Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Psycho lady

I was having a GOOD DAY today it was okay at work got done at 1pm. My mom offered to take me out to lunch at BWW. I was excited for fried pickles and what not. We decided to eat out at the patio it wasn't too warm outside and we were going to take turns going back and forth to my camaro because I had my four legged son with me. We are sitting at the patio and a older lady keeps on pacing by my camaro and looking inside my car. Definatley not interested in camaros could tell. She gets a note pad out and starts writing down my plate number. I stand up because number one she has no right writing down my plate number when my car is not up for a repo and she is not a member of a law enforcement Do you have a issue with my camaro. Yes, it's against the law to keep a dog in your car. I'm going to call the police and the human society on you. I owned my little dog for over 4 years and rescued all of my dogs from the human society. This lady decides to walk into the restaurant and watch me till I got back in my car. She pissed me off sooo much I took out the parking lot and dropped my dog with my dad and came back with my mother's car because it's obvious this lady had some jealous hate for the camaro??? I personally didn't care if the cops came or not. I would of LOVED to till them my part of the story That's my rant! I can see animal cruelty when I fly out of the airport and leave your dog in the car for 4 days but not when you run inside to grab some food. I had my sunroof fully vented and my windows were completely down but about one inch
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Sorry gotta agree with the lady on this one. Unless you have the car running with the AC on for the animal, no excuse for leaving the pet in the vehicle - period.

-K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Sorry gotta agree with the lady on this one. Unless you have the car running with the AC on for the animal, no excuse for leaving the pet in the vehicle - period.

-K
The OP is in Wisconsin, don't get too hot there. If it was a kid in the car yeah...I could see that but the dog thing was asking for a fight. In fact the high today in Green Bay is 79, 81 for the week.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
now if you would have had the sun roof COMPLETELY open and the windows cracked to get a breeze......then I'd say she was way off base.....and I know its not near as hot where your at as it is in texas. BUT..... it gets hot in your car, even with the windows cracked open. SOOO she was right.

Certainly your going to think we are nuts......well how about this.....how long were ya'll in the resturant? Go out to your car.....set it up the same way....in the sun.....come back in an hour or hour and a half......I bet YOU would be getting the air going PRETTY DAMN FAST.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 08-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Ok I pulled this from yesterday's temp near Steven's point since she said it was lunch time. This shows 78.8 degrees with no heat index.

While I disagree with leaving your pet in the car period AND my frame of reference is coming from ASS hot Austin Texas, I have to amend my view and agree with Stacy. It was not as hot as I first surmised, she had the windows down (I read as all the way except for one inch) AND was constantly checking on the pup.

12:15 PM 78.8 °F - 60.8 °F 54% 29.96 in 10.0 mi West 4.6 mph

Stacy I stand corrected and have to say the lady was being a little nuts.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
The OP is in Wisconsin, don't get too hot there. If it was a kid in the car yeah...I could see that but the dog thing was asking for a fight.
EXACTLY! When I go down to a Brewer Game of course I'm leaving my dog home go to work for 8 hours of course can't take my dog. I can see if my windows completely sealed but when I had my camaro parked like I had my top down sunroof wide open windows were completely down except one inch and the dog would be alone a few minutes what's the deal? I had his water cup for him. I find it funny because I came back 10 minutes later and a their was a dog in a car locked up with not even a window down? Why target me because I'm just a camaro owner and you hate camaros
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Ok I pulled this from yesterday's temp near Steven's point since she said it was lunch time. This shows 78.8 degrees with no heat index.

While I disagree with leaving your pet in the car period AND my frame of reference is coming from ASS hot Austin Texas, I have to amend my view and agree with Stacy. It was not as hot as I first surmised, she had the windows down (I read as all the way except for one inch) AND was constantly checking on the pup.

12:15 PM 78.8 °F - 60.8 °F 54% 29.96 in 10.0 mi West 4.6 mph

Stacy I stand corrected and have to say the lady was being a little nuts.

Cheers
K
Thanks buddie I was thinking the lady wanted to get some quick cash maybe my calling the cops thinking I HAVE A hot car Sorry I carry a liquor license I get background checks done on me every other year. I'm clean! Sorry for going off topic ha
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
EXACTLY! When I go down to a Brewer Game of course I'm leaving my dog home go to work for 8 hours of course can't take my dog. I can see if my windows completely sealed but when I had my camaro parked like I had my top down sunroof wide open windows were completely down except one inch and the dog would be alone a few minutes what's the deal? I had his water cup for him. I find it funny because I came back 10 minutes later and a their was a dog in a car locked up with not even a window down? Why target me because I'm just a camaro owner and you hate camaros
About 8 years ago during the winter in Scottsdale some lady came running into the store I worked at as LP saying I needed to call the police. I asked her what was wrong and she said some dog was in a car in the parking lot. I go out there and the windows are rolled down and pooch is happy as a lark, it was about 75 that day to boot. I told the lady we weren't calling the cops and the dog was fine, I've never seen anyone explode in anger like she did after I said that.

Now when a mom locked her baby in the car with the windows up on a 105 degree day not only did I call the cops I also helped them smash open a window. Sounds like the lady you ran into probably has nothing better to do than stir some shit everywhere goes. Given that you never had contact with PD I'm sure they just laughed her off the phone.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
About 8 years ago during the winter in Scottsdale some lady came running into the store I worked at as LP saying I needed to call the police. I asked her what was wrong and she said some dog was in a car in the parking lot. I go out there and the windows are rolled down and pooch is happy as a lark, it was about 75 that day to boot. I told the lady we weren't calling the cops and the dog was fine, I've never seen anyone explode in anger like she did after I said that.

Now when a mom locked her baby in the car with the windows up on a 105 degree day not only did I call the cops I also helped them smash open a window. Sounds like the lady you ran into probably has nothing better to do than stir some shit everywhere goes. Given that you never had contact with PD I'm sure they just laughed her off the phone.
She just got jealous because she had to eat at Culvers for lunch and I got B-Dubs ha! I know my lil tricked out camaro causes jealous range for those who can't have but I'm the one stuck making the payments on it so LEAVE me alone! She had no phone so she actually walked into the restaurant and waiting for me to leave and then she was circling the parking lot watching me depart. It definatley showed her level of intelligence when she couldn't remember a 6 digit customized plate number
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Personal opinion is not cool! Temps over 75 to 80 degrees mean the interior of the car is usually 10 degrees warmer. Next time leave the pooch at home
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
should of just hit remote start
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Well since it was only around 80 degrees there according to everyone else, and you had you windows open, then I say the lady went a little overboard. But if it was 99+ degrees? I would've wanted her to call the cops on you.

By the way, I highly doubt she was calling you out because she was jealous of your Camaro. Just sayin'.

But I agree with you on this.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
should of just hit remote start
That's what my dad said ha!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Well since it was only around 80 degrees there according to everyone else, and you had you windows open, then I say the lady went a little overboard. But if it was 99+ degrees? I would've wanted her to call the cops on you.

By the way, I highly doubt she was calling you out because she was jealous of your Camaro. Just sayin'.

But I agree with you on this.
Thanks! It was just odd how she singled out my car when other cars had dogs in them with the windows fully sealed! I guess I just never had this siutation happen before. I was just in the wrong spot at the right time
Last weekend I left my pooch at home because it was 90 and humid.