Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Question about mixing tires

Hello,

I know it's never an idea situation to mx and match tires, but at the cost, I don't really have a choice now.

I cuurently have the summer stock tires on the SS. The rear tires are pretty bared. It's even getting hard in rain. I don't even dare in snow. I can afford two now, and two four months from now. The fron ones still have some good tread on them. I would like to upgrade to winter tires. Would the new rear ones make the not so good front ones react in a bad way?

Also, there seems to be plenty of tires to choose from, but I'm a little confused on what to actually get. What would be the best winter tires for about $250? If you could also post a link to where they are, that would be great too. If I buy them online, I'll need to know that I have the rights on for sure. I just don't know enough about tires to know exactly what I'm getting

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
No problem with your plans.

When it comes to tires and rear-wheel-drive setup, just always be sure the two rear tires are in the same condition. That is it.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
mix and matched tires on most vehicles I have had, 8-9 cars. most people don't notice. just make sure your changing backs then fronts or vice versa. replacing them one axle at a time and your ok!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote