Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
That's very impressive HP for 5.5 p.s.i. There are pullied ZL1s making less than that. Andy did a great job on your car. I'd be satisfied too.....for a little while. You're fortunate to be so close to them.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
That's very impressive HP for 5.5 p.s.i. There are pullied ZL1s making less than that. Andy did a great job on your car. I'd be satisfied too.....for a little while. You're fortunate to be so close to them.
Here is what it takes to make that power on such low boost-

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=427+LSA
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #17
mickey123456

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I know you are upping the boost with this package. Just wondering what that does to the durability of the LSA. Honestly, if I could have this package installed with no headaches I'd do it in a minute. Let me know what experience you have had. Does the package maintain a safe level of boost for non forged pistons? Your package is my favorite, so I want to make sure that it will last a long time.
mickey123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey123456 View Post
I know you are upping the boost with this package. Just wondering what that does to the durability of the LSA. Honestly, if I could have this package installed with no headaches I'd do it in a minute. Let me know what experience you have had. Does the package maintain a safe level of boost for non forged pistons? Your package is my favorite, so I want to make sure that it will last a long time.
The LSA reliability has been 2nd to non and we feel that when properly modified you will have years of increased performance and satisfaction.

As you read this forum you will find few if any leave my shop with a head ache,Our shop is very well respected when it comes to performance for dollar spent,knowledge about these cars,ability to do the job properly.I can't tell you how many have left saying we under promise and over deliver.

The 650 package is 12-13 psi average,We have run 15-16 with no damageed cars(CTSV'S HAVE BEEN OUR TEST BAY FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS)

Feel free to email me directly and I would be glad to give you a turn key quote including transportation.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #19
Mike TexaSS

Drives: 454 LS7 Camaro SS
You mean the LSA isn't new camaro technology...lol

Great results andy. I've herd complaints of the brick inside the supercharger not being efficient as the CTS-Vs. what kind of IATs did you see? Also still using stock intercooler pump?

Www.gforce-tx.com
Mike TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #20
ADM PERFORMANCE

Intercooler Brick

Great results andy. I've herd complaints of the brick inside the supercharger not being efficient as the CTS-Vs. what kind of IATs did you see? Also still using stock intercooler pump?

The CTSV and ZL1 share the same internal heat exchanger......But It could be better.

Ice chest Intercoolers may become very popular for the drag ZL1 guys.

Www.gforce-tx.com[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 05-29-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
You mean the LSA isn't new camaro technology...lol

Www.gforce-tx.com
I quote from GM High Tech Perf magazine. "Much of ZL1 power increase over CTS-V comes courtesy of efficiency gains found in the LSA's air to liquid cooler. Compared to CTS-V the intercooler brick had to be pushed forward and we (GM) decided to optomize it. They analyzed the water flow and airflow rates. The bricks dimensions and fin pitch were optomized."

This is in the May 2012 issue on page 35 for those wanting to get additional detail info. I do not know if this is saying it is more efficient than CTS-V but perhaps better optomized for the different shape of the blower lid.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
oneZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 m6
Just finished my drive home from Dallas picking up my ZL1 with a brand new ADM 650+ package.

Its not exactly a short jaunt from Dallas to Shreveport, so I was able to get a feel for the new package in a number of situations. Merging , highway cruising and start and stop traffic.

Before I get into my impressions of this package and ADM craftsmanship, allow me to catch you up to speed with my past experience.

My brothers and I have been dabbling with late model performance cars since 1995. from 10 second 396 lt4 camaros and vettes to low 9
second ls1 Trans Ams and Vettes. Our cars have made appearances in GM High Tech Performance magazine and Pinks all out specials.

This all may sound horribly boastful, but it was only meant to establish one thing. All those cars have been compromises. Everyone. In one way or another, they were absolutely blissfull in one way, exeptionally loathsome in others. My brother once told me during one of our shop talk sessions "Every guy has heard the saying about wanting a maid in the living room, chef in the kitchen and %&*#@ in the bedroom? Well cars are like that, you usually wind up with one not the other."

Until now. Now I have just finished driving with an ADM 650+ package on our brand new ZL1. I was initially very tentative about touching
this car. I loved it. It had great power, great ride, great handling and great looks. I wasnt going to do anything to this perfect car.
That lasted almost a full week.

Now I sit here in amazement still. This car is still perfect. Its better actually. Its perfect plus. It doesnt drive, sound, idle or even
hint thats its anything but stock. Untill you get jiggy with it. This is no where near a stock car now. Now it strains and fights the losing
fight for traction. Now it roars with authority out of the active exhaust and eminates the most beautiful tuned sounding whine Ive ever heard.

This thing is incredible. The craftmanship of the installation. The perfect blend of drivability and monster accelleration.If one would have told me 2 weeks ago this was possible I would have thought it was an exaggeration. A big one.

Incredible job ADM. I have never been more impressed. Thanks Andy. For your unassuming genius and unparalelled vision.

Just one thing. Your 650+ package is a "bit" underated, and I think it should be called the Perfect+ Package!

Pics to follow soon! (hopefully)
oneZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Great review!
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneZL1 View Post
Just finished my drive home from Dallas picking up my ZL1 with a brand new ADM 650+ package.

Its not exactly a short jaunt from Dallas to Shreveport, so I was able to get a feel for the new package in a number of situations. Merging , highway cruising and start and stop traffic.

Before I get into my impressions of this package and ADM craftsmanship, allow me to catch you up to speed with my past experience.

My brothers and I have been dabbling with late model performance cars since 1995. from 10 second 396 lt4 camaros and vettes to low 9
second ls1 Trans Ams and Vettes. Our cars have made appearances in GM High Tech Performance magazine and Pinks all out specials.

This all may sound horribly boastful, but it was only meant to establish one thing. All those cars have been compromises. Everyone. In one way or another, they were absolutely blissfull in one way, exeptionally loathsome in others. My brother once told me during one of our shop talk sessions "Every guy has heard the saying about wanting a maid in the living room, chef in the kitchen and %&*#@ in the bedroom? Well cars are like that, you usually wind up with one not the other."

Until now. Now I have just finished driving with an ADM 650+ package on our brand new ZL1. I was initially very tentative about touching
this car. I loved it. It had great power, great ride, great handling and great looks. I wasnt going to do anything to this perfect car.
That lasted almost a full week.

Now I sit here in amazement still. This car is still perfect. Its better actually. Its perfect plus. It doesnt drive, sound, idle or even
hint thats its anything but stock. Untill you get jiggy with it. This is no where near a stock car now. Now it strains and fights the losing
fight for traction. Now it roars with authority out of the active exhaust and eminates the most beautiful tuned sounding whine Ive ever heard.

This thing is incredible. The craftmanship of the installation. The perfect blend of drivability and monster accelleration.If one would have told me 2 weeks ago this was possible I would have thought it was an exaggeration. A big one.

Incredible job ADM. I have never been more impressed. Thanks Andy. For your unassuming genius and unparalelled vision.

Just one thing. Your 650+ package is a "bit" underated, and I think it should be called the Perfect+ Package!

Pics to follow soon! (hopefully)
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
oneZL1

Here we go!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
oneZL1

A little closer look...

Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneZL1 View Post
A little closer look...

Excellent write up and Very good view there.

As fellow ZL1 owners will see ,we have eliminated those unsightly hoses and now have a HP plaque that shows exactly what power this car makes

That drive home must of been fun with that Grandsport in you rear view so many times

BTW- Thanks for that fresh boudin ...... I love me some good cajun food!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great Review...

..and I love the fact that the exhaust is left in tact.