those. That will be awesome. I told the dealer if he could change the color to white that I would take. I like B5 too, but I think I would get tire of it over time. My wife doesn't really care for it either.
Yeah, I could see that plus it's important to keep the Mrs. happy. My wife was very specific with her likes and dislikes. I've always been a fan of white (my 5th gen was white) and the white hellcat will look good parked beside her white Grand Cherokee.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 02-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #41
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
My dealer wanted $25k over MSRP for a GT350, and he got it. Not from me, but somebody paid it. If people are willing to pay, the dealer is going to let them.
Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #42
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
My dealer wanted $25k over MSRP for a GT350, and he got it. Not from me, but somebody paid it. If people are willing to pay, the dealer is going to let them.
That seems like so much 😁
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote