Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-17-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
DRG80N

Drives: Camaro ZL1 (2013) RHD
A Question for those who have experienced tuning a ZL1 with PTM

Dear friends,

I own one of a handful of 2013 Gen5 ZL1's that have been converted LHD to right-hand drive in Australia. Bucket list car to own which I love! As stage 1, upgraded CAI, Injectors, Pully and Exhaust. With that came the obligatory tune by one of Australia's best and most experienced LS engine tuners. So drive-wise, the car in standard Tour or Sport is an absolute dream - snappy gear shifts (if in auto) tremendous responsiveness. However, if I put the car into PTM modes I feel it becomes sloppy, slower to respond.

This makes no sense to me as obviously the hardware stays consistent and I would have thought the tune would carry across, but is this the case?

Is there anything I need to say to the tuner to ensure his work which is fantastic for the 'normal' drive modes is also a benefit when using PTM?
Is there a way I can check PTM is working (beyond the changing MRC feel which is definitely there)?
Does it need to be tuned while in PTM mode?
I feel a lot of this may come from the pedal which undoubtedly has a different response when in PTM as I just need to touch it in normal modes to have the car respond, but virtually need to have my foot on the floor when in PTM modes (large zone of slack).
Anyway, any help or insight you wise people may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated. Its going back in for stage 2 (cam + springs) which will have another opportunity for a tune - so hopefully can address?
DRG80N is offline   Reply With Quote