Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #15
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Nothing wrong with the A/C, it's the goofy MyLink. My 2013 shows '1' sometimes even when it's on full blast.

But the A/C still works. So no complaints. I don't need a number to tell me how hard I want air blowing in my face.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Okay, I'm going to just throw this out there because it is kind of what I believe. I'm driving a Chevy Camaro. I don't expect the quality, fit, finish, and engineering that I would expect from Cadillac, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lambrogini. All of those manufactures have cars in the horsepower range of our ZL1 but they are way more expensive. Chevy is capable of making cars like the other brands but they know that some of us don't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them so they have to cut costs somewhere. If you want a show car, save your bucks and buy a Jag or a Benz.

I'm sure GM will fix the A/C. Not every component in any car is flawless, every single manufacturer has to perform warranty work....all of them. I don't necessarily think all of the sounds that come from my engine compartment are the most melodious but the thing makes wicked power and works. Have you ever owned a supercharged car before? Granted some superchargers sound better than others but the Eaton is a little noisy. They can change all of the isolators but the supercharger still runs at a different rpm than the rest of the engine and inherently vibrations can get out of phase and make "noise". They still make power which is what this car is really designed to do. If you don't like the wheels buy a new set or get yours powder coated....

The ZL1 is a huge performance bargain, the price discount had to come form somewhere. I would rather GM keep making the cars exactly as they are rather than pay another 30 to 50K more for a flawless show car. And by the way, my Jags got towed into the dealer for Warranty repairs that disabled the car way more often than my GM. I never saw the flaw but the car wouldn't run because of a failed sensor.

Not meaning to offend but it really is simple economics, this is a relatively cheap car and I love it.
Good points made here. It's sad to hear you are having so much trouble with your car. The good news is there are a lot of people here enjoying their cars. Even Honda shoots out a few duds to its customers that have to be taken in to the dealership to be sorted out time and time again. It is a machine and therefore human era is always lurking as a possibility.

I think the ZL1 is my show car. Most people have seen a Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche, but no one in my social circle and the places I travel have seen a ZL1. It looks completely different than a SS or V6 and turns heads everywhere I go. I get so many questions. As far as reliability, it has never failed me in almost 19,000 miles. This car is a joy to drive as long as I can keep fresh tires on it.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
I wish I could. Lol jk

[QUOTE=Sven59;6908081]Are you going to post that on every thread here?

I think I got my point across and just like I figured there were plenty other zl1 owners with similar issues who aren't afraid to make them known. To all that posted and made their similar issues known, my hats off to you and never back down or give up or get use to it or need I say: just settle
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your car. It sounds like the O2 sensor problem is resolved, and I'm sure the AC problem can be resolved too. When I took delivery of my ZL1, I noticed the exhaust tips were way it of alignment and the SC rattle was really noticeable too. I had the dealer make some adjustments to the right tips which improved the misalignment, but didn't fix it. The SC rattle didn't bother me too much. I wished is was quiet, but knew a solid coupler would fix it, so I didn't press the issue. No car is perfect and it took me years and numerous cars before I learned to live with some problems that were mainly cosmetic. You have a great car and if it was mine, I'd let GM fix the AC and have someone change the coupler out to a soild one.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
ninsecgt

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your car. It sounds like the O2 sensor problem is resolved, and I'm sure the AC problem can be resolved too. When I took delivery of my ZL1, I noticed the exhaust tips were way it of alignment and the SC rattle was really noticeable too. I had the dealer make some adjustments to the right tips which improved the misalignment, but didn't fix it. The SC rattle didn't bother me too much. I wished is was quiet, but knew a solid coupler would fix it, so I didn't press the issue. No car is perfect and it took me years and numerous cars before I learned to live with some problems that were mainly cosmetic. You have a great car and if it was mine, I'd let GM fix the AC and have someone change the coupler out to a soild one.
I hear ya dangerzl1
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...sometimes owners have more issues than cars....just sayin..... Work it out. The car has no major bugs or flaws. They made plenty over time so far. It's stood up as much as could be expected with no fatal flaws. There have been no recalls. It's not a BMW. I am sure they have issues too.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
ninsecgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...sometimes owners have more issues than cars....just sayin..... Work it out. The car has no major bugs or flaws. They made plenty over time so far. It's stood up as much as could be expected with no fatal flaws. There have been no recalls. It's not a BMW. I am sure they have issues too.
There's always one.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
so youre saying our cars are supposed to have issues because theire not BMWs but then continue saying that even BMWs have issues? Im having a hard time getting that around my head.

I have the power steering failure issue, does this sound acceptable to you? driving on the highway when all of a sudden you spontaneously loose power steering?

His car shouldn't have any of those problems period.

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
my 2013 has been in the shop at least 4 times in the last 5 weeks. the main issue i had was an 02 sensor that kept acting up and my dealer grandprize chevorlet didnt have a clue. it seems to have been resolved at this point. my second issue is this annoying grinding sound coming from the fromt of the engine while at idle. this is still unresolved but the car will be dropped of at grandprize chevorlet in miami fl. on tuesday so they can have a look at it. my third issue is my a/c dials dont change the number setting most of the time when increasing the setting. the a/c would be on full blast with the number setting still stuck on the number 1. my fourth and final issue is with the quality of the rim paint coating around the lug nuts has faded and gm doesnt want refurbish the rims nor replace them with rims that have a quality paint coating on them. ive owned mustangs in the past and now i wish i'd just bought a new gt500 instead because this car has too many issues. oh yea, and the gm personel that hang around the boards here are no help and a waste of our time and energy. they get on here and try to give us the illusion that they have our best interest at hand but believe me folks when i say, they dont. i mean really, what can they do that the dealer cant? answer: not a damn thing. this bullshit phone maid named REDD that so called handled one of my cases hasnt a clue and all he did was give the usual custormer service mombo jumbo bull without really doing anthing at all. if you guys/gals have any problems with these cars you should flood the dealerships with repairing any little issue there is and stop making excuses for these cars because you're a so call loyal customer. gm only wants your money and if they could have it their way and get away with it they'd tell us "too bad so sad you've bought it now suck it up". they dont say this because there are laws that prevent them from saying it and not because they care about the customer. wake up folks!!
first off dont' be a sheep that thinks every service department is good. you can blame chevy all day long but they don't own the dealerships and it is almost ignorant to think all dealerships have good service.

in my experiance about 1 out of every 3 dealerships have a service department that I would let touch my car.

1. honesly an O2 sensor issue is nothing big. Just a part problem almost all cars will have some kind of part problem.
2. noise from the isolator is an issue by design some people hate it. it is what it is. you can buy a solid coupler but whinning or complain will not change it is by design. eaton and GM designed it this way.
3. The AC controls are anoying but make a good service department replace it easy fix.
4. paint on the wheel could be better. legit complaint have them powdercoated.

I don't want to sound like I am defending the car but on the flip side the car you wish you would have bought has a couple issues as well.

for $750 you fix 2 of your gripes and the other two wold be fixed by any good service facitity quickly.

I have been working in engineering and manufactuing my entire adult life and mistakes happen at any company. chevy, ford, dodge.

the fact the piss ant things you bring up are huge to you makes me think you should just go buy a GT500 sound like you have buyer remorse. there is nothing you pionted out from a mechanics perspective that is over 3 hours in labor.

you will be happier with the car you really want and with the car you really want you won't make mountains out of molehills.

perfect example. GT500 has the same axels as a V6 car which would piss me off as a customer. the guys really like there GT500's so they seem to be more than happy to fix the car when break one or fry a clutch. to me that is a bigger issue than anything you brough up but they like the car so they will minize that oversite on fords part on using a part from a 300hp car on a 600hp car. that being said it is bad ass car and If all I had to do is swap axels and clutch maybe I would not care either as neither of those are hard.

I am a firm believer in having what you want. if you drive a camaro but desire a mustang why??? same money. if you dirve a corvette but want a viper etc why???

fix the car take a 2k loss or so and get the GT500 make yourself happy.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
A great dealer can make an below average vehicle appear great to the owner. An average dealer and make a great car a huge disappointment. There isn't much more to say.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #25
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
my 2013 has been in the shop at least 4 times in the last 5 weeks. the main issue i had was an 02 sensor that kept acting up and my dealer grandprize chevorlet didnt have a clue. it seems to have been resolved at this point. my second issue is this annoying grinding sound coming from the fromt of the engine while at idle. this is still unresolved but the car will be dropped of at grandprize chevorlet in miami fl. on tuesday so they can have a look at it. my third issue is my a/c dials dont change the number setting most of the time when increasing the setting. the a/c would be on full blast with the number setting still stuck on the number 1. my fourth and final issue is with the quality of the rim paint coating around the lug nuts has faded and gm doesnt want refurbish the rims nor replace them with rims that have a quality paint coating on them. ive owned mustangs in the past and now i wish i'd just bought a new gt500 instead because this car has too many issues. oh yea, and the gm personel that hang around the boards here are no help and a waste of our time and energy. they get on here and try to give us the illusion that they have our best interest at hand but believe me folks when i say, they dont. i mean really, what can they do that the dealer cant? answer: not a damn thing. this bullshit phone maid named REDD that so called handled one of my cases hasnt a clue and all he did was give the usual custormer service mombo jumbo bull without really doing anthing at all. if you guys/gals have any problems with these cars you should flood the dealerships with repairing any little issue there is and stop making excuses for these cars because you're a so call loyal customer. gm only wants your money and if they could have it their way and get away with it they'd tell us "too bad so sad you've bought it now suck it up". they dont say this because there are laws that prevent them from saying it and not because they care about the customer. wake up folks!!
I'm not in here to defend no one , nor to prosecute no one either
But I just wonder if all the buyers from that other/s brands are absolutely in love with their car brand / dealer service

I surely think that's not the case , but you may want to enlighten us , the normal humanoids that we think we belong to
Please , help us
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
A little secret here, no matter how hard an automaker tries to build cars with no issues they will all have an ocassional car that seems to be Jinxed. They are machines with thousands of parts made by hundreds of different suppliers each one of which does not produce a 100% no defect product. Occasionally a car is unlucky and may have several of these substandard parts installed on the same vehicle. It's inevitable that there will be cars built with multiple problems.
Just don't panic and over react by dumping a car to soon and taking a loss.
I have had cars from different manufacturers that were like that and also GM cars. Some of which as I look back were not serious but irritating problems. If I could I would love to have a couple of those cars back today.
Just saying be patient, one day you may be glad you were.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
Bowtie724

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Do you have navigation? What color rims? I have the polished rims and mylink without navigation. I also bought mine from grand prize. I took mine in to maroone (autonation) of pembroke pines and got the worst possible customer service possible. Had to take mine to a cadillac dealer for them to fix the rear end and some other minor issues. I had to file a claim with gm and they set an appt at the dealer and followed up to make sure everything was fixed. I would take it to another dealer for service after 3 weeks of dealing with morons the right dealership had everything fixed in 2 days while i had a free rental. (cadillac ats suck compared to the Z)
Bowtie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #28
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
Take it to another dealer, if its been in that many times, goto bbb.org and file a lemon law claim and call it a ****ing day...
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote