Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #85
Squishy

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post

Here's the updated key they sent. It looks a little nicer than the one in your pic, kind of has a plastic carbon fiber feel to it

I guesssss...... But...is this too much to ask for

BMW i8 Key

Name:  BMW-i8-smart-key-fob-1.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  289.6 KB

2016 BLK Camaro 1SS/LT1 M6:
NPP | black front/rear bowtie | Blacked out taillights

2011 IOM Camaro 1SS/RS LS3:
Stainless works 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Offroad pipes | TSP Cam 235/239 on a 112 | Powerbound 25% UD Pulley
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake | SW Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust | VMax Ported TB | Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Trunnion upgrade | LSA Oil Pump | BMR 1.25 Spings | R1 Concept d/s Rotors
Tuned by Lashway Motorsports - 501 Hp 430 ft-lb
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #86
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
I guesssss...... But...is this too much to ask for

BMW i8 Key

Attachment 718686
Yes.

They did mention they were working on making new fobs that were smaller and shaped more like regular fobs. No ETA though.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #87
RedRyder

I made another attempt to wire up the RAP Off option on the Dball2 since I was able to find the right harness in the driver door (you have to take out the door speaker to see it), but it doesn't seem to work as intended.

If you wire the RAP off to the driver door trigger (Grey/Black wire/Pin 6) then the only difference is when you shut down the car, the driver window nudges down and then back up as if you had opened and closed the door really quickly. All the accessories still turn off right away.

I think I've done enough poking and prodding with this system so I'm going to give up on it for now unless anyone else has success. I would suggest just leaving the RAP Off wire disconnected for the Dball2.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #88
Squishy

Quote:
I made another attempt to wire up the RAP Off option on the Dball2 since I was able to find the right harness in the driver door (you have to take out the door speaker to see it), but it doesn't seem to work as intended.

If you wire the RAP off to the driver door trigger (Grey/Black wire/Pin 6) then the only difference is when you shut down the car, the driver window nudges down and then back up as if you had opened and closed the door really quickly. All the accessories still turn off right away.

I think I've done enough poking and prodding with this system so I'm going to give up on it for now unless anyone else has success. I would suggest just leaving the RAP Off wire disconnected for the Dball2.

What exactly is the RAP OFF option?

Stainless works 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Offroad pipes | TSP Cam 235/239 on a 112 | Powerbound 25% UD Pulley
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake | SW Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust | VMax Ported TB | Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Old 05-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #89
RedRyder

Quote:
What exactly is the RAP OFF option?
It stands for retained accessories power off and by wiring it into the driver door sense signal, I believe it's supposed to keep your accessories power on until that signal is ungrounded after shutting down the car (opening the driver's door).

It's the stock functionality where your radio stays on until you open the door after shutting down the car. If it's not connected to anything, the radio shuts down immediately.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #90
Squishy

Got it!

Old 01-01-2016, 12:57 AM   #91
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Sweet. Will be doing this ASAP. How has it been holding up with the dball2?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #92
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Sweet. Will be doing this ASAP. How has it been holding up with the dball2?

Everything's been great, no quirks since I put in the dball2
Old 01-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #93
C-redfly

Quote:
Everything's been great, no quirks since I put in the dball2
ok fantastic. I'm wondering if I should take this on myself or have it installed. Also do you have any advice on flashing it. I notice the dball2 module on amazon is cheap but it doesn't come flashed to our needed firmware.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #94
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
ok fantastic. I'm wondering if I should take this on myself or have it installed. Also do you have any advice on flashing it. I notice the dball2 module on amazon is cheap but it doesn't come flashed to our needed firmware.

Flashing is pretty simple, just buy the flashing module and download the latest firmware on their website. Instructions are included so after a couple of clicks, it's done.

Cheapest option is getting it from someone who will flash it for you like some sellers on eBay.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #95
C-redfly

Quote:
Flashing is pretty simple, just buy the flashing module and download the latest firmware on their website. Instructions are included so after a couple of clicks, it's done.

Cheapest option is getting it from someone who will flash it for you like some sellers on eBay.
Ok great. I was thinking that it would be easier to get a module already flashed. I'll keep posting on this thread as I get the keyless kit and get further along

Old 01-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #96
Tortugas12

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I know this may be a dumb question but would it be possible to affix the rfid chip from a stock key to the ignition in order to bypass the inhibitor? If that is possible wouldn't it also allow you to keep all of your stock functionality?
Tortugas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #97
RedRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortugas12 View Post
I know this may be a dumb question but would it be possible to affix the rfid chip from a stock key to the ignition in order to bypass the inhibitor? If that is possible wouldn't it also allow you to keep all of your stock functionality?
Yes, this will allow you to use the push button easily but it also takes away from some of the security. If you had the immobilizer green lighted all the time, then anyone can break into your car and start it by forcing the key lock or old school hot wiring.

You'd also have to hack up the stock wiring pretty good to get all the outputs you'd need for the install and take out the steering lock all together because you couldn't leave a cut key in the lock or anyone could just turn it and start it.

Quote:
Nice, This is definitely on my to do list now. Only thing i'm not digging is the Access Key... it looks pretty cheap and ugly to me...Lets hope it gets updated in the future.

Apparently advanced keys has a new OEM style fob that looks decent. I'm trying to get one because the credit card style one has its drawbacks. I'll post pics when I do.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #98
TofuDragon

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Apparently advanced keys has a new OEM style fob that looks decent. I'm trying to get one because the credit card style one has its drawbacks. I'll post pics when I do.
I bought a set of the updated OEM style fobs from Advanced Keys back in Sept 2015... and after trying them out for a day, switched back to the flat style fob. OEM style fobs have been collecting dust ever since. My main issue is with the flat fob I always leave it in my wallet and never have to take it out, but the OEM style fob was one extra thing to carry around. Not having to carry a fob or have an "extra" thing on a keychain was more worth it to me.

The fobs are at home in a box somewhere so I can't take photos right now, but did find a photo online. Exactly the same as the 2 I received direct from Advanced Keys in Canada.
https://www.primesmy.com/advanced-ke...pair-1217.html

They look nice and have a nice weight to them... but I took one apart to find that it's a fairly cheap plastic construction with the two metal pieces on the sides giving it all the weight. There is a tab on the back that is supposed to be able to be slide to one side allowing the bottom to come out, where you can store a spare key... but the whole thing was strangely "sealed off" and the only way to get that functionality is to dremel off some bits inside. It's almost like the keys were designed with that spare key functionality, but somebody said "screw it" and literally just screwed on the two metal sides to block it.

Last 2 things I noticed:
-It took a lot longer to open the trunk by holding the dedicated trunk release on the OEM style fob, than it was to hold the Unlock button the flat fob.
-It wouldn't let me program 1 OEM style and 1 flat style (you can only pair 2 fobs at a time to the system). So it's either 2 OEMs or 2 flat fobs.