Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #1
TJ_45th

Drives: Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edition
LSA Conversion

I'm deciding between going all out and going for a Whipple or just staying moderate and getting an LSA Conversion.

Curious where yall are getting the LSA blower parts and what misc/random things I'm going to need for the LSA conversion, and if possible where to get them on the cheap. (Also I know power ain't cheep just shopping around for best price)
TJ_45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:23 PM   #2
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Check out my thread, I am in the middle of a LSA build right now. I was at the same point. You may be surprised by what a bored out LSA blower can produce if the stock LSA blower isn’t enough for you.

There is not a problem getting a complete LSA build, you just have to look around.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Guy just posted an lsa blower without the lid and injectors.
Lsa you can get away with for about 70% the cost of a whipple unless you find a whipple used for a good deal or at a heavy discount. Were i to do this over again i would consider an lsa then if i wanted to go bigger I'd look at the kong upgrade for it which out performs the whipple. I love my whipple. My only complaints are 900whp limit, and it doesn't whine much. I love the whine of the lsa better it's much more audible. I believe my loud exhaust and closed off cai continues to not being able to hear the whine as well. It seems the 2.9 whipple is a little out dated at this point with the new 2650 chargers.
What you need to try and do first is really think where toy want to be able to go with a build. Will you be happy att 600whpm 800whp? Or will you want to crack the new goal for everyone of 1000whp? That will determine your fuel system that what type of FI to go with. Will it be raced? Drag raced, road course? Street only? Daily driver?
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
My build is has a lot on the LSA and, what I got out of it...

Plus a lot of other stuff ;o)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
The LSA route is a ton of fun and don't sell it short as far as the power goes. We've had more then a few LSA builds pass 700rwhp over here. The Whipple is a better blower though. The only down side to the LSA swaps is that they are pieced together and can be frustrating to install. Hunting down all the correct pieces, finding something doesn't work etc. Before you start an LSA build check out our prices on the Whipple and Maggie set ups with coupon code CAMARO5. You might decide its easier to just go that route once you do. Also, check out the ECS kit. It's a centrifugal set up but the price is right and they can make big power.

Last edited by Juiced1; 04-23-2020 at 08:30 AM. Reason: adding
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, lsa, supercharger