Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Lgray
camaro69

Drives: 1969 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
what about the weight difference? Also, it should be heads up with the automatic ss don't you think?
The 100hp on top of 304hp but its the torque of a 100 shot of NOS that gets the job done Some where around 145-165 lbs of torquethats what will give the SS A run for the money
Can you say sleeper dressed like a sheep
Lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgray View Post
The 100hp on top of 304hp but its the torque of a 100 shot of NOS that gets the job done Some where around 145-165 lbs of torquethats what will give the SS A run for the money
Not really related, but in what way is the V6 "dressed like a sheep?" They're almost, if not just, as aggressive looking as the V8.

But watch it if you decide to run that high of a shot. You don't want things getting lean on you...
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgray View Post
Yep... look at what a 100 shot did for my 2005 V6 Mustang! LOL!

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #18
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Not really related, but in what way is the V6 "dressed like a sheep?" They're almost, if not just, as aggressive looking as the V8.

But watch it if you decide to run that high of a shot. You don't want things getting lean on you...
- X
That's supposed to be the beauty of the Zex control unit... it's supposed to be smarter than just simple solenoids that just open up... but yeah, always a good idea to strap the car on they dyno just to make sure everything is working like it's supposed to.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
I don't understand why a V6 owner would void the their warranty's with mods... If you cared about HP the smart thing to do would be spend the extra $3000 up front for the SS and have 426 HP stock with a warranty and good to go.

After all didn't V6 owners buy them because they were cost efficient, practical, and a daily driver that gets good MPG?
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #20
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yep... look at what a 100 shot did for my 2005 V6 Mustang! LOL!

WOW - Look at that torque ! Loving it
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
I don't understand why a V6 owner would void the their warranty's with mods... If you cared about HP the smart thing to do would be spend the extra $3000 up front for the SS and have 426 HP stock with a warranty and good to go.

After all didn't V6 owners buy them because they were cost efficient, practical, and a daily driver that gets good MPG?
I have a V6 SS. Very modable.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #22
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:

I'm going to ignore this post for the most part except to point out a flaw in your logic. Assuming all you care about is the engine and tranny, then you'd be perfectly happy purchasing a 1LS (after all, even the SS wheels are too heavy and those tires will never do for the track), at which point you're really saving 8,000 dollars, not 3.

And thats a lot of go-fast parts.
- X

Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:

It's a V6 thing... you wouldn't get it... LOL! j/k...

When I did my Mustang V6 there was an $8,000 dollar difference... and I had no intention of modding it when I bought it... stuff just happens... LOL!

BTW... I had warranty work done on my throttle body even though my Nitrous was installed in plain sight and was in fact spliced into the TPS on the TB... Still had my numbers from the track on the window... and when the service writer poked his head in the the car to get the mileage, he looked up at me and said "why is there a helmet in your car?" He just kind of smiled knowingly... They also did some warranty work on a tranny leak.. LOL
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #24
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:

Why does anyone mod anything? Because they can.

Lighter, cheaper, far more technologically advanced and a few years from now when forced induction becomes more common...going to be a stormer. I also personally hate the fake mail slot of the SS, but that's just me.

426hp is fun, but you deal with the gas guzzling aspect even if you try and baby it all the time. Lightly modded 6's will retain their driving style, probably increase MPG slightly and still be able to romp around when asked. If you want fast right out of the box, and feel like dropping 4-10K more on the car depending on options, then SS's are an easy choice. If you enjoy a far more techie engine and think of the car as more of a sports coupe than a muscle car, the 6 is a no brainier.

I'm bias, turbo 6's FTW.
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #25
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Well, the good news is that they've at least tested this system to 100hp shot levels w/o the ability to tune. That would be a little harry for me w/o seeing their dyno runs, EGT and knock count levels -- but with supplementary fuel they don't seem to be hitting a condition where spark retard is required. That's really good news... changes many of the "what if" conditions required planning FI setups from an tuning standpoint.

With the processing power and the speed that corrections can be made (thanks to the DI portion of the system) I think this ecu is going to VERY adaptive to changes to variables. Now if I could only find the frigging injector flow rates LOL
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #26
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Quote:

Depending on which LS/LT trim you got, the difference can be more than $3,000.
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
Well, the good news is that they've at least tested this system to 100hp shot levels w/o the ability to tune. That would be a little harry for me w/o seeing their dyno runs, EGT and knock count levels -- but with supplementary fuel they don't seem to be hitting a condition where spark retard is required. That's really good news... changes many of the "what if" conditions required planning FI setups from an tuning standpoint.

With the processing power and the speed that corrections can be made (thanks to the DI portion of the system) I think this ecu is going to VERY adaptive to changes to variables. Now if I could only find the frigging injector flow rates LOL
1 lb/year?

Not likely?
- X

Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:

because a v6 with a twin turbo is sweet
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote