Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
ok, I had enough of the top issues on my 2011 Camaro vert, so I got rid of it and bought the wife her new vehicle. Question is, on the 2013 verts did they finally fix all the rubbing and tearing that the tops were doing on the 2011? Does anyone know if the 2014 New Camaro vert will be a redesigned top mechanism?

Hello bambam72_1999,

Sorry about the top issues you experienced with your 2011 Camaro convertible. We document all known issues and there were actually a number of enhancements done and more improvements to come.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello bambam72_1999,

Sorry about the top issues you experienced with your 2011 Camaro convertible. We document all known issues and there were actually a number of enhancements done and more improvements to come.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Reggie what is coming?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
But GM has the highest quality.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
Ckchallenger2@live.com
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
Top enhancements ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello bambam72_1999,

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Are there really more to come and how many time do I have to have the top ripped off of it before a permanent fix is in place
Ckchallenger2@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Not to sound too pessimistic,
I don't think more changes will be coming in time for us poor souls with the early build 2011's...I think the warranties will run out prior to this time.I have had my top replaced and GM Canada flatly refused to put any kind of extended warranty or coverage letter to extend the warranty to cover the top past the 3 year/36 standard warranty.My warranty will expire next year.I am planning on cycling the heck out of the top this year...If I have one more problem then the car will be gone.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Reggie what is coming?

intensifi,

My apologies, as I do not have specific information as to what enhancements are currently underway. I can only ensure you that there were adjustments made already to date and they continue.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckchallenger2@live.com View Post
Are there really more to come and how many time do I have to have the top ripped off of it before a permanent fix is in place
Hello Ckchallenger2@live.com,

I cannot be certain on your particular situation but we do deal with all issues on a case by case basis. I can look into yours in particular if you like. We are constantly improving our products and your feedback is noted and appreciated.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Sounds like more Horse u know what
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #23
M1tankgod

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
I cant complain

I have an early 2011 vert,

I just asked the dealer about my top a month ago because it was showing some wear, (shiny spots)

he called the GM Rep, they just replaced the top no problem, I pick it up tonight,

they do it on a case by case basis, I cant complain , they have dealt with the two issues I had with the car except the front tires cupping on the outer edge of the tread.

after vowing never to own a chevy again , back in 1984 this is the first one I have bought since ,(thanks to dodge not bringing out a challenger convertible) but chevy is stepping up to the plate and I am really enjoying my convertible
M1tankgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tankgod View Post
I have an early 2011 vert,

I just asked the dealer about my top a month ago because it was showing some wear, (shiny spots)

he called the GM Rep, they just replaced the top no problem, I pick it up tonight,

they do it on a case by case basis, I cant complain , they have dealt with the two issues I had with the car except the front tires cupping on the outer edge of the tread.

after vowing never to own a chevy again , back in 1984 this is the first one I have bought since ,(thanks to dodge not bringing out a challenger convertible) but chevy is stepping up to the plate and I am really enjoying my convertible
M1tankgod,

I am happy to hear your situation was able to be resolved, this is good news. It's is promising to see your perceptions changing and we will continue to make our best effort to satisfy our customers.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
Sorry to hear it, hopefully they at least gave you a good price.

Keep your eye out for the IROC-Z or 50th Anniversary
You must know something we don't...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
I had my 2012 top replaced once. This season I'm treating it like crap to make sure it's really ok. I leave the top down for days on end and drive with and without the tonneau. So far I have a few pinch marks which usually go away overnight. I also have a few tiny shiny spots, but nothing that makes me go UGH. I usually have the worst luck in the world, but I am keeping my fingers crossed in this case.
rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Same results

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I had my 2012 top replaced once. This season I'm treating it like crap to make sure it's really ok. I leave the top down for days on end and drive with and without the tonneau. So far I have a few pinch marks which usually go away overnight. I also have a few tiny shiny spots, but nothing that makes me go UGH. I usually have the worst luck in the world, but I am keeping my fingers crossed in this case.
Same here - treating it like normal, and not babying it like everything else I own. Same results as you so far, hoping for the best. Warranty runs out next May ... keep or sell decision to be made then.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #28
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
We document all known issues and there were actually a number of enhancements done and more improvements to come.
Improvements to come? Shouldn't the R&D be done before you sell a car to the public?
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote